Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did the hour kuva with a friend

Kalarual

So Me and my friend sat and 2-manned the survival for an hour in kuva fortress. We got about 61 minutes, and could not find the exits because the waypoint system is god awful. We wiped. had to abort. one hour of our life wasted for some elite weekly forced on us to do. One hour against level 130 enemies on nekros, with cats that can't last five seconds and frames that got mowed down even faster.

This new alert system is trash, plain and simple. It makes me not even want to play, I did everything else, this is pretty much the only thing left. Why would you make ONE HOUR a task? ONE HOUR? IN KUVA? No thanks. The elite tasks are stupid. why would anyone want to sit in a boring survival for an hour with no reward for the difficulty except a measly 5k points? This honestly made me so infuriated as a player I'm just going to skip out the next update and probably the next one after that and play something else because it's been like this for a while. FIghts that aren't fun, a heavily flawed alert system I honestly tried to like. then this was the icing on the cake. Get rid of this nightwing garbo and try again.

Edited by Kalarual

It really should work similar to the way that the ESO one works and only require that you complete an hour total worth of survival missions. That way, you can either do it all at once, or you can do it in short bursts. 

Everyone wins. 

7 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

It really should work similar to the way that the ESO one works and only require that you complete an hour total worth of survival missions. That way, you can either do it all at once, or you can do it in short bursts. 

Everyone wins. 

that's what my thoughts were when  the task for it popped up. I was like... an hour in one mission? really? hell, if it was just thirty in one I'd be fine with that. most people don't even stay thirty in survival. You're basically forced to do it solo/two people cause GL getting randoms to not use LS the moment it drops below 70%.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

? Nekros should be able to eat quite a few hits from level 130s.

That and creeping terrify being another busted ability that turns off ai hostility.

I was using braton prime and akjagara prime(both chop nicely)At that point I wasn't even able to kill them fast enough to get the shadows I needed for the defense. I was forced to use akjagara, which WAS killing them, but not fast enough. Dying then forced to rez left me with not enough energy to do much. If I sat with an energy pad I woulda been destroyed so that option was out. I survived the 60 minutes fine, rough at the end. The act of TRYING TO LEAVE is what wiped us.

Braton prime is NOT good at those levels, which I never use nekros at those levels anyway. I wasn't expecting such a jump in levels after an hour. call me unprepared, sure, you're right, but the fact that an hour is way too long still stands.

Edited by Kalarual

So let me see if I get it straight:

1. You went in over-estimating yourselves

2. You couldn't find your way around the map to leave (I kind of want to give you this one since Kuva Fortress is a maze)

3. You didn't think of just changing to operator mode so you can safely look for the exit

4. It's the game's fault somehow 

As a side note, I also 2-manned the challenge with a friend, it was a snoozefest for the first 50 or so minutes, barely got challenging by the end. We were 1 nekros and 1 frost, easy challenge, easy 20k kuva farm as well. We had no issue finding the exit and our cats didn't start dying until the last 5 minutes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

akjagara prime

What mods do you have on it? 

20 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

I was using braton prime and akjagara prime. At that point I wasn't even able to kill them fast enough to get the shadows I needed for the defense. I was forced to use akjagara, which WAS killing them, but not fast enough.

You dont really need the shadows tbh, it definitely helps though.

Have you tried health conversion on nekros? The extra 1350 armor can assist in survivability with intensify and creeping terrify to strip armor and turn off mobs killing should be easy as pie. 

Quick thinking with health conversion is nutso as well. 

Oh my post isnt about your personal opinion on preparation its more for if you ever decide to do this again heres my suggestion.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

3 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

I was using braton prime and akjagara prime(both chop nicely)At that point I wasn't even able to kill them fast enough to get the shadows I needed for the defense. I was forced to use akjagara, which WAS killing them, but not fast enough. Dying then forced to rez left me with not enough energy to do much. If I sat with an energy pad I woulda been destroyed so that option was out. I survived the 60 minutes fine, rough at the end. The act of TRYING TO LEAVE is what wiped us.

Just a tip for next time: If you need a lot of energy ASAP, you can drop multiple energy pads in succession (you get the first tick of energy when the pad comes down). Works best if you assign an actual key to drop the pad so you can spam them quickly. It's not efficient at all, but it can help out in emergencies. 

Sorry to hear you failed because the waypoints weren't there for you. Sometimes you can figure it out from the (large) map, but sometimes it's just a lost cause (especially if you aren't familiar with the Kuva Fortress tiles, which can be confusing to navigate). 

