Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not that I'm a fan of games holding my hand.....

Asphyxiants

"I'm not a fan of crying and pleading to Google for the answer of just Starting quests and collections in a video game"

Pretty much my title for the whole thing. But hey, here I am, playing Warframe, and Elder Scrolls Online. (I mean, how was I suppose to know THAT random guy pleading for help in the corner was the super important start piece for the old DLC quest, seriously?!)

17 minutes ago, Asphyxiants said:

..but this whole update of not telling us what the hell to do or where to actually find stuff has been incredibly frustrating.

Where is this deck 12? Where do you start the exploiter orb fight?

I mean, the game told you where the entrance is if you scanned the data hashes.

Just now, bluepheonix13 said:

Those tiny little things in the open world 3 times larger than the PoE? The ones that were auto completed by DE part way through?

Ah ok.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

You are correct, the solution to finding the Exploiter Orb that DE give no directions to is to find the numerous tiny objects scattered across OV that DE also don't give you any directions to.

• Like 8

Just now, Asphyxiants said:

Those tiny little things in the open world 3 times larger than the PoE? The ones that were auto completed by DE part way through?

Ah ok.

DE gave us a map. Yeah they're really bad at making ARGs, but they did 

Oh, and when the fight shifts to phase 2 out in the snow, don't stop throwing thermia at her. This is very poorly conveyed, but you aren't supposed to shoot coolant raknoids to stop the cooling, because you'll be there forever. You're supposed to just keep throwing those cans

3 minutes ago, Asphyxiants said:

Ah ok.

Yes.

The things that DE told you to scan for the event.

Not doing something and then complaining that you didn't get something that results from that is foolish.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

You are correct, the solution to finding the Exploiter Orb that DE give no directions to is to find the numerous tiny objects scattered across OV that DE also don't give you any directions to.

They did. Gave clues (that were really just encoded directions) to partners who gave them to the community. As expected, the Community banded together to find them within a few days. Not as expected, a bunch of people didn't actually bother.

Edit: Just remembered - Darthmuffin and a few others complained with the Fortuna ARG that it was 'cringey' and 'would have been better in-game'. Well, evidently not.

Edited by Loza03
Addition.

2 minutes ago, Asphyxiants said:

Ah ok.

Those things for which the only in-game instructions were "Things exist somewhere in some form. Go scan them for some reason."

It's just a bonus that they're glass needles in a haystack of literal snow and ice.

• Like 1

Just now, Loza03 said:

They did. Gave clues (that were really just encoded directions) to partners who gave them to the community. As expected, the Community banded together to find them within a few days. Not as expected, a bunch of people didn't actually bother.

To clarify my statement, in game.

Didn't think I needed to clarify that, as until now the discussion had been about directions provided in game.

The post I responded to pointed out that directions are provided in game if you scan all the data hashes. So in order to get in game directions to the fight you have to scan a whole bunch of things that you have no in game directions to. It's not a solution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm not saying it was good execution, just wanted to point out, that the info is there. And yes, DE did not give us the info on the data hashes personally, but they informed us that there are things to scan for the event and they gave out some puzzles to content creators which the community solved in no time. The solution to these puzzles gave us a OV map with 16 points on it and shortly after, we were told to scan 16 things with some global community progress bar present.

Again, you may or may not like it, but it is not like they gave us no direction. Also, it takes like 3 seconds to google where any of the data hashes or the entrance to deck 12 are.

1 minute ago, moondog548 said:

Those things for which the only in-game instructions were "Things exist somewhere in some form. Go scan them for some reason."

It's just a bonus that they're glass needles in a haystack of literal snow and ice.

5 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

DE gave us a map, people. Did you honestly not know about the official map straight from DE?

Yeah, it's not a GOOD ARG, but it's a hell of a lot better than "no directions, just start combing that tundra until you hear a tiny little ping"

1 minute ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Again, you may or may not like it, but it is not like they gave us no direction.

In game.

What are people who are only starting this community event supposed to do? That's right, google it. Why argue against this? There's literally no reason to be against having DE actually provide some form of direction to the Exploiter fight in game. The data hashes do not count, as you are also not directed to them in game.

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

DE gave us a map, people. Did you honestly not know about the official map straight from DE?

Yeah, it's not a GOOD ARG, but it's a hell of a lot better than "no directions, just start combing that tundra until you hear a tiny little ping"

Would you like me to repeat in game again?

Damnit, too late.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Yeah, they did that and then had to speed up the event manually, because people didn't scan the data hashes. I wonder why...

In game.

