Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave Week 4

torint_man

16 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

13000, standing. Know the significance of that number? It's what you can skip on average every week of nightwave and still make maximum standing. 

Options abound. Choose wisely. 

Needed to =unsnip= that part for you. 

8 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

i could skip alerts, in fact i skipped 99% of them

nightwave? don't think so

See above. 

• Like 1

Really disappointed in the "Kill Profit-Taker with Friends" challenge today for nightwave.  I'm a fairly new player and a casual one at that.  Trying to get the required rep in order to even start this in a week is just impossible.  I wish they would think about this types of things before creating some ridiculous challenge that not everyone can even attempt.  

• Like 1

On 2019-03-18 at 11:16 AM, MystMan said:

Ok, I gilded the Mote Amp.  It counts.  It is easily the quickest and cheapest method for those who already gilded everything else.

Costs 500 rep to buy the blueprint, 11 minutes to craft the whole amp (instead of separate parts which have longer crafting time and use more resources), 5000 rep to gild.   Trade it to Onkko to get 1612 rep back. Done.

Well I just made a fool of myself by thinking I could follow your example. First, for some stupid reason I thought I had to build a mote amp, and rank it up, when I could have just used the one that was gifted when first visiting the quills. At least I realized this before ranking up the new one, but I wasted standing and resources to get the BP and craft the thing. Then when I went to gild my already maxed mote amp, I realized that there is a minimum standing requirement for gilding... A requirement I can't possibly meet in the week...

So this week 3 of the challenges are gated behind standing walls. Profit taker, not a challenge for me and many others, simply not possible. Gild something, not possible. Rare fish in PoE also require bait gated behind the standing wall. At least I was able to get a friendly player to share their bait with me for fishing one, but many players I'm sure could not get someone to help them out with this one. There are plenty of friendly players willing to taxi people, or carry a squad, who can't be bothered with babysitting for fishing, nor should they have to be.

As an aside, I don't really ever want to fish in a video game, or mine stuff. I'm not playing fishing frame, or mineframe... I'm playing WARFRAME... It is fine to include this type of content, for people who enjoy it, but it should be completely optional with other in-game options for getting enough of the resources these activities provide.

There should be some cargo heists which give piles of gems and and cartloads of fish. Or protect the fishermen and protect the miners missions. Honestly I think it is absurd that I'm going to use transference to project my mind into a bleeding edge warframe, to go fishing... sigh...

Edited by Arc5in
Fixed stuff

14 hours ago, Quickkill55 said:

Really disappointed in the "Kill Profit-Taker with Friends" challenge today for nightwave.  I'm a fairly new player and a casual one at that.  Trying to get the required rep in order to even start this in a week is just impossible.  I wish they would think about this types of things before creating some ridiculous challenge that not everyone can even attempt.  

It's an Elite Weekly IIRC. Which part of Elite did you miss?

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb den2k:

It's an Elite Weekly IIRC. Which part of Elite did you miss?

The problem is thou you can be locked out of it by not having the standing yet.

Elite is a long drawn term anyway, consider the one two weeks ago like doing extermination over level 30 without getting spotted, Ivara says high, wohoo, that challange.

Those "challanges" ara joke and RNG same as Rivens, no effort put into it, i love this gaem but criticsism where it belongs at.

• Like 1

Honestly, I like this Nightwave, the only problem that I found is that there aren't enough challenges!

Pros:
 * It incentivates me to play different mission. I played the last Spy mission several months ago, the same holds true for Mobile Defenses (too slow for farming), idem for Exterminations.
 * It incentivates me to play different frames. I played Ember up to getting her to level 30 and then let her rust - the Kill X enemies with Fire damage got me to play her and she's fun! The same is true for Loki, the Eliminate X enemies with finishers got me to play Loki again and now I like it.
* It makes me use different weapons than the meta I'm used to.
* I can usually proceed in more than one challenge with a single mission.
* I'm even playing Syndicate missions! It's a long time I don't bother with them!

