Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What warframe for me?

(PSN)moose_boy248

Question

13 answers to this question

The best way to figure this out is to try them all. Figure out which you like most and run with that. What do you mean by a “more aggressive play style”? 

In other games I tend to use casters, but not in Warframe. I just use Valkyr because of the appearance.

I tend to redirect any new player I see towards Rhino for several reasons :

• Rhino is obtainable on Venus, which is very early. Afaik it's the first Warframe you will be able to build from planet bosses.
  • Rhino is easy to understand, easy to play and efficient at any level of play.
  • Rhino fits almost all kind of playstyles.
  • Rhino is very sturdy thanks to his high stats and his Iron Skin ability.

I don't think you will be disappointed by Rhino as someone who plays agressively.

• Like 1

If you're looking for a frame that will get in there a kill a bunch of stuff, then Ash, Garuda, Mirage, Mesa, or Valkyr are worth looking into. 

If you want the sort of frame that can wade into enemies and murderize them, look at Atlas, Hildryn, Inaros, Nezha, or Rhino. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)moose_boy248 said:

So I’m fairly new to the game and just want to get this right the first time, I’d like to decide which warframe is right for me, and an easy way to get it. I have Excalibur and that’s it, I’m looking for a more aggressive play style if possible!

I recommend Nezha. He scales from star map to endgame and he really helps newer players with some of warframes more annoying mechanics.

-He has mobility. His passive and Firewalker icrease his movement speed and he has a teleport when reactivating Blazing Chakram as it is flying. 

-He has multiple sources of damage. The fire trail from Firewalker, his Blazing Chakram, and his ult to an extent. Not to mention the explosion of fire when combining his Firewalker with the teleport mechanic. Furthermore, both Firewalker and Blazing Chakram can scale all the way into endgame.

-He has survivability. Healing orbs from enemies marked with Blazing Chakram. 90% damage reduction from his Warding Halo.

-He grants status and CC immunity. This is great for newer players helping them with knock downs and all those pesky status effects.

-He has lots of reliable CC. His ult is one of the best CC in the game. His Firewalker and Blazing  Chakram adds to that with the heat proc. His ring also staggers melee range enemies good for the newer player who love melees. His Blazing Chakram when held down will knock enemies down.

-He has a damage buff. His Blazing Chakram adds a huge damage buff ti enemies marked by it. Making it super easy to shred through higher level enemies even with weak guns.

Consistently, Nezha has proven himself to be a Jack of All Trades that will not only get you through the Star Map but scale well into the late game. Near infinitely. Furthermore, he is kot hard to get as you can purchase his blueprints from your clan dojo.  There are many clan who accept newbies and have all the research done. Also, he isn't hard to build as his materials are easily accessible. Also, it is quite easy to mod him and he is effective even with poor modding.

1 hour ago, (PS4)moose_boy248 said:

I have Excalibur and that’s it, I’m looking for a more aggressive play style

Just sayin', Excal isn't exactly incompatible with (what I'd categorize as) that,
you have your Exalted Blade for some sweet damage, and Radial Blind lets you just mow down enemies in whatever way you please.

Excal is a good frame for aggressive playstyle.

What you're needing now is mods for this Frame, and better weapons and mods for those weapons in increase your killing potential. I really don't have an Excal build, but a quick search on google or youtube should net you a good build.

I find the easiest weapon to grab at lower MR is Hek. Solid shotgun that can carry you through the Star Map. There are better weapons, but Hek is easy to get and only requires MR 4. The Blueprint can be bought for 25,000 credits

For Frames, all I can say is to try them all, heh. Players can suggest frames, but each has their own playstyle. Play Mag correctly and she can wreck a map. Play Rhino wrong and he won't get far (Yes, I've seen Rhino's get downed over and over and over because players didn't know, and wouldn't listen on how to survive, lol).

My personal suggestion for early players is to grab Oberon. His parts fall from ANY Eximus enemy, so is fairly easy to get. While he's tagged as a "healer" this self-heal makes him fairly tanky and you can use this to charge into fights that would down other frames. I prefer Trinity for this for later play, but as she's farmed off Ambulas on Pluto, it may take a new player a bit to get there. A Trinity using Link is nearly indestructible. Allowing one to use weapons to mow down the battlefield with impunity, but Oberon isn't far behind.

Mesa is one that always comes to mind when thinking devastation, heh. But again, since she's farmed from Mutalist Alad V on Eris, it may take a new player time to farm her. Once modded, however, this frame can mow down pretty much anything.

You proabbly want to get rhino as it usually meets most new player criteria and is flexible enough to run most roles between Tank , Damage , support and CC.

once you are a bit more experieenced with how the game works you can ask this question again and we would be happy to help further.

you will have developed a playstyle and weapon preference by then as well.

Hey There,

I dont know if aggressive mean to you being in the front and taking the beat up of all your teammate, and if it the case, i wish you a good reestablishment because (i dont focus on melee whit that one).. If you are seeking a build that have a good dps build in a interressing gameplay i may have a suggestion.

I discover a build recently that may be my best so far in therm of dps. (only rank 10 so not my best ever but still accessible to you) Many ppl think it wasnt worth to play the umbra in operator mode, and i understand them because operator is made to kill sentien while exca umbra have all the umbra mod that give Tau dps, resistance. So in result they give us an independant frame that dont worth the use of operator.. that right!!  

But in matter of fact, i discovered recently that going on that hight mountain and having a good view of that map, then pulling out your operator, your exca will simple shoot at your target whil you just sit here and relax.  Not all gun work thoug, i tried to kulstar cuz i wanted to see my exca carpet the whole map whit mini grenade but he just seem to be scared of it and dont ever bother shoot, even if i remove my primary weapon and melee. so i figure that he only need a hight clip weapon, because he seem to be scripted that way.the math are easy,  less ammo= less fire rate..  and kulstar having 3 base clip and maybe 5 or 6 , he wont shoot that often and it may bother you. but while puting a primed rubico, whit extra clip on it mag, he seem to spam the trigger faster than i do, and seriously and computer using a sniper.. If you ever played Call of duty, you know that OP :) especially your rubico prime. 

After all i conclued that may be only weapon that have hight caps mag (more that 10) that wont hold the trigger. and the same go on your charged weapon. he really dont want to use them, bow included. 

so the fact is, i can basicly solo index hight risk whit this build, plus i have mostly the highest dps or kill in my team .. And the game play is totally different yet still really fun  because ik you wont sit down on that hill and let that exca umbra steal all your kill, (even if you do afk, your team wont ever notice as long as you stay on worthy place to be.) so put your operator a good amp and you are ready to go.

So to resume all this, get your frame a good gun, remove is melee and sit down on that hill and you will get a really new gameplay.

PS. im still building this build to discover the true strengh of that one so i may eddit soon but so far i play whit 20MR and still get a really good if not better than them..