Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A needed opticor rework

CephalonSamara

Personally, I have used opticor a lot. My favorite BFG, my gun for killing something so  it does not show its face to me later. But I'm concerned about how opticor has been limited in its role as enemy killer by the fact that opticor's main beam has a magnetic blast leading it. Not only this magnetic blast useless, it also negates the effects of the main beam against targets like Eidolons and certain bosses like Sargus RUk. When will a rework of opticor take out this handicap and allow it to shine in late game?

Edited by Midael97
a small correction

I do like Opticor a lot too, and I'm fine with it the way it is. However that does sound like a nice change. I usually like to use magnetic on fast hitting weapons to drain proto shields, and that's a bit counter-intuitive for me in Opticor. An elemental adjustment would wonderful.

The problem you are having with the opticor is hitbox priority. The beam is huge so it will hit non-critical parts of enemies a lot even when on target nullifying damage if they have limited vulnerability , and the explosion can take priority over the beam sometimes so you will hit with the blast first which might end a vulnerability phase.

The opticor IIRC is not really a hitscan weapon, it is just an absurdly fast ball that is checking for collision when fired.

1 hour ago, Deadoon said:

The problem you are having with the opticor is hitbox priority. The beam is huge so it will hit non-critical parts of enemies a lot even when on target nullifying damage if they have limited vulnerability , and the explosion can take priority over the beam sometimes so you will hit with the blast first which might end a vulnerability phase.

The opticor IIRC is not really a hitscan weapon, it is just an absurdly fast ball that is checking for collision when fired.

opticor is very much hitscan. 

29 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

opticor is very much hitscan. 

The opticor suffered from the same backwards fire bugs with certain rivens that projectile weapons suffered from. That is the reason why some believe it to be a projectile weapon.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2019-04-18 at 10:38 PM, WhiteMarker said:

I like that you didn't really describe the issue.

Why does the magnetic explosion, which occure when the beam hits a surface, hinder the Opticor in any way?

My main issue is the fact that I cant take my opticor for eidolon hunting, no matter how powerful of a riven I carry. The blast negates any incoming damage from the main beam

On 2019-04-19 at 2:20 AM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly not found this to be a problem. my main gripe with the Opticor was always the slow charge speed, but the Vandal alleviates this completely. I wouldn''t say it really needs any more improvement.

My problem is not against normal enemies or the charge speed. My problem is that why is opticor being denied the access to eidolon hunts by making the magnetic blast negate the damage of the beam on synovias.

4 hours ago, CephalonSamara said:

My main issue is the fact that I cant take my opticor for eidolon hunting, no matter how powerful of a riven I carry. The blast negates any incoming damage from the main beam

Never had this problem. I would like to see a proof to this.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Never had this problem. I would like to see a proof to this.

Same here, I used it when I started doing Eidolon hunts, never had an issue with it doing no damage, could it be a lag issue?

Maybe by the time he's done charging the beam the image of the Eiodlon is still there but he has moved just far enough for it to miss him entirely?