Gild a modular weapon

Complete 3 mobile defense missions

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

Kill 1,500 enemies

Open 10 relics

What do you all think?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, iGnome21 said:

Forced to gild something when you have done everything just for the sake of it is plain stoopid.

Yup, absolutely insane... I've done every Zaw, Amp and Kitgun - it's like they just pull random garbage out of a hat, but some of it is outright unacceptable and this is up there.   What makes me even more mad is I just levelled and gilded my Fortuna Amps this morning.... no free weapon slots either so I actually have to delete something I own now to make a free slot. 

Edited by (PS4)lagrue
  • Like 3

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

Forma and Gilding are pure trash since many of us have finished our arsenal a while ago, especially since the affinity weekend was last week. Also, since you cannot build multiple forma it will take 3 days of build time for new players so it is not setup well.

Forma is atleast tolerable because we can start a pet project on a lesser used weapon.  Gilding is a joke and shouldn't have ever been added as a challenge.  

• Like 3

I'm surprised that being forced to use 3 forma is a thing. I mean I do have stuff I can just chuck forma onto right now, but I'd rather wait as there are other plans I have.

Gilding a modular weapon is annoying. I haven't decided on what I want, so I purposely avoided those because I didn't want to sink resources into something I would regret later. It's also annoying for people who have gilded everything and it's just another resource sink. 

Welp, time to drag clanmates to this again.

Gilding one is the one I'm not really happy for, yeah, yeah I get it, I can skip it and still get the final reward later. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, iGnome21 said:

Forced to gild something when you have done everything just for the sake of it is plain stoopid.

Can see the drama coming for the profit taker with friend.

Rest is fine.

I don't care, I've completed everything so far just going to skip this nonsense. Will also skip the 3 forma one unless we get something new to use it on this week. Hey DE, I'll put 3 forma on the Wolf's hammer, how about letting me farm that?

• Like 3

Well, since they are pulling this kind of stunts, and with the ayatan filling "challenge", we might as well keep in stock a few unveilled rivens, some genetic codes to breed kavats and kubrow, maybe a couple apothics too.

These might come as "challenges" soon enough.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 spy missions

Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon

Complete 3 rescue missions

Use 3 forma

Complete 3 exterminate missions

Gild a modular weapon

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

Kill 1,500 enemies

Open 10 relics

What do you all think?

5 years of stats say Ive already done all of that.. (looks at in game stats) Yup already done all the that.. what's my prize? 

Oh wait... Lol

Fun Fact: my stats (and the stats of every long term player) contradict the majority of NW "challenges"...

Nah I'm good. Not gonna do all that bullS#&$ again for no other reason than "Simon Says". tenor.gif

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 4

At least with the forma one, you can get three built forma from rank 7. Assuming you haven't used them already.

That's why I always hate challenges like this. I feel like they punish you for doing things too early. I just used a forma on my Opticor Vandal yesterday, so of course it didn't count for the challenge. Guess I should have predicted the future and waited until today to use it. At least I am lucky enough to still have 18 more ready and waiting.

• Like 1

Gild a modular weapon is somewhat questionable, but luckily i have an ungilded zaw I made for mastery sitting around. Overall this is a pretty nice week. Profit taker was inevitable, but the "friend or clanmate" was a curvebal; I'm the only one in my clan with Old Mate!

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

I've built every modular item and gilded them I don't see why they'd want guys like me to gild something again. 

It's why I keep saying some of these challenges need to be retroactive based on our stats. Vets have done it all. I can look and see that I've done it all.

But "Simon says" use 3 forma?  gild a wepon?  Kill 1500 enemies? I've used hundreds of Forma, gilded every weapon, and have killed millions of enemies...nah F that noise.  

I'll go play something else. 

• Like 3

I'm starting to get more and more annoyed at Nightwave as the weeks go by. Been relatively fun for a while, but I'm starting to see more dumb "challenges" work their way in.

Wouldn't be so bad if some of this crud was retroactive. But then there'd be no point to Nightwave at all as a system.
Guess I'll go build another kitgun to level and scrap after gilding, and another starter melee to rank 4 times, Polarize with Forma, and throw away.

What the hell.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, torint_man said:

1. Complete 3 spy missions

2. Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon

3. Complete 3 rescue missions

4. Use 3 forma

5. Complete 3 exterminate missions

6.Gild a modular weapon

7. Complete 3 mobile defense missions

8. Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis while playing with a friend or clanmate

9. Kill 1,500 enemies

10. Open 10 relics

1, 3, 5, 7, 9, and 10 are all easy 

2. is going to be a pain in the neck

4. really, don't really have anything I want to forma right now

6. Time to build a kitgun

8. what the hell were they thinking, the Gantulyst was not bad because people could get there without a standing wall.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

But then there'd be no point to Nightwave at all as a system.

Instead our stats are pointless.

I think it would give DE incentive to give us actual challenges if all of a sudden the vets suddenly got 10k standing weekly, instead DE thinks bullS#&$ busy work the majority of vets have done 100 times over is some how challenging. I mean so what if we got 10k standing retroactively. What would it break?! 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 spy missions

I like spy so easy beans

37 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Catch 6 rare fish in Plains of Eidolon

Makes sense we had a similar one last week.

38 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 rescue missions

Sensing a pattern.

38 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Use 3 forma

Annoying. There's not much that I particularly want or need to use forma on right now. Used a lot over the 2X affinity weekend. Poor timing for me.  Though I suppose it encourages newer players to get into that system... but still annoying.

39 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Complete 3 exterminate missions

Do I need to replay DMC5 mission 13, 'Three Warriors' three times as well DE?

Because I will, I love that mission.

39 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Gild a modular weapon

Also annoying, much more so since I'll probably need a weapon slot. I have the plat, but still. This one probably should be Retroactive.

43 minutes ago, torint_man said:

I'm honestly more disappointed this exists because it ruins the triad of triads.

43 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Kill the Profit-Taker in Orb Vallis

Oh, sweet! Great timing, I need some PT kills to-

44 minutes ago, torint_man said:

while playing with a friend or clanmate

DAMNIT.

44 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Kill 1,500 enemies

Didn't we have this? Whatever, works well enough. 

46 minutes ago, torint_man said:

Open 10 relics

Well, Baro's this week, so that's nice. If not stuff that goes into each other (like the whole SO, Eximus and enemy kills of week 1), then stuff that ties into the week's schedule is probably the way to go.

• Like 3