Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is my Primed Regen not working?

(PSN)spdwyblu05xrun

Question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)spdwyblu05xrun said:

on my Carrier Prime? Just did a vampire mode mission where it died but did not regen. Supposed to 3X.

Sequence for precept mods (companion mods with -| polarity) is very important. If your carrier was doing something else when it died, it would not use regen. latest?cb=20150715233856

Edited by AthosTheGiant

Does primed regen count as a Precept though? I would think it would be a passive since the sentinel is effectively dead to use it. Can't compete with that even if it is a precept as that's the only one on the list of usable precepts.

"Companions will check to see if the conditions to use the highest priority precept are fulfilled, and will continue to use that precept until the conditions are no longer met. Then they will check each other precept in priority order. Companions will also interrupt the usage of lower priority precepts to use higher priority precepts." - Courtesy of the Warframe Wiki  regarding companions" the Warframe Wiki  regarding companions

3 hours ago, AthosTheGiant said:

Sequence for precept mods (companion mods with -| polarity) is very important. If your carrier was doing something else when it died, it would not use regen. latest?cb=20150715233856

Wait wait wait....

How does this affect Smeeta Kavats ? Does that mean Charm won't Proc if another Precept is Active ? 😞

2 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

Dump carrier, use Djinn

It revives it self after 90 sec of its death, so u don't need prime regen

What good is that if it dies in 3 Seconds ? 

Stays for 3 Seconds then leaves for 90 Seconds then comes back gets killed in 3 Seconds then vanishes for another 90 Seconds. 

3 hours ago, AthosTheGiant said:

Yeah... never heard of this being the case for Regen.
My Regen Mod isn't in one of the Top Priority Slots and it works just fine...

9 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

How does this affect Smeeta Kavats ? Does that mean Charm won't Proc if another Precept is Active ? 😞

It will proc Charm but others take priority first. That means if multiple precept cast time overlaps only the one with higher priority will start. Happens rarely with kavats.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

My Regen Mod isn't in one of the Top Priority Slots and it works just fine...

3 hours ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

yeah i always put my regen in the last slot and it never has a problem

Some precepts have short or no duration. If you use Medi-ray or Shield Charger mod, then they will interfere with regen if they are active.

Edited by AthosTheGiant

2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

what it means is when it's AI tries to decide which action to perform, it will prioritize whatever is positioned "higher".

Certain moves dont get affected by this, however. (mods like vacuum, for instance, are pretty much always active) though i dont know if charm is considered one of these.

For example, my deathcube:

1. If i place my vaporize first and the standard attack precept second, my dethcube will interrupt it's firing in order to vaporize someone. If i put it the other way around, however, it will only vaporize when it cant fire (such as when it is reloading)
  2. I always place Guardian FIRST because when my shields go down, i want it to drop whatever it is doing and regen my shields. Basically the AI is always checking what it can do, and when my shields are up it is constantly thinking "i cant perform that action so i will do the next one instead" when my shields DO drop it goes "I will perform this action right now"
  3. Regen can be placed anywhere. Because when it isn't necessary, it is skipped. And when it IS necessary, it is the only action able to be performed.
2 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Also Shade doesn't work... how long has this robot been Broken now ? Surrounded by 14 Corrupted enemies and shade be like: "I don't feel like it" !!!

I believe shade's cloak relies on priorities. So if it's attack precept is in a higher priority slot, it will not interrupt firing in order to cloak. If you place it in a top priority slot, however, it will drop whatever it is doing in order to cloak (when cloak's conditions are met)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Wait wait wait....

What good is that if it dies in 3 Seconds ? 

Stays for 3 Seconds then leaves for 90 Seconds then comes back gets killed in 3 Seconds then vanishes for another 90 Seconds. 

it does mot die in seconds, i use to take it to farm toroid (not doing that anymore) and still equipped since then

From my own experience it seems that Primed regen gives 3 respawns for entire mission. What I mean is if you die and respawn it doesn't reset your sentinel's available respawns. So if the sentinel dies for the 4th time and you decide to die on purpose to get sentinel back with 3 free respawns then you'll be very disappointed because your sentinel will respawn with just 1 life and Primed regen will not work anymore for the rest of the mission.

On 2019-04-10 at 4:50 AM, AthosTheGiant said:

latest?cb=20150715233856

How is that I didn't know this?? I've been playing for years, I'm using companions all the time! And I always installed all my mods in an accidental order, because I didn't know it matters, because I didn't bother to check the wiki on companion mods? For RNGsus' sake...

2 hours ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

true, but it works better then prine regen

In case you die in the game and revive yourself. prime regen will stop working

hmm going to have to test this.

If your sent is dying that much, get a beast pet with link health and link armor equipped anyway.

The real benefit of Primed Regen is putting it in with Sacrifice, as well. (and no Djinn's revive every 90 seconds doesn't work with Sacrifice, I tried... I was very sad.)

3 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

hmm going to have to test this.

If your sent is dying that much, get a beast pet with link health and link armor equipped anyway.

The real benefit of Primed Regen is putting it in with Sacrifice, as well. (and no Djinn's revive every 90 seconds doesn't work with Sacrifice, I tried... I was very sad.)

mine does not die often, since enemies have no time to shoot at it, either he kills them first or i do