Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meta Players

Violet_Xe

Meta Players

Ok so yeah this is gonna be nothing special but I've got a message to those of you who always use the most efficient warframes. Quick note I have 100% no issue with any of you using what works for you. Wanna use a warframe like the overused Saryn in onslaught, sure go right ahead i don't mind at all. Have fun and do whatcha like. However this is something I need to say. So i'm running around with Nezha in Heiracon for pluto and I come across this strange party.

It starts off normal and we have a limbo, oberon, me as nezha, and another guy who left at 3 min. Oberon didn't know what he was doing (I think) and wasnt talking at all. Limbo kept telling him to go to the next extractor because limbo can solo lock down extractors. He started getting upset and this is where the issue I want to talk about starts. He starts criticizing not only limbo saying "do you even speak English", and then throws me under the bus saying "did you guys just lvl stuff on hydron?" which I took extreme offence because I really don't purposefully lvl stuff to rank up. I've been around since zephyr release and am mr20 because i just drift through the game. I know a lot about it and the things that have changed. He wants Oberon and I to defend which is easy if Oberon was actually helping defend. I tell him i can't solo defend these things, i need at least another person to help protect it even with a specter helping me with it. 

"You guys don't play like MR14(Oberon) and MR20(me)" -Limbo
"Mr means nothing" - Me
"you make that apparent" -Limbo

We went on talking about how you should pick a MORE EFFICIENT warframe, and someone who can help the team more because Nezha is a garbage frame. he obviously doesn't know what he's on about as he was making nezha out to be one of the worst frames in the game. I could go into depth about how all of his points were wrong but that's not why i'm making this thread. I don't give a damn if you guys are MR 27 or MR 1. I couldn't care less if you only care about the most efficient methods to farming, I don't mind you guys trashing some warframes even if you're wrong. But if you tell me to "Pick a better warframe or have fun being carried for the rest of your life" that's where I draw the line. I play nezha for fun. I play warframe for fun. I pick the warframe I want to play. There are people like that. We play warframe to have fun, but you have no right to tell others to pick a warframe just because the one they're playing right now isn't the best of the best. Please just let us play what we like to play and we'll leave you alone.

Obviously there are some things you shouldn't do like being a stasis limbo or slowva on a defence mission. That's annoying for everyone. But if i'm minding my own business playing a warframe that's fun and bothers nobody else then just go away and dont bother me. I'm having fun, you should too. Now if you're right i'll back down and say sure but the fact that limbo was also wrong about nezha AND ME, really ticked me off.  Now i'm also not the type of player to make this sound offensive but I need to this time. I've played for 4X the time this limbo had, I know far more about this game than you.  AND the fact i was a higher mastery means i've at least used more weapons than you. Plus the fact he was talking about "giving the team something" shows he didn't look at my profile as 20% of my playtime has been on banshee. view profiles and do a reality check before you insult someone and tell them how to play their game.

-This is where I argue with limbo about the uses of limbo so skip this if you dont care-

-"nezha has horrible cc and damage" Firewalker stuns tons of enemies, puts a status proc on enemies for condition overload. This cc works with a tank build nezha aswell.
-"nezha can't help his team" Firewalker procs fire for other condition overload users, safeguard aguments exist, and firewalker cures status if you want over it. (bleed toxin magnetic) really useful
-"nezha isn't a good tank" The warding halo gives massive damage reduction and combine that with health transmutation you get even more armor. if you want more put on an adaptation and you're set as a tank support nezha
-"Use rhino if you want to be invincible" And what if I dont want to be 100% invincible. Moreover if you want to be invincible, inaros exists and is far far better than rhino for the job.

Again Meta players dont impose your playstyle onto those of us who play the game for the pure reason of having fun, especially if you don't know what the hell you're on about.

• Like 3

Just now, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Sounds like you just came across a random toxic player, not really a "meta player"

I guess it counts as a toxic player yeah, but more often than not it's the players that use the best of the best frames and yell at others for not being efficient than it is some random guy

• Like 2

This needs more context.

What exactly were you guys doing ? Were you doing Excavation to farm Cryotic or was it just a random mission ?

