The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The future of Melee Channeling?

LarryYourWaiter

Hello fellow Tenno

im sure i remember reading that channeling might fall away as melee 3.0 gets fleshed out but then they released the amalgam organ shatter mod and I’m stuck wondering what the plan with channeling is now.

anyone know what the recent comments from DE regarding this are?

im in the midst of rerolling a Paracesis riven and one of my options was a channeling damage modifier and I’m like “what do I do?”

Edited by LarryYourWaiter
Confused amalgam name

14 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

I'm sorry but what does Amalgam Serration have to do with channeling? Amalgam Serration gives sprint speed and damage. None of the 4 Amalgam mods provide any channeling buffs.

Oops oops oops I’m thinking of the melee amalgam!  Amalgam organ shatter.

will edit op

wait chaneling is still in game O_o , i never use it 😄 so idc but if they add it some REAL effect ill try to bind some button for it 🙂

(real efect mean not just flat and boring damage or whatever it does buffs atack speed etc...→ some effect like 100% status on first hit etc. or rework that shixt and destroy crit builds and add 100% crit chance only for chaneling atacks 😮

In a relatively old devstream (last year) they have showcased WIP animations that represent the new channeling. It appears to be a form of limit-breaker. The Warframe takes a heroic pose and unleashes their energy for what could be a power boost. Not much detail has been disclosed. I personally like the idea.

Edited by Tellakey

41 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

In a relatively old devstream (last year) they have showcased WIP animations that represent the new channeling. It appears to be a form of limit-breaker. The Warframe takes a heroic pose and unleashes their energy for what could be a power boost. Not much detail has been disclosed. I personally like the idea.

I’m missing the SH!T out of old-school channeling with my Volt right now.

It was/is underutilized and supremely effective and gave us free “Energy Flow Ephemera”.  

The quick-swap and 30 degree ground slams don’t really make up for it’s absence, and now momentum-and-movement-breaking poses when they were espousing simplicity and streamlined Melee?  Is it like Valkyr’s 4th??

Please address, DE.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I’m missing the SH!T out of old-school channeling with my Volt right now.

It was/is underutilized and supremely effective and gave us free “Energy Flow Ephemera”.  

The quick-swap and 30 degree ground slams don’t really make up for it’s absence, and now momentum-and-movement-breaking poses when they were espousing simplicity and streamlined Melee?  Is it like Valkyr’s 4th??

Please address, DE.

Channeling is still in the game, it's set to secondary fire by default.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YazMatazO said:

You can make a surprisingly good Zaw, stacked with a few channelling effects.  

I made three Zaws...

All of them were Rubbish... Sold them all... including the one I Potatoed and Formad.... it was just so Awful. 😞

Honestly, I never get the concept of channeling system. Why it have to be existed? It is only better than combo system, which is even worse for it forces to use that single type of weapon for a while in order to get the benefit and ignores the fact that warframes are carry THREE types of weapons.

Just now, DroopingPuppy said:

Honestly, I never get the concept of channeling system. Why it have to be existed? It is only better than combo system, which is even worse for it forces to use that single type of weapon for a while in order to get the benefit and ignores the fact that warframes are carry THREE types of weapons.

Channelling and Combo combine for even greater effect. There are not only mods, but a school node that allows you to use other weapons in between melee strikes. 

45 minutes ago, YazMatazO said:

Probably didn't build right. 

Probably.

45 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Exactly how I feel.... !!!

11 hours ago, Renginus said:

wait chaneling is still in game O_o , i never use it 😄 so idc but if they add it some REAL effect ill try to bind some button for it 🙂

(real efect mean not just flat and boring damage or whatever it does buffs atack speed etc...→ some effect like 100% status on first hit etc. or rework that shixt and destroy crit builds and add 100% crit chance only for chaneling atacks 😮

Mod for channeling.. use Exodia arcanes for channeling... Its incredibly powerful. Plus the damage bonus stacks with combo counter and crits.