26 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

So let me see if I get it straight:

1. You went in over-estimating yourselves

2. You couldn't find your way around the map to leave (I kind of want to give you this one since Kuva Fortress is a maze)

3. You didn't think of just changing to operator mode so you can safely look for the exit

4. It's the game's fault somehow 

As a side note, I also 2-manned the challenge with a friend, it was a snoozefest for the first 50 or so minutes, barely got challenging by the end. We were 1 nekros and 1 frost, easy challenge, easy 20k kuva farm as well. We had no issue finding the exit and our cats didn't start dying until the last 5 minutes.

If you read above, we didn't over-estimate, we cleared it with no issues til the last five minutes. we made it to the end and was trying to exit. we did do operator. Regardless, you can't stay invisible forever. Maybe YOU can, but mine can't.

Not everyone is you, so flexing is pointless here. we were two nekros, so we didn't have a shield buddy protecting us or the capsules for the whole mission like you did. 

Edited by Kalarual
  • Like 1

in contrast, personally i don't consider the Survival tasks to be much of a difficulty at all, just asking me to play a Mission for Riven Fuel more than i already do.
similarly, after an hour, some friends were preferable to leave at that point, but i had no preference because Killing the Enemies was almost indistinguishable from the start of the Mission. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
and technically you don't need to do this task if you really don't like it. just like you can skip some of the tasks in a Season.

but, this is why i'd like a third Tier of Weekly tasks - so that there can be easy, medium, and actually hard tasks. so people can get their points, and other people can have some tasks that actually challenge them a bit. bonus points if there's some extra Rewards of some sort for going above and beyond like say completing 90%+ of the tasks in a Season.

i can provide some suggestions of my own - Companions should be quite durable between the Link Mods and Pack Leader. high EHP to begin with, and if they're hurting then just hit some stuff a bit. bonus points if the Melee Weapon can apply DoT's, those do a great job at Healing Companions to an even more extreme level.

Health Conversion as noted, can make Nekros massively more durable. especially with the free upgrade buff recently of having to take Health Damage for a charge to expire.
Terrify is a sweet, underrated Ability. (with or without the Augment)

Grineer Fortress is a complex Tileset, and like every Tileset, knowing where A->B is can be complicated before one has experience of the Tilesets. which i do recommend soaking that information in! retaining that kind of deep information is not only super useful, but helps give a lot of mental progression to feel more confident in yourself as a Player. it's like upgrading Mods, but in your head, and something that's all you, instead of just numbers! \o/

1 minute ago, Kalarual said:

you can't stay invisible forever. Maybe YOU can, but mine can't.

depending on the Enemies around, you sorta can (just FYI) - if you hit Enemies with Void Dash, you get a partial refund of the Dash cost back. if there's a bunch of Enemies, you can gain Energy too.

Edited by taiiat

59 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

sit in a boring mission you don't want to do for over an hour

So why did you do it if you didn't want to?  You could have easily just ignored that challenge.   Just as I ignored the previous one for Hydrolysts.  You DO NOT have to do all of them to get all the rewards.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

What mods do you have on it? 

You dont really need the shadows tbh, it definitely helps though.

Have you tried health conversion on nekros? The extra 1350 armor can assist in survivability with intensify and creeping terrify to strip armor and turn off mobs killing should be easy as pie. 

Quick thinking with health conversion is nutso as well. 

Oh my post isnt about your personal opinion on preparation its more for if you ever decide to do this again heres my suggestion.

https://imgur.com/WOGZBxA

https://imgur.com/0WBOkjK

unfortunately WP's in the newer areas are very poorly done, assuming you can get past the bug where they don't bother showing up at all....this is not a priority with DE obviously.

Edited by Kyronz

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

So why did you do it if you didn't want to?  You could have easily just ignored that challenge.   Just as I ignored the previous one for Hydrolysts.  You DO NOT have to do all of them to get all the rewards.  

Cause god knows how awful the upcoming ones are gonna be. If I skip this, who knows what I have to skip later.

• Like 1

Just now, Kyronz said:

unfortunately WP's in the newer areas are very poorly done, assuming you can get past the bug where they bother showing up at all....this is not a priority with DE obviously.

The exit WP wasn't showing up on the HUD at all. it was on the map, in weird locations not leading anywhere.

Just now, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

So your issue isn't with the challenge itself but with the bugs this game has. 

Yeah, it sucks when waypoints are always broken.

I have 2k hours playtime, my friend has over 3k. we still don't know the way around that stupid place.

