The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need to talk, DE.

ObviousLee

1 hour ago, White_Matter said:

You are telling that to a guy who paid 250 dolars for a founders package.

Makes alot of sense.

Hey man check your spelling (dollar) and btw it was his choice and being a founder doesn't makes you special.

Edited by moooooski

1 hour ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

You dont understand feedback threads belong in the feedback forum so you?

If I had a dollar for every time somebody used the "slap in the face" metaphor around here. Jesus.

As mentioned several times before, the thread was moved here. 

2 hours ago, Zeclem said:

you can but k

what proof? 

except your "proposition" is nothing but bashing de cus hildryn can hover. thats the topic of this thread. 

its not exactly a waste in open fields, so git gud i guess?

no, i wont. im not gonna read a "proposal" written in a childlike tantrum. 

Then by all means, demonstrate that I'm wrong about animation locks. 

open fields aren't the majority of gameplay and therefore are an outlier and you don't balance against an outlier? 

there's been no bashing? 

Edited by ObviousLee

1 hour ago, ObviousLee said:

Then by all means, demonstrate that I'm wrong about animation locks. 

you come up with the claim that animation locks exist. go prove it to me. its your job, not mine.

open fields aren't the majority of gameplay and therefore are an outlier and you don't balance against an outlier? 

actually they make quite a sizable part of the gameplay since open fields contain the only traces of "endgame" content we have, and there are quite a few large open spaces in a few tilesets as well. 

there's been no bashing? 

did you even read what you post? you have been blaming de with favoritism and how much they suck at making this game. both are pretty damn false. how is it now bashing?

holy crap you arent even worth replying after this. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

you come up with the claim that animation locks exist. go prove it to me. its your job, not mine.

actually they make quite a sizable part of the gameplay since open fields contain the only traces of "endgame" content we have, and there are quite a few large open spaces in a few tilesets as well. 

did you even read what you post? you have been blaming de with favoritism and how much they suck at making this game. both are pretty damn false. how is it now bashing?

holy crap you arent even worth replying after this. 

Sure. As soon as I get off work I'll be happy to invite you to the simulacrum and demonstrate that you are wrong. 

The only thing I said about favoritism is that it is wrong. I'm guessing you haven't seenthe video from Rehetalius pointing out some of the same issues I'm mentioning here and now. 

It's not bashing because I've made it clear from the beginning that open top being corrected if I'm wrong, by the developers. You, don't speak for them.

Whether or not the plains and vallis are your definition of endgame is irrelevant. It's not even part ofthe topic. The only relevance those locations have is in relation tothe argument that zephyr is fine because plains exist. 

3 hours ago, moooooski said:

Hey man check your spelling (dollar) and btw it was his choice and being a founder doesn't makes you special.

You know you got destroyed when you find your self trying to point out a spelling error of random post on an online forum.

Keep it up

😂

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Probably the most baseless argument I've ever read.. Jesus Christ.

Solid rebuttal.

7 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Except in Hyldrons case it does?! Lol 52-54: "Take flight Tenno"

Zephyr Profile video 15:25: "Zephyrs abilities send her into flight"

The trailer says "It's fight and flight, Tenno." It's a play on "fight or flight." Fun fact, "flight" in "fight or flight" does not mean to literally become airborne. Given that Hildryn has actual thrusters, I seriously do not see the issue here. Thrusters allow individual to take to the air and hover, that is their purpose. Zephyr can, by virtue of being lightweight and her abilities, take to the air and literally fly for a period of time (think flying squirrel).

This entire thread is a non-issue.

Edited by (PS4)abbacephas

1 minute ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The trailer says "It's fight and flight, Tenno." It's a play on "fight or flight." Given that Hildryn has actual thrusters, I seriously do not see the issue here. Thrusters allow individual to take to the air and hover, that is their purpose. Zephyr can, by virtue of being lightweight and her abilities, take to the air and literally fly for a period of time (think flying squirrel).

Flying squirrels don't actually fly though. They glide. Entirely different. 

12 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Gliding flight.

Want to try again?

Sure. Gliding flight cannot gain altitude unless using thermal updrafts. You can gain incremental altitude only temporarily with the methods in your  link. Powered flight, which is actual flight, can attain higher altitude under its own power in greater increments unaided by thermals. 

Good article though. 

Edit:  your flying squirrel example is noted by your own source to be unable to gain altitude. So, as I said, incomparable. 

