Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Einstein came up with this

(PSN)chubbslawson

3 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

It used to be that if you were mining something and the enimies got too close to you you could swing your melee to kill them and get back to mining. Now you have to reload your tool every time. Really,  do you guys sit around and try to come up with things to irk us

Just hit your fire button (whichever one that is on console) and you'll switch back to the mining tool after melee.

• Like 7

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)chubbslawson:

It used to be that if you were mining something and the enimies got too close to you you could swing your melee to kill them and get back to mining. Now you have to reload your tool every time. Really,  do you guys sit around and try to come up with things to irk us

Just the usual lack of polishing in Warframe.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Just hit your fire button (whichever one that is on console) and you'll switch back to the mining tool after melee.

While that can work, it can also put you into a lock state where you can't attack or use the tool.   Hitting escape to go to a menu screen fixed that issue though, but in the middle of combat, that is really really stupid.

Welcome to combat version X.Y.

Tryed just aiming to bring back the gun without having to reload it ?

Nvm works with weapons but never tryed with tools come to think of it ^.^ 

It works for me but i'm not on console i'm on pc with a controller ^.^ 

Hope it may help ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

Stopped playing Elder Scrolls Online to double-check this on PS4 because I was just as annoyed as OP about the whole thing earlier.

This does not work on PS4!

Neither the aim button (L2) nor the fire button (R2) bring the mining tool back up. Please let me know if I’m missing something because I’d love for it to work how these PC players are describing it.

Edited by (PS4)nekokujo
grammar/clarity

1 hour ago, trunks013 said:

Tryed just aiming to bring back the gun without having to reload it ?

Nvm works with weapons but never tryed with tools come to think of it ^.^ 

It works for me but i'm not on console i'm on pc with a controller ^.^ 

Hope it may help ^.^ 

The Mning tool is a bit different from the Fishing Spear and the Tranq Rifle when you have the melee out:

Using the ADS button will take you to your gun.

Using the fire button will bring out the tool.

With the Spear and Rifle, either the Fire Button or the ADS Button will bring them out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

The Mning tool is a bit different from the Fishing Spear and the Tranq Rifle when you have the melee out:

With the Spear and Rifle, either the Fire Button or the ADS Button will bring them out.

It is not currently working this way on PS4. Both Fire (R2) and ADS (L2) bring out the gun.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)nekokujo said:

It is not currently working this way on PS4. Both Fire (R2) and ADS (L2) bring out the gun.

I can't test until tonight, but last night when doing my Cephalon Simaris scans I noticed that equipping my scanner, and then meleeing enemies unequipped my scanner. I tried to ADS, like it used to work, to scan for traces and noticed that my weapon was equipped instead. I didn't think to try firing so I will check that tonight. Still, this is a huge step backwards for consoles, especially considering that it may not even be fixed when we get the Exploiter update.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

I can't test until tonight, but last night when doing my Cephalon Simaris scans I noticed that equipping my scanner, and then meleeing enemies unequipped my scanner. I tried to ADS, like it used to work, to scan for traces and noticed that my weapon was equipped instead. I didn't think to try firing so I will check that tonight. Still, this is a huge step backwards for consoles, especially considering that it may not even be fixed when we get the Exploiter update.

Just little things like this that irks me to death. It’s like they don’t test their stuff 

14 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Well thats why ive never seen that ^.^ 

i fish a lot but i dont mine ^.^ 

Thanks for the intel 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

Just little things like this that irks me to death. It’s like they don’t test their stuff 

IIRC, we could quick melee with an arch gun equipped too and now that is gone.

EDIT: I was farming cryotic and also noticed that even if I have my secondary equipped before picking up a power cell, when I deliver it the game forces me to equip my primary. Very irritating to have to constantly switch back, so now I don't bother equipping a primary (which sucks because Frost wants Amalgam Serration).

Edited by (PS4)Hiero_Glyph
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

IIRC, we could melee with an arch gun equipped too and now that is gone.

Another funny thing I discovered is that if you High Noon with an arch gun, you get an infinite High Noon “glow” but can only use your normal pistol, lol. You can jump in coolant/out of bounds to reset it.