The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i don't UNDERSTANDE why people hate leechers

Space0ddity

leeching done RIGHTE:

a single dude kills a teralyst by himselfe during the course of a bounty

a guy sees a squade of 3 mesas and decides not to participate,since theres definitely not a single enemy left alive

a competent player handles a bounty himself while his friendes do what they please

leeching done WRONGE:

refusing to help a player who can't finish the bounty himself

beinge late to extraction because of mining/fishing

so then WHYE does the forum treat ALL formes of leeching as being the WORSTE when there are clearly types that either help the team or don't even affect them?

it's not like the one guy in the squad who mines ande fishes ande comes back to extraction first is actually setting you BACKE,right?

because 99% of the people that fit the model being described, are not participating in the Mission nor doing something else useful either.
like.... people that just go Fishing or Mining when queuing up for a Public Bounty. (disclaimer, i am not suggesting anything should change because i don't think there's a better possible situation, just queue into a different Squad) while Eidolon Hunting could be considered acceptable if a Squad doesn't need anything further to complete the Bounty efficiently, since the other Players can benefit from their off topic Gameplay.
but some people are doing stuff that only they personally can benefit from. or just doing nothing at all, and expecting to get Rewards while AFK.

if a Player is queuing for a Bounty and then never partaking in it, someone else could've been there instead that would have participated, to benefit the Squad in any way at all.
in such a described situation, whoever is basically AFK Fishing or Mining literally adds nothing to the Squad.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, taiiat said:

because 99% of the people that fit the model being described, are not participating in the Mission nor doing something else useful either.
like.... people that just go Fishing or Mining when queuing up for a Public Bounty. (disclaimer, i am not suggesting anything should change because i don't think there's a better possible situation, just queue into a different Squad) while Eidolon Hunting could be considered acceptable if a Squad doesn't need anything further to complete the Bounty efficiently, since the other Players can benefit from their off topic Gameplay.
but some people are doing stuff that only they personally can benefit from. or just doing nothing at all, and expecting to get Rewards while AFK.

if a Player is queuing for a Bounty and then never partaking in it, someone else could've been there instead that would have participated, to benefit the Squad in any way at all.
in such a described situation, whoever is basically AFK Fishing or Mining literally adds nothing to the Squad.

so does 'participating' in a squad

most mr12+ players can solo bounties

the difference between those two is that the guy being dead weight in a squad isnt doing anything with their time

the guy mining is

the truth is that you're salty that someone else gets to have some fancy gems and thinks that bounties are actual jobs and people should work hard on them

as long as you have common courtesy to help when asked to you're doing nothing wrong

Edited by Space0ddity

20 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

leeching done RIGHTE:

a single dude kills a teralyst by himselfe during the course of a bounty

a guy sees a squade of 3 mesas and decides not to participate,since theres definitely not a single enemy left alive

a competent player handles a bounty himself while his friendes do what they please

leeching done WRONGE:

refusing to help a player who can't finish the bounty himself

beinge late to extraction because of mining/fishing

so then WHYE does the forum treat ALL formes of leeching as being the WORSTE when there are clearly types that either help the team or don't even affect them?

it's not like the one guy in the squad who mines ande fishes ande comes back to extraction first is actually setting you BACKE,right?

What you describe is not an ordinary leecher in my experience.
A leecher as I know them is the guy in a survival or defense macro-spamming melee at the nearest corner...

Edited by Carnage2K4
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

as long as you have common courtesy to help when asked to you're doing nothing wrong

that happened when you clicked Matchmake on the __ piece of content. that's what the purpose of it being playable in a Multiplayer fashion outside of people on your Contacts List is for.

• Like 2

It is OK to mine and fish in the bounty area if you are the Mesa/Saryn and getting the top damage anyway. That way, people have no right to complain over one getting a few gems. I mean, I admit I have gotten late to a next stage once or twice before, but I still get the top damage and do most of the stuff. Then again that is probably not leeching.

If some "leech" kills a Teralyst during your bounty, I would actually say the bounty guys leeched off the Teralyst Guy's solo work. Teralysts are more annoying to fight than completing bounties.