If it was a normal mission then yea, you are right, its annoying that your squad wont have the most efficient frames but its a random mission so the guy has to deal whit that, but if it was a farming mission then I wouldn't say that bringing the "fun" Warframe is really advised since the main goal is to quickly farm.

But by what I read I would guess it was just a random mission whit a random squad.

About the Nezha thing :

Toxic players usually trash talk any frames they dont use or that dont fit their playstyle, obviously Nezha isn't specifically the best frame for defenses since his CC is (despite being good) very limited and wont always 100% defend the objective, but he is indeed a great Tank and a good CC (specially for the Orb Vallis), so yea, I can say that as someone who plays Frames based on the mission type (You can call me META player I guess) that this player was just being toxic for the sake of being toxic, I basically main Equinox and Limbo and even I can see that Nezha is borderline immortal.

Edited by (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b

1 minute ago, (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b said:

This needs more context.

What exactly were you guys doing ? Were you doing Excavation to farm Cryotic or was it just a random mission ?

If it was a normal mission then yea, you are right, its annoying that your squad wont have the most efficient frames but its a random mission so the guy has to deal whit that, but if it was a farming mission then I wouldn't say that bringing the "fun" Warframe is really advised since the main goal is to quickly farm.

But by what I read I would guess it was just a random mission whit a random squad.

This was a random excavation mission, just click on the mission and hop in. We didn't meet up beforehand saying yeah lets go as far as possible.

9 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

This was a random excavation mission, just click on the mission and hop in. We didn't meet up beforehand saying yeah lets go as far as possible.

Then yea, it really wasn't a "META" player, it was a toxic player.

META players really only bother people wen it comes to Recruitment chat squads, and we usually play either SOLO or whit mostly other "META" users or friends, since it makes missions more efficient, but if you see anyone, be it "META" player/s or normal player/s trash talking a frame on a random match, then dont label him/them as "META" player/s or *Insert Random Warframe* main/s, label him/them for what he/they is/are, random toxic player/s who just happened to be (a) META user/s.

Edited by (PS4)d_HopeCraft_b
  • Like 2

Let me repeat what that Limbo said, "Nezha is the worst frame in the game.....for excavation missions" I can see how he might have gotten upset because he was the only one dressed for the occasion but ofcourse he could've gone solo, even you. The extractors are extremely squishy which is why it's mandatory to have a defence frame when doing them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Let me repeat what that Limbo said, "Nezha is the worst frame in the game.....for excavation missions" I can see how he might have gotten upset because he was the only one dressed for the occasion but ofcourse he could've gone solo, even you. The extractors are extremely squishy which is why it's mandatory to have a defence frame when doing them.

I wouldn't exactly say that they're mandatory, I did mention this to the limbo but I've managed to hit 30-40 excavators without a defense frame cause we played it right and were careful. but yeah they really do help. I also don't think nezha is exactly the worst frame for excavation, as on that mission there are narrow pathways to lay down long trails of fire to stun enemies.

Also in a random mission even if you do get upset it's no reason to go mastery and frame shaming. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Its not exactly mandatory depending on where you are excavating and why, if you want Cryotic doing a infested excavation is the best option since you can counter them whit DPS and forget about defending, but obviously Limbo is still the META there since he can basically defend 2 places at one, but if its just a random mission you cant really expect people to be there whit 100% intent of farming, some could just be there to make the node, so the Limbo was in the wrong for going to farm whiteout a proper squad in a random lobby.

15 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

if you join a public game for a place that is known for hardcore farming so you have fun then dont be surprised to meet this kind of people.

and MR means a lot, and yes you can power level someone to 27 and he still know jack about this game but the chances of that is extremely unlikely and you have better chances with high mr than without.

both if you are in the wrong here, he should've made a full party (unless his friend get dc and you filled in) and you should have your ''fun'' somewhere else far far away from meta farming hotspots, nobody have time for you ''nezha is one of the best and ill prove it to those meta guys'' when farming cryo and relics.

Hum... no

PUBLIC games are public for a reason, they arent meant to be used as farming lobby's, if the Limbo wanted to farm then SOLO or Recruitment chat were his best options, him going in a random game and expecting people to be using the frames he wants was his first mistake.