Cons:
* In 3/4 days of moderated gameplay (1-2 hours tops), except for the "complete 5 Sorties", the challenges are over and only an easy Daily challenge is available. It's fine because it prevents straining but still it's very quick to burn through them. And yes, the "Do stuff with clanmates or friends" is a bit strange - I usually play public as it's much more free than setting up a match with someone.

Fairly easy. Done relic hunt alongside the missions. Actually had an ungilded kitgun and I am on my forma spree due to archguns. (Win-win-win)^2

1 more week and wild frenzy is mine 

:Clem:   🙂

Edited by Olav152

6 hours ago, Pro3Display said:

i can skip what's left when i reach lvl 30 until then it's a requirement

A completely self imposed requirement. DE set the event up so that we're not forced to complete every assignment. 

You can't pin that one on DE, and if you consider it an unreasonable thing to demand players to do, maybe you should take it up with the person who put that in place. (That person is you, btw.)

On 2019-03-20 at 8:36 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

A completely self imposed requirement. DE set the event up so that we're not forced to complete every assignment. 

You can't pin that one on DE, and if you consider it an unreasonable thing to demand players to do, maybe you should take it up with the person who put that in place. (That person is you, btw.)

if i don't wheres guarantee i don't miss something

On 2019-03-19 at 10:28 AM, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

I don't think you're being rude at all, so don't worry about that.  I'm just suggesting that you can freely ignore a certain amount of these weekly challenges without risk of missing out on the Arcane Energize or Umbral Forma.  If you find everything distasteful, then yes, you're going to have problems.  For me, I've looked at one or two elite challenges every week, said "nope" and not looked back.  I've also invested some time and effort in stuff that I wouldn't ordinarily done (like conservations and fishing) knowing that it was the price I was paying for advancing in Nightwave.  

I can come across as being abrasive, even when I don't mean to. Believe me, it causes more fights then I care to remember.

However I am very prompt to meet respect with respect.

Another user decided the best course of action was to label me as "lazy" and to "cry more", and of course stupidly brought up the "difficulty" as he can apparently see into my mind and understand my thought process's on the matter. I wasn't particularly nice to him in return.

Not to brag, cause I was actually wrong about my play time. I'm at 973 hours of current play time, and steam tells me I've spent about 45 hours playing the game over the course of the last week. I'm not lazy, I'm against pointless endeavors.

Okay, I have 3 Chroma's, my OG one, I forma'd ALL of his slots, this was before the nerf. My second, and my Prime, I forma'd to make a powerful Umbra based build on both of them. Chroma, no matter how you slice it, is one of the worst frames to level even with affinity boosters. He has no real spammable abilities, and the builds I use turn him into a real gas guzzler and fast. It took the better part of a week with affinity boosters to finish Chroma #2 and Prime.

The results were worth the effort, I got a strong build that is fun to use against Eidolons, and very surprisingly strong in the Tridolon bounty. Which was an actual fun goal, partly cause I had an awesome team I pubbed with.

But that's where Nightwave is screwing up, I said in other threads I need about a dozen Umbra forma to make my various frames stronger then they are. Something I would enjoy immensely something I find very fun. But Nightwave is designed in such a way that it would take the better part of a year to get the amount I need, that's tons of cycles of these goals. Some with incredibly stupid constraints that can easily have the effort wiped with one host migration or "oopsie" from someone's lag.

If this was a basic syndicate with a STORY that cycled every 10 weeks, I don't think too many people would be upset. If they would get to keep their wolf creds, maybe unjunk the reward tiers, I mean come on, glyphs, sigils?, those are terrible rewards. Just have it be an optional thing that people don't feel pressed into doing.

And IMO, the Umbra forma should be on the market for plat. But if Nightwave acted as a normal syndicate, you could build up standing to get them and just buy them when you need them like any of Kitgun arcanes. I think it would work better that way

On 2019-03-26 at 10:19 AM, T.Hoagie said:

But that's where Nightwave is screwing up, I said in other threads I need about a dozen Umbra forma to make my various frames stronger then they are. Something I would enjoy immensely something I find very fun. But Nightwave is designed in such a way that it would take the better part of a year to get the amount I need, that's tons of cycles of these goals. Some with incredibly stupid constraints that can easily have the effort wiped with one host migration or "oopsie" from someone's lag.