1 minute ago, Kalarual said:

I have 2k hours playtime, my friend has over 3k. we still don't know the way around that stupid place.

I understand your frustration. I'd be really angry too if this happened to me.

Warframe bugs can be so crushing. Like the one where you can use any powers and have to jump off the cliff to reset everything.

4 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

i'm gonna talk about math since math is presented here (it's just what i do, i talk about the game)

at extreme Levels, where Killing an Enemy can be a difficult task, on-Kill Effects can be very difficult to actually apply. once Killing an Enemy is so difficult, you need Damage on every Enemy, hehe.
and all Weapons having high proficiency of weakening Armor is excessive, eh? one Weapon could weaken Armor, and the other then take advantage of the alternative Damage Multipliers you're presented after the Armor is thusly removed.
(and ofcourse Punch-Through is as cool as it always is)

36 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

Looks fine to me,  though i spec my akjagara almoat exactly the same sans crosshairs and hard element mods

I put corrosive + heat dual 3 x dual stats on my akjagara and it has a higher status chance. 

At level 120+ viral + bleed on akjagara p becomes statistically iffy because of how many procs you need. 

Thats my opinion though nothing serious

My nekros set up for the kuva 60m ,since my phone cant export a build was

Energy siphon

quick thinking

vitality

Health conversion (feeds off despoil)

Despoil

creeping terrify - 32% armor strip / 80% slow (achievable with just intensify + power drift) 

transient fortitude or blindrage if youre feeling ballsy

prime continuity

prime flow

Power drift or cunning drift depending.

Also supported by zenurik spamming. 

Its really hard to die.

You can replace energy siphon with corrosive projection and really tone dowm their armor big time mixed with creeping terrify by maintaining the bonus damage modifiers applied.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

42 minutes ago, Kalarual said:

If you read above, we didn't over-estimate, we cleared it with no issues til the last five minutes. we made it to the end and was trying to exit. we did do operator. Regardless, you can't stay invisible forever. Maybe YOU can, but mine can't.

Actually any Operator can, you just drop energy pads.

1 hour ago, Kalarual said:

So Me and my friend sat and 2-manned the survival for an hour in kuva fortress. We got about 61 minutes, and could not find the exits because the waypoint system is god awful. We wiped. had to abort. one hour of our life wasted for some elite weekly forced on us to do. One hour against level 130 enemies on nekros, with cats that can't last five seconds and frames that got mowed down even faster.

This new alert system is trash, plain and simple. It makes me not even want to play, I did everything else, this is pretty much the only thing left. Why would you make ONE HOUR a task? ONE HOUR? IN KUVA? No thanks. The elite tasks are stupid. why would anyone want to sit in a boring survival for an hour with no reward for the difficulty except a measly 5k points? This honestly made me so infuriated as a player I'm just going to skip out the next update and probably the next one after that and play something else because it's been like this for a while. FIghts that aren't fun, a heavily flawed alert system I honestly tried to like. then this was the icing on the cake. Get rid of this nightwing garbo and try again.

Breath. I understand your frustration. Seriously.
Extended missions are by far not popular across the community. This Challenge reeks of DE "Testing the Waters". I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a Challenge like this again. (Hell its been confirmed we won't see the "Capture or Kill a Hydrolyst" Challenge & "Socket 5 Ayatan" Challenge again.)

I'm sorry that you guys got screwed by the Waypoints. Kuva Fortress while my favorite tileset can be a nightmare (Especially that one area where you have jump through the ceiling!).

Typically a good rule of thumb for high level survival missions is that once you start to hit your limit you should find/locate Extraction then camp near it as enemies very quickly start scaling into 1 shot territory after 1 hr.
I've somehow stomached helping my friends do this challenge and at 50 Minutes I tell them to head for extraction but stop 1 or 2 rooms away from it.
Once the timer hits 61 (to be safe) minutes we extract.

However I agree with your OP.
Take a break. When a game stops being fun it is time to go. Come back in a few weeks to a month.
I've done this with FFXIV, Destiny, Diablo, & etc.

Had the same problem with my bro, but got out in time as we had full lifesupport when we went for extract. The minimap is usually a lot easier to use to follow markers, but there are often several levels and weirdly placed doorways on Kuva Fortress that made even that incredibly confusing, and I kept hitting dead ends. I'm no stranger to long survival runs (Arbitations), but I rarely farm Kuva so I'm not used to that tileset at all. It was still fun though so I'll likely be doing a lot more Kuva Fortress from now on 😄