Second edit: I know most this offhand because I was a pilot in the army. 

Edited by ObviousLee

7 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Except in Hyldrons case it does?! Lol 52-54: "Take flight Tenno"

Zephyr Profile video 15:25: "Zephyrs abilities send her into flight"

They use the word differently for each frame. Whay youre not understanding or refuse to understand is thst flight had many different applications which is not false advertising. 

1 minute ago, ObviousLee said:

actual flight

Who are you to define what 'actual flight' is? There are different forms of flight. Just because the other forms do not match your misguided, preconceived notions of what flight should be (ie. perpetual motion in the air) does not inherently disqualify them as legitimate forms of flight.

The very first statement in the article I linked says: Gliding flight is heavier-than-air flight without the use of thrust.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

The trailer says "It's fight and flight, Tenno." It's a play on "fight or flight." Fun fact, "flight" in "fight or flight" does not mean to literally become airborne. Given that Hildryn has actual thrusters, I seriously do not see the issue here. Thrusters allow individual to take to the air and hover, that is their purpose. Zephyr can, by virtue of being lightweight and her abilities, take to the air and literally fly for a period of time (think flying squirrel).

Bingo. Op is being obtuse on purpose.

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

Bingo. Op is being obtuse on purpose.

Might wanna read my last post, and Bully for you for claiming the literal unknowable. You're not helping here. Please be on topic or remove yourself from the thread. Thank you. 

Edited by ObviousLee
Wrong word

19 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

You're not helping here. Please be on topic or remove yourself from the thread. Thank you. 

Damn, what a superiority complex.

Also, all you had to say was that Zephyr should be able to fly, just like Hildryn, because of her theme and aesthetic. That's literally all you had to say. I agree with your point, but the way you displayed it was so bombastic that it kinda just threw me off. Favoritism? Not necessarily. It's always been a habit for DE to keep working on new stuff but then only touch old stuff only every once in a while. So what? If it bothers you that much, just don't use the Warframe. Or, better yet, use your imagination and pretend that Zephyr is capable of flight. I don't know. This whole thread just seems kinda pointless to me.

Edited by (PS4)LeBlingKing69

22 minutes ago, ObviousLee said:

Might wanna read my last post, and Bully for you for claiming the literal unknowable. You're not helping here. Please be on topic or remove yourself from the thread. Thank you. 

ALL THIS RAGE CAUSE ZEPHYR CAN'T FLY BUT HILDRYN CAN LET IT GO MON 

Edited by moooooski

i see were still on the topic of birds allow me to lighten the mood 

Spoiler

Related image

Chinese golden pheasant 

enjoy birb on a off topic note has the dark and light themes of the forum changed? im on dark theme and it looks way different background wise

17 minutes ago, moooooski said:

ALL THIS RAGE CAUSE ZEPHYR CAN'T FLY BUT HILDRYN CAN LET IT GO MON 

How else to get 15 minutes of fame? 

Post a 'supposedly' feedback thread in General Discussion. 

Make it something that's relatively insignificant. Claim it as an issue of UTMOST IMPORTANCE

Add a clickbaity title.

Respond aggressively. 

Grofit all the attention.  

22 hours ago, ObviousLee said:

I understand why Titania can fly, she's a fairy. Makes sense. So please help me understand why a frame that has zero avionic thematics can ALSO fly, but zephyr still cannot fly.

Dictionary definition of zephyr is a light breeze (or a west wind).. ie to do with wind, which she is. 

Zephyr as a shorted version of Zeppelin, well they float unless they have propulsion... zephyr already does this.

I don't see where you're getting an avionic theme from her other than the fact she looks 'bird like' which is stretching the term at best and that's ignoring the fact not all birds fly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Oh so I'm supposed to know that by just watching a profile vid of the Lotus saying Zephyr's abilities can send her into flight, Not flight but flying squirrel flight?! Come on lol even that's a reach. Lol in the end I guess we'll have to agree to disagree cuz I think she should freaking fly like a bird and you think she should fall gracefully. Lol  whatever. 

Srry OP, I tried. Some people u just can't reach. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Oh so I'm supposed to know that by just watching a profile vid of the Lotus saying Zephyr's abilities can send her into flight, Not flight but flying squirrel flight?! Come on lol even that's a reach. Lol 

No. It's rudimentary knowledge that there are different types of flight.