Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plague star event

TheCr1msonFckr

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

Plague Star will probably come during the Summer, chill.

Based on past patterns it should have been in like Feb. So that why people keep asking. Summer is kind of late. Should be in the Spring the latest.

3 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Based on past patterns it should have been in like Feb. So that why people keep asking. Summer is kind of late. Should be in the Spring the latest.

We have had Plague Star 2 times, there isn't a pattern yet, DE hasn't even said if Plague Star has a schedule like Thermia (Bi-weekly), so we might has well just guess DE is saving the event for wen most of their players are at home.

Edited by (PS4)Cephalon_Hope

Oh joy another thread... it will get here when it gets here, I'd say gas city rework and nightwave II are higher on the priority list.  They'll only pop out plague star if there is going to be a delay to the next intended 'patch'.

4 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

At which point they were just rolling out Nightwave and likely want to get usage stats for that before throwing any other big events in.

And they've been working on the PoE remaster, which likely required changes with the event to match.

People can stop asking because they've been told several times already that it won't be until at least after Tennocon at the absolute earliest.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Cephalon_Hope said:

We have had Plague Star 2 times, there isn't a pattern yet,

That is enough to figure out the time between the two and when it could be expected again. That's the start of a pattern. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

People can stop asking because they've been told several times already that it won't be until at least after Tennocon at the absolute earliest.

They have stated it will be returning or "Not been forgotten" but never saw anything about after tennocon. So if you have links I would like to see it. I will only agree that spamming the forums will not change anything at this point.

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

which likely required changes with the event to match.

There is very little if anything that needs to be changed. All the key interaction points are still in the same spots. Only thing that could be changed is the boil in the middle of the map. Which they have left room for. So there shouldn't be enough work to drag it out till mid July.

5 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

That is enough to figure out the time between the two and when it could be expected again. That's the start of a pattern. 

Not really since DE hasn't confirmed that thats the pattern, until they say that plague star has a pattern its just a random event DE does from time to time.

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

They have stated it will be returning or "Not been forgotten" but never saw anything about after tennocon. So if you have links I would like to see it. I will only agree that spamming the forums will not change anything at this point.

No. They haven't been told by DE. They've been told by the rest of the community.

You don't drop a big event around a piece of content immediately after updating that piece of content. You need to vet it internally, and make sure the event still works properly. So it wasn't going to drop immediately after PoE Remaster.

And you don't launch a big event weeks before a big scale real world event because you're in prep mode for that event, so it wasn't going to launch in these few weeks leading up to Tennocon.

There may be reasons for delaying it further past Tennocon, but pretty much anyone with any programming experience could have told you "It's not happening before Tennocon" as soon as PoE Remaster was first announced.

2 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

There is very little if anything that needs to be changed. All the key interaction points are still in the same spots. Only thing that could be changed is the boil in the middle of the map. Which they have left room for. So there shouldn't be enough work to drag it out till mid July.

You have no idea what changes they've made in event scripting on their backend. I can pretty well guarantee there were at least some. With the kind of spaghetti code DE usually works with you have to be careful of the spinoff effects that any little change could have, and with the other resource commitments over the last month and a half combined with that it's really not surprising it was pushed back.

12 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

No, it really isn't.  If it were consistent three times, then it would be reasonable to think maybe there's a pattern, but even that could easily be coincidence and it would be more reasonable to assume that until proven otherwise.

24 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

No, it really isn't.  If it were consistent three times, then it would be reasonable to think maybe there's a pattern, but even that could easily be coincidence and it would be more reasonable to assume that until proven otherwise.

Patterns can change. Based on the fact we know there is going to be more and the time between whats has happen there can be expectations. I am not claiming at any point there is a correct date it will happen. So to claim that expectations are wrong you should think a little more about it.

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

No. They haven't been told by DE.

So DE Reb is not DE? Because she said it on prime time two weeks ago. You're whole argument is trying to convince people your logic is the correct one. You don't know any more than anyone else on what has happen on the backend of the game or their internal time lines. I am only participating in a conversation that I think July is too late. If you don't like my conclusion based on the information said by DE that is fine but there is no reason to go off about it not being YOUR conclusion.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

42 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

No. They haven't been told by DE. They've been told by the rest of the community.

So you have no proof for what you said, I highly doubt they'll wait until tennocon, unless they giving switch another way to get plague zaws and plague arcanes

1 hour ago, Zelmen said:

So DE Reb is not DE? Because she said it on prime time two weeks ago. You're whole argument is trying to convince people your logic is the correct one.

What are you talking about? Reb has never once said when Plague Star is going to be... and that was literally the point you were making... why are you arguing against yourself now?

DE has *never* said when the next plague star will be. They've said they haven't forgotten it. That's it. I don't know why I have to provide context to defend your side of the argument.

You don't know any more than anyone else on what has happen on the backend of the game or their internal time lines. I am only participating in a conversation that I think July is too late. If you don't like my conclusion based on the information said by DE that is fine but there is no reason to go off about it not being YOUR conclusion.

You're right. And when you have no info you should assume the most likely timeframe. I don't like such a long delay either. That doesn't change that it's the most likely. A Plague Star to tide us over until the bigger content drops later this year is the most likely outcome since there's stuff laid out until Tennocon already.

Is it possible it drops before Tennocon? Sure. But being possible and being what I want doesn't make it likely.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

So you have no proof for what you said, I highly doubt they'll wait until tennocon, unless they giving switch another way to get plague zaws and plague arcanes

You can doubt it if you want. That doesn't make it less likely. There's no reason for them to care if switch users have the plague parts immediately. They're not needed in any way shape or form to have a complete gameplay experience, they're just a "would be nice" cherry on top.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Sniperfox47 said:

-snip-

You're just trying to twist words to cover yourself now. I never said anything other than the facts and that MY conclusion is it will happen before tennocon. If you want to keep quoting stuff and saying same things other people said (myself included). Keep going. Have fun by yourself.

1 hour ago, Pohani_Herkules said:

They could put plagued zaw parts into bounty rotations if they don't want to bring back Plague star.

Actually Hok's daily special can have one of the parts sold on the weapon even outside the event. 

Though much like Ghouls, I'd appreciate a few infested encounters. I'd like to have some Ostron infested units to, they can't really be immune and not getting caught.. 

Ooo infested ghouls.. 

The last time the boil showed up I recall some context that made it seems like it should be getting stronger when it returns... 

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

Actually Hok's daily special can have one of the parts sold on the weapon even outside the event. 

Though much like Ghouls, I'd appreciate a few infested encounters. I'd like to have some Ostron infested units to, they can't really be immune and not getting caught.. 

Ooo infested ghouls.. 

The last time the boil showed up I recall some context that made it seems like it should be getting stronger when it returns... 

Yea, but you don't get the blueprint for it. And the combo is mostly garbage

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Evilpricetag said:

As long as it has the viral and is mildly status based it basically beats over half of the codex melee. 

Pupacyst is a reasonable imitation in the meantime. 

Well I mean, I have a OP scrub build zaw, i just want the parts for MR and the plague parts have those nice effects to them while having in my opinion the best melee dmg in the game