The only kind of actually unacceptable leeching, so far as I know, is being deadweight in the squad, whether you are mining/fishing or just being Limbo in the bounty area standing in the rift.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

It is OK to mine and fish in the bounty area if you are the Mesa/Saryn and getting the top damage anyway. That way, people have no right to complain over one getting a few gems. I mean, I admit I have gotten late to a next stage once or twice before, but I still get the top damage and do most of the stuff. Then again that is probably not leeching.

If some "leech" kills a Teralyst during your bounty, I would actually say the bounty guys leeched off the Teralyst Guy's solo work. Teralysts are more annoying to fight than completing bounties.

The only kind of actually unacceptable leeching, so far as I know, is being deadweight in the squad, whether you are mining/fishing or just being Limbo in the bounty area standing in the rift.

Because the damage dealt stat it's just childish and ridicoulos... I can kill 1 enemy in 1 nanosecond with 1 bullet but you use the whole magazine to deploy their shields and you get more damage, very useful...

or maybe i have an assassination, yeah some smart guy brings saryn! He deal damage to useless enemies  outside the map while dealing zero damage to the boss!

But hey i have 90% damage! I am the boss...

Edited by bibmobello

14 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Because the damage dealt stat it's just childish and ridicoulos... I can kill 1 enemy in 1 nanosecond with 1 bullet but you use the whole magazine to deploy their shields and you get more damage, very useful...

or maybe i have an assassination, yeah some smart guy brings saryn! He deal damage to useless enemies  outside the map while dealing zero damage to the boss!

But hey i have 90% damage! I am the boss...

I think you ignored the part on "do most of the stuff". Which includes killing most of the bounty enemies and finishing the objectives. I can do a 4 man bounty solo (yes, literally, I glitched out before and I had to do a T5 OV bounty meant for 4 people alone). In that case, I don't think people should be complaining if I decided to "leech" one stage or anything - especially when they literally leech the other stages from me.

I tend to find being "nice" in game a bit overrated. It's hardly repaid.

21 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

I think you ignored the part on "do most of the stuff". Which includes killing most of the bounty enemies and finishing the objectives. I can do a 4 man bounty solo (yes, literally, I glitched out before and I had to do a T5 OV bounty meant for 4 people alone). In that case, I don't think people should be complaining if I decided to "leech" one stage or anything - especially when they literally leech the other stages from me.

I tend to find being "nice" in game a bit overrated. It's hardly repaid.

I wasn't speaking about you directly but that's another form of leaching. people running around the map killing everything with a melee without protecting the target.

For my own experience I found no absolute definition of "leeching". I'm lazy to google "game leeching meaning", I don't even wanna know, because people could just say you leeching for whatever the hell reason they could think of, and another reason is, as long as the objectives are cleared, little does it matter.

I once did a high-level PoE run and asked an OP guy to kill a Teralyst during the bounty. One teammate just kept yelling "f*** all of you" because he just thought we were leeching by not focusing on the bounty (everyone there can solo the bounty lol). The funny thing was, after that OP dude killed the Teralyst, the complaining dude came to take Teralyst's drops too.... 🙂

Well, if I'm on a run that I can just solo without anything or anyone hinders me, it's fine for them to leech (more like I just waste time caring about what they wanna do though). If it's a run that requires coopration from all teammates, leechers in any definition possible are d*ck ! But it just seems Warframe doesn't have any mode for that (maybe ESO but anyone with Zenurik main finds it easy). But I abominate the d*ckheads that bring Sexcalibur umbra with a damn Rubico into Index, just standing there making no move and earning other people's hard work (it's too f***ed up that they could even make an excuse of killing all the NPC for being efficient so I just couldn't complain).

Edited by Diangelius

I'm not really mad at leechers per se, since most of the time they can't gimp the mission (unless it's survival and the enemy count in higher levels kinda mstters), it's more of an annoyance tbh. You came in expecting to play with people and some of them just go off somewhere else doing something else.