MR had different meanings, it can mean something wen you are looking for how much time the player has in the game (since mostly high MRs are old players) but wen it comes to skill it means 0, a MR 15 can have has much skill as a MR 25.

The Limbo was the only one in the wrong, because just like I dont go Hydron expecting to have always a Speedva (which is why I bring her myself) and a Nuker, the Limbo also should not expect people to have what he wants just because the node is a Hot-spot. 

Wanna farm ? Open the recruitment chat tab and ask there, simple, going in a public lobby to farm is just not smart.

I did Hydron yesterday to see if the Wolf spawns and I didnt complain to a random squad to get rad weapons, I asked 3 of my friends and we prepared our stuff and did Hydron a few times, simple.

Edited by (PS4)Cephalon_Hope
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

first we should get this out of the way: 

Meta is a term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work. 

you just come across a toxic player who is having a bad day thats it, fun have nothing to do with it and i might even agree with him that you're wasting your time going in a place that are used mostly for boring af grinding, yes he have no right to tell you how to play or have ''fun'' but that does not mean he is wrong in term of what he criticized.

if you join a public game for a place that is known for hardcore farming so you have fun then dont be surprised to meet this kind of people.

and MR means a lot, and yes you can power level someone to 27 and he still know jack about this game but the chances of that is extremely unlikely and you have better chances with high mr than without.

both if you are in the wrong here, he should've made a full party (unless his friend get dc and you filled in) and you should have your ''fun'' somewhere else far far away from meta farming hotspots, nobody have time for you ''nezha is one of the best and ill prove it to those meta guys'' when farming cryo and relics.

In terms of hopping into the mission known for grinding out hard, yes I did do that. However I really dont mind going up to lvl 150 enemies if the party wants to and most of the time if we go that long I have a good chunk of the damage and deliver tons of cells. I'm used to going that long and haven't come across anyone who's had an issue with what warframe i use. and while it's true I can have fun elsewhere, I have the most fun there fighting the infested, getting good xp, relics and other rewards from the extractors, among also a place where I also have made most of my friends on that specific mission. I even met my clan leader there. 

Another thing is that it is a public mission where literally any person can join, even mr 4s sometimes from what i've seen (probably taxis) so you cant expect everyone there for hardcore grinding. It's also not all that boring for me and other players. in some cases, primarily long extractor missions, i have parties that talk a ton and have stupid fun.

another thing, having a bad day still isn't a legitimate reason to be rude to other players.

Edited by Violet_Xe
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Violet_Xe said:

I wouldn't exactly say that they're mandatory, I did mention this to the limbo but I've managed to hit 30-40 excavators without a defense frame cause we played it right and were careful.

Weird time to flex...

The Limbo may have been toxic but Nezha really isn't very useful for Excavation as his CC is a one instance lockdown and must be decast and recast every time new enemies arrive. Even Rhino will do a better job. It doesn't matter if you like the frame. Suboptimal is suboptimal.

That player is not exactly wrong to be pissed off and annoyed, because someone like me would be annoyed as well. You just won't see me mouth off randomly unless someone is being a total noob and deadweight.

If the Oberon was really being totally useless, you really cannot blame that person for mouthing off. Someone who has no idea what they are doing and not pulling their weight will definitely piss off another player. Would you tell the Oberon off if you were Limbo? If you don't and just endure, you make yourself angry, that is all.

You using Nezha wasn't helping. The MR 14 guy was making someone's day even worse than it should be and you not using a META frame may give someone the impression they are carrying everything. Contrary to popular belief, many high MR players are not epeen wankers who want to carry everything with 90% kills.

The only wrong that guy did was mouth off, and it happens a lot more often in Warframe than you think, because a lot of people play after work/school and just want to kill things to vent. This isn't a city of angels here. Trying to say he is a METAslave or such and hence he is wrong is not valid.

OP, all you are trying to do is trying to make the Limbo player look worse than he really is and make yourself look like a saint. But the fact is that you are no less of an ass than the Limbo if all you wanna do is come to the forum just to rant about a single toxic player. Talking behind his back does not make you a better person than him.