If this was a basic syndicate with a STORY that cycled every 10 weeks, I don't think too many people would be upset. If they would get to keep their wolf creds, maybe unjunk the reward tiers, I mean come on, glyphs, sigils?, those are terrible rewards. Just have it be an optional thing that people don't feel pressed into doing.

And IMO, the Umbra forma should be on the market for plat. But if Nightwave acted as a normal syndicate, you could build up standing to get them and just buy them when you need them like any of Kitgun arcanes. I think it would work better that way

You and I are at very different points in the game.  I honestly can't imagine how I would use even one Umbral Forma at this point, so it is just going to be something that I put on the shelf for much later on the way to Prestige so I can farm more wolf creds.  If you are someone who can imagine how you could use 12 - right now - I get your frustration with having that one tantalizing reward buried behind so many time-gated tasks and no apparent way to get around it to get the volume of Umbrals that you want.  

Even for me, most of the tier rewards feel like junk.  All I want out of those are the Arcane, formas and NW Cred (to turn into Reactors and maybe a few nitain), but I came from a game where I was used to having a set of daily tasks, so the overall structure doesn't feel that offensive to me, and I actually appreciate how a handful of the challenges have pushed me to try something that I wasn't doing (like getting into Fortuna, trying the Index and ESO, finishing off some quests, etc.). 

I think the system feels:

1. Pretty good at mid-game (where I can feel like I'm making progress in various ways while routinely completing the majority of challenges and judiciously avoiding a handful that I either can't access or just don't want to do), but

2. Crappy for true end-gamers where you feel like this is a huge grind/waste of resources to get the 1 thing that you want, and

3. Limiting for newer players/casuals who can feel frozen out of significant chunks of content/rewards or forced into a bigger grind than they wanted in order to feel like they are keeping up or progressing.  

On 2019-03-27 at 3:19 AM, T.Hoagie said:

Okay, I have 3 Chroma's, my OG one, I forma'd ALL of his slots, this was before the nerf. My second, and my Prime, I forma'd to make a powerful Umbra based build on both of them. Chroma, no matter how you slice it, is one of the worst frames to level even with affinity boosters. He has no real spammable abilities, and the builds I use turn him into a real gas guzzler and fast. It took the better part of a week with affinity boosters to finish Chroma #2 and Prime.

That's only because you don't know how to level your frames fast.

On 2019-03-20 at 6:34 AM, Marine027 said:

The problem is thou you can be locked out of it by not having the standing yet.

Elite is a long drawn term anyway, consider the one two weeks ago like doing extermination over level 30 without getting spotted, Ivara says high, wohoo, that challange.

Those "challanges" ara joke and RNG same as Rivens, no effort put into it, i love this gaem but criticsism where it belongs at.

you mean the challenge everyone overthought and meanwhile i went in the void with saryn and did an extermination and screamed my rage at every mob via miasma and got it done? that one?

iirc it stated do an extermination lvl 30 or higher without being detected? as in alarms set off..  void has no alarms  

Edited by Purrfessor
mistype

6 hours ago, Zilchy said:

That's only because you don't know how to level your frames fast.

Don't assume, because you are wrong.

I didn't say that each forma took the better part of the week, I said getting it all done took the better part of a week. I can't no life this game all the time.

Nor does that change the fact that Chroma is simply a pain to level.

Unlike a frame like Valkyr, who once I get her to level 10, I can take into any high enough level mission like Heiricon and have her fully leveled by the end of it, Or shortly after if things don't go exactly the way I want.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

You and I are at very different points in the game.  I honestly can't imagine how I would use even one Umbral Forma at this point, so it is just going to be something that I put on the shelf for much later on the way to Prestige so I can farm more wolf creds.  If you are someone who can imagine how you could use 12 - right now - I get your frustration with having that one tantalizing reward buried behind so many time-gated tasks and no apparent way to get around it to get the volume of Umbrals that you want.  

