The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

okay. DE may have inflated the rate of scanning Data-Hash. and...?

mikakor

i mean, what's even the problem. i see someone, i quote " Nice DE, it will really help us trusting you more for future events" . what's even the problem? Yeah, they may have #*!%ed up a little because they thought more persons would scan them, and they increased the results to finish it. what's the bloody big deal?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

The purpose of a game is to please the player. Being told things that aren't true is unpleasant.

boohoo. is it really that bothering? they just pumped out the results. so what?

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

The big deal is why do events that have no item rewards if DE's just going to do this when the community is clearly failing.

39CBB8CE-17CF-477F-992E-0956133744C9_w12

fair enough point.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

And an event failing so it never progresses to the next stage or stalling for weeks is arguably more unpleasant.

If DE gives us an event that can fail and we choose to fail it, they should just grow a pair and let it fail. Inflating the numbers is like having a railroading GM in a tabletop RPG. If it doesn't matter what you do and the story is going to progress along a predetermined path anyway, the illusion of choice just feels like an added kick in the teeth. DE should either give genuine choice or dispense with the deception.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, (PS4)psycofang said:

And an event failing so it never progresses to the next stage or stalling for weeks is arguably more unpleasant.

thats 100% fair IMHO. Though what's not fair is just randomly placing nook tablets in Orb Vallis with no indication of to look for said tablets or even their locations. If there's a ARG with clues I clearly missed it and nor would I care. 

For the people who want to claim "But what about Hildryn! How do we get her if we don't unlock the new spider via the event!" simple, buy her with plat you can farm and trade for. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

If DE gives us an event that can fail and we choose to fail it, they should just grow a pair and let it fail. Inflating the numbers is like having a railroading GM in a tabletop RPG. If it doesn't matter what you do and the story is going to progress along a predetermined path anyway, the illusion of choice just feels like an added kick in the teeth. DE should either give genuine choice or dispense with the deception.

yeaaah, no, you can keep that for you. i want the new warframe Hildryn, and i don't want to wait for weeks, or worse, NEVER, because some people like you are here. you feel disapointed because they bossted up the numbers? really? hahaha, how cute. so if you want, we can do this for all the damn game. they will set a new event, that, if the community succeed, will give us the access to TAU system. ho, no, sorry, DE now follows your logic, and knowing the community, it will fail. well, thank you, you screwed up the most awaited update of the game, see you next year!! ^^

see how dumb it is? if it was for razorback / fomorian, yeah, maybe... but not for something that is directly related to story and / or new items or warframes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Or do what they have always done and give an illusion of contributing and tip the scales, change literally nothing. Nobody gains anything if the event stalls forever.

• Like 2

They made an insanely boring and entirely useless community goal so no one did it. 

Maybe DE will pay attention to that fact next time. 

DE should have just made the community goal and event one single thing:

Close 1,000,000 fractures for the emblem. If the roughly 50,000 people currently playing people each did 20, then that's the emblem. 

Close 3,000,000 fractures for the 4 amalgam mods. That's 60 fractures each. Easy peezy. 

Close 4,000,000 fractures for the sigil. That's 80 fractures each. 

Close 5,000,000 fractures for opticor. That's 100 fractures each. 

Tada, that's the operation. If they then just make each individual fracture a little more fun and engaging, you got yourself an interesting, relatively easy, relatively quick, community orientated operation where the community goal is built into the individual players goals. 

They could even then make it that the community as a whole needs to close 10,000,000 fractures so that way the super grindy players can still have fun, whilst the casual players can sit back once they've done their 100 fractures each. Or just 200 fractures per person and the event moves on to phase 2, you got your rewards and you got nice resources. 

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

yeaaah, no, you can keep that for you. i want the new warframe Hildryn, and i don't want to wait for weeks, or worse, NEVER, because some people like you are here. you feel disapointed because they bossted up the numbers? really? hahaha, how cute. so if you want, we can do this for all the damn game. they will set a new event, that, if the community succeed, will give us the access to TAU system. ho, no, sorry, DE now follows your logic, and knowing the community, it will fail. well, thank you, you screwed up the most awaited update of the game, see you next year!! ^^

see how dumb it is? if it was for razorback / fomorian, yeah, maybe... but not for something that is directly related to story and / or new items or warframes.

If community actions have no effect on community events, why have them anymore? Also it doesn't have to take a year for it to come back in event of failure, it could simply run until it completes. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikakor said:

you feel disapointed because they bossted up the numbers? really? hahaha, how cute.

No, I feel disappointed because after so many years they still haven't learned that community events shouldn't be done in the first place.

5 minutes ago, mikakor said:

they will set a new event, that, if the community succeed, will give us the access to TAU system. ho, no, sorry, DE now follows your logic, and knowing the community, it will fail. well, thank you, you screwed up the most awaited update of the game, see you next year!! ^^

see how dumb it is?

Yes, thinking that players would ignore an event to unlock Tau is indeed very dumb.

You wanna know something that will blow your mind? Players ignored the scanning event precisely because they knew DE would not let it fail.

Edited by SordidDreams

5 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Either way, there will always be complaints. 

We have complaints for, complaints against and complaints against complaints. 

Truly meta.

Hey, do you mind? We are trying to get a serious complaint over here so stop complaining.

• Like 2

Doesn't bother me at all. But that's because I know that these "community" events are usually fake and rigged to meet whatever planned agenda DE has.

But for people naive enough to believe that their participation actually means something.. it's certainly disappointing I imagine.

3 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

I'm going to complain about you complaining about my complaining about people complaining about complaints. 

That's it, you done it. Ima report you right now!

EDIT

I'm very critical of DE when they eff up but what were they supposed to do? The meter was not going to fill and the event has to continue since it seems to have some lore inside. They should have been more careful about handling the whole thing in the first place and now they are simply doing damage control, SOP. Nothing scandalous, nothing wrong with it

Edited by Olphalarepth

Just now, (PS4)xtharbadx said:

Doesn't bother me at all. But that's because I know that these "community" events are usually fake and rigged to meet whatever planned agenda DE has.

But for people naive enough to believe that their participation actually means something.. it's certainly disappointing I imagine.

To be fair for the first few days the progress bar did seem to be community based, then DE clearly put it on a timer when it wasn't going to meet their own expectations at the studio. 

Well, what do you expect? DE can't accept the fact that event was failing, since it was will of players to ignore boring activity. But instead of admitting that they messed up, they just secretly inflate scan rate (even through it's so visible). I wish DE was transparent, came to forum and said "Okay, we messed up, we apologize for this boring nonsense, we will boost it and make it meaningful". I would expect some reward for all that community effort, not just unlock of some doors in cave.

Edited by CoreXCZ