I don't understand people who go to the forums to complain about toxic people. The toxic people remain toxic, the complainers work themselves up and in the end they also become toxic when talking about the toxic player.

Edited by Guest

Nezha is a good choice for excavation, but so are majority of frames. A good Nezha can protect an excavator solo (unless you're facing a stream of nullies at a higher level vs lvl1 extractor), but it's a lot of busywork. This is also true for many other frames.

I don't understand how you can play an afk frame (requiring hardly any engagement to complete the objective) and complain about others being "carried". Someone clearly had a bad day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

he is in the wrong, same with the op, the limbo should've made a full party and the op should've expected this kind of players to be in public matches but taking the high horse about ''only playing warframe to have fun'' when he his frame get criticized is bullcrap, op shoul;d've gone full solo if he wanted to have true ''fun'' because not everyone have social skills or time to make a farming party and also dc is very lucky to happen with this game p2p system so the op must take this into mind when going public in a grinding hotspot.

Once again, PUBLIC, if the Limbo doesn't have time to make a squad then he cant complain about what he gets wen going to a random lobby. 

Just like OP should expect toxic players to be there so should the Limbo expect normal players to be there.

OP should not be the one to go SOLO, the Limbo should, because the Limbo was the only one whit a specific goal in mind (farm cryotic), not the OP. 

You dont need social skills to make a bloody party, go recruitment a ask "Cryotic farm 1/4" is it that hard ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

it cant be done even if your ''toxic behavior player'' insisted so no one is forcing anybody here, it was just a criticism with the op didnt like.

the limbo player was taking his frustration on this duo of ''playing to have fun only'' and the mute guy so its free-for-all battle ground and all of them are in the wrong one way or another.

the issues here is op making it to be like hes the one in the right, mostly. 

I don't know how they played that match, but I used a lot of time Nezha in some excavation (high-level too) and had zero problem. You just need to have a good setup and good weapons, Nezha is a really nice CC/Utility frame actually. And at the same time I saw Frosts and Limbos totally s*** in the same mission.

It's ok to be frustrated but warframe is not an hard game, you mustn't be forced to only play the best wframe for that mission. Sometimes you need to try something else. Obviously, in any case, you have to help in the mission. What I mean is that it depends more on the player than on the warframe, with some exception.

2 minutes ago, Majestic-scrub said:

so public is for ''fun and goofing around'' only and ''solo/party'' only for the players with the same mindset as the limbo ?

I don't know if you are aware of the existance of a chat called 'recruitment' where you can search/lf the players/wf you want. And no, you don't need any social skill, just write H/LFG what you want, invite/get invited, and you are done.

Edited by DukeNix

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Weird time to flex...

The Limbo may have been toxic but Nezha really isn't very useful for Excavation as his CC is a one instance lockdown and must be decast and recast every time new enemies arrive. Even Rhino will do a better job. It doesn't matter if you like the frame. Suboptimal is suboptimal.

That player is not exactly wrong to be pissed off and annoyed, because someone like me would be annoyed as well. You just won't see me mouth off randomly unless someone is being a total noob and deadweight.

If the Oberon was really being totally useless, you really cannot blame that person for mouthing off. Someone who has no idea what they are doing and not pulling their weight will definitely piss off another player. Would you tell the Oberon off if you were Limbo? If you don't and just endure, you make yourself angry, that is all.

You using Nezha wasn't helping. The MR 14 guy was making someone's day even worse than it should be and you not using a META frame may give someone the impression they are carrying everything. Contrary to popular belief, many high MR players are not epeen wankers who want to carry everything with 90% kills.

The only wrong that guy did was mouth off, and it happens a lot more often in Warframe than you think, because a lot of people play after work/school and just want to kill things to vent. This isn't a city of angels here. Trying to say he is a METAslave or such and hence he is wrong is not valid.

OP, all you are trying to do is trying to make the Limbo player look worse than he really is and make yourself look like a saint. But the fact is that you are no less of an ass than the Limbo if all you wanna do is come to the forum just to rant about a single toxic player. Talking behind his back does not make you a better person than him.