Even for me, most of the tier rewards feel like junk.  All I want out of those are the Arcane, formas and NW Cred (to turn into Reactors and maybe a few nitain), but I came from a game where I was used to having a set of daily tasks, so the overall structure doesn't feel that offensive to me, and I actually appreciate how a handful of the challenges have pushed me to try something that I wasn't doing (like getting into Fortuna, trying the Index and ESO, finishing off some quests, etc.). 

I think the system feels:

1. Pretty good at mid-game (where I can feel like I'm making progress in various ways while routinely completing the majority of challenges and judiciously avoiding a handful that I either can't access or just don't want to do), but

2. Crappy for true end-gamers where you feel like this is a huge grind/waste of resources to get the 1 thing that you want, and

3. Limiting for newer players/casuals who can feel frozen out of significant chunks of content/rewards or forced into a bigger grind than they wanted in order to feel like they are keeping up or progressing.  

Well, you're not wrong. It is quite frustrating, and I totally would pay plat to get what I am after and not have to deal with the rest of the crap.

And yeah, Nightwave can get you to actually do stuff you would normally never do in game. For example the Tridolon bounty, until then, I had never bothered. I had a good time with that, cause it was crazy crazy crazy Micheal Bay explosions and roars everywhere. My Chroma was more then suited for this, and I had an awesome team. And this was a PUB. But, the only constraints on it were the normal ones. IE, do it right, do it fast, finish before the night is out.

The only way that could have actually failed is if we simply botched it per normal.

Unlike those survival goals, where literally one host migration could torpedo the whole effort. Or someone lagging thinks that the timer is done and hits a LS tower. Those are objectively terrible design flaws. And the "Do it with a friend" thing is just an added annoyance.

And of course this leads up to the other aspects of the game, where you will find things you hate doing. I hate spy and Rescue missions, I hate them with a passion for example. I cannot be sure that if I skip those goals that the next set will be any better nor can I count on a sufficient amount of prisoners to show up to make up the difference, so I have no real choice but to do mission types I hate to ensure I get the prize I'm after. That sucks the fun out of things and adds to the frustration factor. I've yet to actually bother with this weeks goals, aside from the dailies. I'm not sure I want to bother with this long laundry list after everything, or even continuing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

Don't assume, because you are wrong.

I didn't say that each forma took the better part of the week, I said getting it all done took the better part of a week. I can't no life this game all the time.

Nor does that change the fact that Chroma is simply a pain to level.

Unlike a frame like Valkyr, who once I get her to level 10, I can take into any high enough level mission like Heiricon and have her fully leveled by the end of it, Or shortly after if things don't go exactly the way I want.

It takes between 3.5 - 5 minutes to level ANY frame.

Edited by Zilchy

10 hours ago, Zilchy said:

It takes between 3.5 - 5 minutes to level ANY frame.

I've seen you make this kind of comment a number of times now, but I think you might be making some major end-game assumptions about how easy this is to do.  I assume you're MR24+, which makes starting a new anything or forma-ing anything a trivial obstacle.  Please remember that if you are below MR 10 or 15 and have limited potatoes to drop, that many of us are starting with a mod capacity of 10-15, rather than 50+.  That makes utility and survivability of unranked warframes an actual concern for missions with high potential for affinity gains.  I also don't like to sponge off other players and have to rely on pubs for matchmaking, so levelling up a new frame generally takes me at least a few runs of a mid- to high-level defense mission where most people leave after 10 rounds.  Newer players than me would have a steeper climb yet.  Still not that onerous, but not as trivial as you make it out to be.

That said, I'm relatively new to the game (MR 15 and about 400 hours in), so maybe there is some other formula to quickly levelling up frames that you could explain to me.

