Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

>Warframe Cryopod >Actually not a Warframe inside but some random dude ...

Nitro747

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Spoiler

I guess you could say it's an old infested surrogate awaiting to be covered in the Warframe armor. Or something like that.

ALSO SPOILERS

Spoiler

If we were, then why would we be supposed to be surprised that's what happens in the Sacrifice? Unless they were trying to go for reverse dramatic irony.

26 минут назад, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 сказал:

SPOILERS FOR THE SACRIFICE

Показать контент

I guess you could say it's an old infested surrogate awaiting to be covered in the Warframe armor. Or something like that.

Wait, this is a can of worms.

I know Orokin were threating humans as resources and would not hesitate to mass produce a lot of... how to call it... blanks for the Old War. But it’s just...

And here I was thinking nothing can go darker on the fleshy side then things that swim in Tyl Regor test tubes.

Edited by rand0mname

58 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

SPOILERS FOR THE SACRIFICE

Hide contents

I thought of it when The Sacrifice came out, but that's too much head canon to justify tbh.

1 minute ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Yeah this has bugged me so much too. I also made a post about it but everyone just shrugged. I really wish what we were defending was more lore friendly.

they actually bothered to change some defense missions where we have to defend an "artifact" and they actually made a model for said artifact instead of just putting another """"warframe"""" cryopod in there. It's probably a prop with some glowy things but its better than nothing. 

• Like 1

Oh this is just the start of issues with some of the mission objectives.

"Defend our equipment" in an invasion defense, and it's one of those pods?  Why are we defending it rather than stealing it?
Mobile defense invasion where we are hacking the systems of the faction we're siding with?
Capture missions where we're going after some random dude who's just chilling with the infested?
"Defend our equipment" and it's some dude walking around?  That's just insulting.
"There is a large platoon of Grineer marines here (on Lua), leave no one standing" and the Corpus?  What about them?
We're warned about the Grustrag Three, and even given the option to flee the mission, but all they do it attach a humiliation bolt to you.  The Zanuka Hunter actually captures you and you have to escape, but no mention of that?  Where are your priorities, lady?

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's just a follower of the Lotus or some random that dove into an escape pod and was recovered by our enemies upon landing.  I mean, either these people are oriented the wrong way in the pod or those six spokes are the thrusters.  I'm not even sure how anyone would carry these things.  Either way, the only thing linking the whole ensemble to the Lotus is Bob's visor.  The pod itself, while slightly ornate, could pass for Corpus otherwise.

Mostly, it's a bloody plot contrivance for a defense mission.  "The extraction team is ready to pick up the package!  Or... do you want them to hang around while you senselessly butcher more guys?"

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

2 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Pretty sure it's just a follower of the Lotus or some random that dove into an escape pod and was recovered by our enemies upon landing.  I mean, either these people are oriented the wrong way in the pod or those six spokes are the thrusters.  I'm not even sure how anyone would carry these things.  Either way, the only thing linking the whole ensemble to the Lotus is Bob's visor.  The pod itself, while slightly ornate, could pass for Corpus otherwise.

Mostly, it's a bloody plot contrivance for a defense mission.  "The extraction team is ready to pick up the package!  Or... do you want them to hang around while you senselessly butcher more guys?"

But then why is it called "WARFRAME Cryopod" instead of just... Cryopod? õ_o

Regarding the extraction team, I like to think that when your team leaves another team comes in to keep defending... for whatever reason :V

1 hour ago, Nitro747 said:

But then why is it called "WARFRAME Cryopod" instead of just... Cryopod? õ_o

Regarding the extraction team, I like to think that when your team leaves another team comes in to keep defending... for whatever reason :V

Because it's an object from way early beta that hasn't been touched in years.  Pretty sure the operators weren't even a concept at that point in time.

Plus the dude inside is wearing the same skin suit as everyone else on the relays or whomever we break out of prison.  You're not really going to tell me they're all warframe candidates too?

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

3 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

they actually bothered to change some defense missions where we have to defend an "artifact" and they actually made a model for said artifact instead of just putting another """"warframe"""" cryopod in there. It's probably a prop with some glowy things but its better than nothing. 

I saw that earlier this week ( i took a break for a bit ) and was excited thinking they changed them all but I only saw the artifact once. 🙁

Hope they change more of them soon.

17 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

I saw that earlier this week ( i took a break for a bit ) and was excited thinking they changed them all but I only saw the artifact once. 🙁

Hope they change more of them soon.

they could make a hybrid mission where you defend the pod and then you have to get a truck or whatever to tow it away and make your landing craft grab it. It would be fun I guess?