The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aura Forma too expensive by half.

Kryogeneva

17 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Hard nerf to naramon auras incoming.

It's quite interesting right? You could make other Auras have unique combinations to be more helpful than Corrosive Projection, Enemy Radar, Speed Holster etc, but most would just say "let's nerf the OP ones".

I made a post about Auras over a year ago, and I laugh reading my own words:

Is the cost high? Not really in my opinion.

Nightwave makes nitain easily accessible (in fact, I would argue it is the ONLY thing better than the old alert system), especially considering how people who have arbitration unlocked and actively grinding it probably doesn't need the mods from nightwave (potatoes maybe? but it is well known that they are really inefficient for their cost)

That being said, as I was discussing it with friends yesterday. I would argue that there isn't that many frames that would greatly benefit from it, as you can often fit all the other mods even with the wrong aura polarity by forma-ing all the other slots. Nova is probably the only one I know among the frames I play where I see a great use for the aura forma, as a fast build would use power donation (V polarity)and maybe CP for slow builds ( - polarity). For many frames, it is likely there is only really 1 aura you would run on them.

I think the cost is fine.

• There are very few frames that would legitimately use it where either throwing two extra forma on wouldn't achieve the same thing.
  • Doing just a bit of nightwave can get you plenty of nitain and formas. And if you ensure you always have a forma crafting and always have a bp for one ready to go as soon as that is done, you will have plenty of forma as well.
  • Even with above its only applicable should people want to truly min max everything
  • Even if you apply it, how often would you really switch loadouts.  I have one main loadout for every frame, and two "play" load outs that are rarely used.
  • Its targeted at more end game players (in this case simply defined as people with nothing better to do)

The only thing I wish is that it wasn't restricted to Aura slots. It won't fix my Day/Night Equinox build conflict for example - so I had to farm two sets of Equinox - Day has 6 forma, night has 4 and they have incompatible polarities in the lower section.  Now with Eq.Prime, I get to do it all over again lol

14 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You could literally over forma a frame with 4 forma and just brute force any aura mod onto them with all the additional mod capacity.

In many cases you can. However, if you're talking umbral builds, maybe not. 

Nevertheless, I can't really think of too many 'frames I'd really need multiple aura polarities. Not enough to get too excited by the cost. Mostly, it'd be for 'frames that habitually run Steel Charge where you might want an option to switch to CP for long endless missions. 

20 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

For that many Forma, you can just polarize the frame so it doesn’t matter what aura you put in, mismatched or not. 

And since there are two useful polarities anyway...

my inaros politely disagree with that - at least my build. i actually only have one frame where i've done this and only because i formated to wield two different builds (and could therefore put in any aura mod into one of these builds).

10 hours ago, S.Dust said:

being honest the items a cash grab by DE since they know most people just buy forma rather than wait 24 hours per forma to build.

Can i ask for the option to purchase aura forma itself with 200pt then?

On 2019-04-25 at 1:52 AM, Kryogeneva said:

Keep in mind that to do just 1 copy of every frame (so base frames OR their primed version, but not both), it's something like 160 forma and 400 nitain. That is an absolutely insane grind.

But then again, in which Warframes would you use it?
I can think of one, Nova, since you want to use that Power Donation for speed, and then maybe Energy Syphon or Corrosive projection for slow nova.
Other than that, i really can't remember any Warframe i use different Auras in.

Thing is, there's still stuff like steel charge giving 18 capacity while most others give 14. It would make it much better if the standardized the capacity for all auras either 9 in all of them or 7 in all of them... There's really no reason to keep the outliers... And they can even keep the end-values for the auras, just changing the capacity...

Honestly, it's a nice to have thing, but i'd rather have it for regular mods, even if it costed 8 Forma to make. Still better than having to forma 2 different warframes because sometimes different builds can be extremely incompatible.

I personally don't see an issue, 

Most frame will use - (CD, ES) 

Few will use V (GP, SC) 

Very niche frames use D (Rejuv,) 

But there are some frames that are very versatile and can take advantage of multiple builds with different auras. I can think of 5 of my frames where it would be nice, but not necessary. 

The aura forma is a forma of luxury, it is not mandatory and you can usually spend 4 regular forma on a frame smartly and fit whatever aura you want with penalties (barring umbral) for decent builds.

14 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

my inaros politely disagree with that - at least my build. i actually only have one frame where i've done this and only because i formated to wield two different builds (and could therefore put in any aura mod into one of these builds).

Well I'm glad he was polite about it!

I do see a use for it, but it seems to be a pretty niche one - and in a lot of cases, easier and cheaper to just build and forma a second copy of the frame for a different aura. But obviously, it's useful. I just feel like I could get a lot more mileage out of 4 forma than one universal aura. But if you're at the point where you've done everything else, then it's a reasonably cool prestige marker.