12 hours ago, T.Hoagie said:

Unlike those survival goals, where literally one host migration could torpedo the whole effort. Or someone lagging thinks that the timer is done and hits a LS tower. Those are objectively terrible design flaws. And the "Do it with a friend" thing is just an added annoyance.

My longest survival ever was 40 minutes in the derelict, so I didn't even think about the 1 hour Kuva one.  I DID try the 60 minutes with a friend with a random clannie (could only find one willing to try) and that was seriously frustrating.  I think we did almost everything right (chose good frames and gear, selected the lowest level infested mission we could find, found a defensible place to camp, etc.), but he bled out for the last time at about 45 minutes leaving me on my own.  I did my best to make it to 60 but got swarmed and died the last time at 59:50 as I was trying to get to extraction.  In retrospect, I realize there were some things I could have done that would have made the difference (pherliac pods, actually using operator mode, etc.), but still: Never again.

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

I've seen you make this kind of comment a number of times now, but I think you might be making some major end-game assumptions about how easy this is to do.  I assume you're MR24+, which makes starting a new anything or forma-ing anything a trivial obstacle.  Please remember that if you are below MR 10 or 15 and have limited potatoes to drop, that many of us are starting with a mod capacity of 10-15, rather than 50+.  That makes utility and survivability of unranked warframes an actual concern for missions with high potential for affinity gains.  I also don't like to sponge off other players and have to rely on pubs for matchmaking, so levelling up a new frame generally takes me at least a few runs of a mid- to high-level defense mission where most people leave after 10 rounds.  Newer players than me would have a steeper climb yet.  Still not that onerous, but not as trivial as you make it out to be.

That said, I'm relatively new to the game (MR 15 and about 400 hours in), so maybe there is some other formula to quickly levelling up frames that you could explain to me.

There's no survivability required, typically you run speed mods and the only thing that might kill you is an explosive barrel. If you have a strong melee weapon it can be done. You are correct though, I am MR 27.

Google Adaro levelling, you're welcome.

Proof, that was a slow run by the way.

jJIcPaK.jpg

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

Adaro levelling, you're welcome.

Cool - I'll give that a try.  I've got a few frames sitting in the foundry and a pretty good Orthos Prime.  I really thought you'd need to be leaching (I mean, affinity sharing) to get those kinds of results... 

That's a decent amount of focus for 5 minutes also!

Edit: Wait - was your little friend Oddjob a sleep equinox?  If so, that gets me back to the "relying on public matchmaking" problem which you didn't address.  How long would this take on Adaro without a support frame to boost my stealth multiplier?

Oh, and maiming strike build to achieve the one-shots? (A mod I don't have and don't want to drop 200 plat on).

Anything else you may have left out?

Edited by (PS4)Dr_Bruiser
Followup question

10 hours ago, (PS4)Dr_Bruiser said:

My longest survival ever was 40 minutes in the derelict, so I didn't even think about the 1 hour Kuva one.  I DID try the 60 minutes with a friend with a random clannie (could only find one willing to try) and that was seriously frustrating.  I think we did almost everything right (chose good frames and gear, selected the lowest level infested mission we could find, found a defensible place to camp, etc.), but he bled out for the last time at about 45 minutes leaving me on my own.  I did my best to make it to 60 but got swarmed and died the last time at 59:50 as I was trying to get to extraction.  In retrospect, I realize there were some things I could have done that would have made the difference (pherliac pods, actually using operator mode, etc.), but still: Never again.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Shoot, yesterday I went to do the mission for the Dex skin, dunno why, I already have it. But I was having fun slaughtering enemies on my Umbra. That is until my team and I learned how fragile the defense target was. Tried twice, they failed to protect him again despite one of them being an Oberon.

So I got annoyed, got on my Oberon Prime which is a max range build. Got the defense target in a good spot that the enemy would have to go through me first while our Atlas blocked the one entrance. And then I proceeded to turn half of the map into a death field. It got kinda boring just standing there recasting my 2, but, in the end we succeeded.

I guess what I'm saying is, I saw what was being done wrong, and changed things up to fix that. I dunno, I just woke up, I could be speaking Swahili.