What are people who are only starting this community event supposed to do? That's right, google it. Why argue against this? There's literally no reason to be against having DE actually provide some form of direction to the Exploiter fight in game. The data hashes do not count, as you are also not directed to them in game.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against them providing some sort of indicator in game. If they introduce it, great, everyone is happy.

But in my personal opinion (and this comes down to opinion), the bare minimum you can expect of people who are not sure what to do, is to read event/patch notes. And if you do that, you clearly stumble upon the following sentences:

• Over the next several weeks, work alongside the community and Solaris United to locate, uncover, and solve a multi-part Operation and the mystery lurking below the surface.
  • This Operation begins with a Community Goal - the hunt is on, Tenno.
  • If you've been paying attention to Devstreams, you may already know where to start looking... 
  • The first reward is more abstract - you can expand the Orb Vallis by solving a puzzle.... Together. 
  • Scan anything that looks mysterious! A map just might be floating around Orb Vallis..

And by that point it should become clear, that this is part of an ARG and not intended to be solved alone. The next logical step would be to check what info the community already has uncovered, which instantly leads to either the first step of the puzzle or if you are half an hour late, the solved map.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against them providing some sort of indicator in game. If they introduce it, great, everyone is happy.

But in my personal opinion (and this comes down to opinion), the bare minimum you can expect of people who are not sure what to do, is to read event/patch notes. And if you do that, you clearly stumble upon the following sentences:

• Over the next several weeks, work alongside the community and Solaris United to locate, uncover, and solve a multi-part Operation and the mystery lurking below the surface.
  • If you've been paying attention to Devstreams, you may already know where to start looking... 
  • The first reward is more abstract - you can expand the Orb Vallis by solving a puzzle.... Together. 
  • Scan anything that looks mysterious! A map just might be floating around Orb Vallis..

And by that point it should become clear, that this is part of an ARG and not intended to be solved alone. The next logical step would be to check what info the community already has uncovered, which instantly leads to either the first step of the puzzle or if you are half an hour late, the solved map.

I'm not saying that having a community goals and ARPG's is bad, but it's done. The community goal is finished. I assume it's currently impossible to scan them for the codes, as the code is already entered and the door open.

So how is someone, who perhaps can only start playing the event today, supposed to know what to do? They have to look at the patch notes, read about the data hashes, search the internet for what the data hashes all mean and arrive at the location... Why? They didn't take part in the community goal, as stated, it's finished, the location and code is known and already entered.

This also applies to those who do know what's going on, but didn't manage to find all the data hashes. It's still a waste of time to search the web.

It's an utterly pointless search for something that we really should be directed to in game. Something as minor as a short voice clip from Eudico or Zuud when in Fortuna and a waypoint that looks like an Orb Mother, that's all it would take.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Basically my thoughts said better than I would^

So how is someone, who perhaps can only start playing the event today, supposed to know what to do? They have to look at the patch notes, read about the data hashes, search the internet for what the data hashes all mean and arrive at the location... Why? They didn't take part in the community goal, as stated, it's finished, the location and code is known and already entered.

Again, in my personal opinion, that is the bare minimum you can expect. If I know that the event is a multi-stage operation and I join somewhere in the middle, I research what happened in the previous stages.

Also, we are arguing different things here. I completely agree with you, that this should have been so from the start and having some kind of indication in game as to where to go after the ARG part is done is a good solution. But I am arguing against OP's point here, who said that there is no pointer, which I wanted to dismiss.

hace 36 minutos, bluepheonix13 dijo:

It did? I scanned them all during the weekend but only recall being told there was a door somewhere, and then didn't bother looking for it because I was already aware that it couldn't be opened at that point anyway (and I was tired of looking for things at that point.)

I'm not sure what exactly Eudico said, so she might have mentioned a landmark or something, but I was under attack after the last scan and I can't read very well while dodging (should have brought a tank frame or left Helios so it wouldn't scan before I was ready, I missed some of Zudd's comments before that too for the same reason) but I'm fairly certain I didn't get a waypoint. A waypoint at the end would have been nice.

• Like 1

Are you seriously asking for documentation from a game with open ended and complicated activities? They at least gave us waypoints but I don't see any reasonable way to provide documentation and also surprise us... Look at how long the wiki is. I do not expect game developers to write pages and pages documenting every aspect of new events or systems they implemented.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

Are you seriously asking for documentation from a game with open ended and complicated activities? They at least gave us waypoints but I don't see any reasonable way to provide documentation and also surprise us... Look at how long the wiki is. I do not expect game developers to write pages and pages documenting every aspect of new events or systems they implemented.

A way point would have worked just fine.

49 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Sometimes I just upvote you hoping it'll give you some unofficial power and and say in the community because you make too much sense.