I don't understand people who go to the forums to complain about toxic people. The toxic people remain toxic, they work themselves up and in the end they also become toxic when talking about the toxic player.

Not flexing, i'm providing evidence to a point. someone said it was mandatory and i said that i've done it without one, you can too. 

Sure nezha isn't the best and it's not the best mission to hop into as nezha, however as I said it's not just a one instance lockdown, the firewalker makes enemies stop whenever they walk on it because of the catching fire animation. onto of that I can cause the animation to go off again by exploding the chakram while firewalker is on. I have the ability to cc even without nezha with my operator as well. The divine spears isn't the only way to cc enemies. there are more effective ways. 

And yes I cannot blame limbo for being angry at Oberon, he really was not doing much. however there are ways to go about telling players to go do what they want. there's never a reason to degrade others. And yes I would endure, because i don't spread it to other people, I like being positive and starting fun chats in missions to take peoples minds off the grind they do for things.

And my nezha can't help if I don't get the support from others. you don't have 1 person on every excavator for every mission. and they weren't carrying everything. if you do feel you're carrying everything in a game mode that uses trust and coordination to defend fragile targets, you can't carry that mission alone. I dropped 2 specters to help defend the excavator. At least give me one person to help me defend and It should be easy. I recognize nezha isn't the best frame and nowhere close to a frame that's excellent at excavations. But I still played him. 

While I know this isn't a "city of angels" it doesn't mean you can just go about yelling at others cause they're not doing what you want. And why I said he's a "meta" player which i realize now isn't the best word I could use to describe him, was because he was bragging about how he could go 70 without losing a single excavator and solo too. rubbing it in my face for no other reason than to put himself above me and the Oberon.

It's not like i'm talking behind his back as I didn't specifically say hey *name* did this and is horrible, dis him and screw people like him. I'm posting it in a public space saying to other people don't be like this guy who i wont name to embarrass 

This isn't to make this limbo look bad, this thread was made to say "hey, let us have fun and play the frames we want, don't degrade us and say play this frame instead or you'll be carried for life" some of us kinda like having fun in our own ways, am I wrong? As for making myself look like a saint, really no i don't consider myself a saint. I simply want people to not tell others to do things they don't want to do, especially not in a disrespectful manner that only makes both sides angrier. As i stated I really don't have an issue with meta players, just being told what to do. 

Again this is less complaining about being toxic and more saying hey, guys don't say stupid things and disrespect others.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Majestic-scrub said:

meta,term used in mmo meaning the Most Effective Tactic Available. It's basically what works in a game regardless of what you wish would work.

i can do spy missions with atlas flawless, but would i have the same efficiency as something that suited for that kind of grind like loki or ivara ? ofc not.

and this is what the op didn like when limbo criticized him for.

even if you're crap skills and knowledge wise on frost and limbo, you still have better chance when you play them on what thy're suited for compared to something that lack the same tools box, even if you're skilled.

Yes, but you're saying the same thing I said, just differently. I perfectly know what meta is.
In warframe there is absolutely no need for the meta for 99.7% of the content. I would never pretend to find 4 lokis/ivaras in a spy sortie. Never.

The only thing is that you have to be confident with what you use.
That Limbo has gone too far, you can't expect everyone to go meta in a wf's pub.

But you can expect everyone to be a minimum useful, imho as long as they are not afk and at least they try is ok.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Violet_Xe said:

Again Meta players dont impose your playstyle onto those of us who play the game for the pure reason of having fun, especially if you don't know what the hell you're on about. 

You made the mistakes:

• Engaging a troll in a winless argument
  • not leaving squad

If you are in it to have fun, have fun and leave when you're not.  Toxic trolls abound and have nothing to do with some fictional meta, MR, or anything else in the game.

• Like 3

To the people who are talking about social skills, I don't believe the limbo had bad social skills. He had little issue trash talking and openly speaking. though as a better example he was the one to devise a plan for our mission. even if the oberon didn't listen at all, I still did try to do what he wanted, even while he was being a bit toxic. 

Limbo solo an extractor and the other two (me and oberon) defend the other excavator. which i did, i even dropped specters. I doubt limbo would have an issue speaking into recruiting chat.