Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Prime Time #244: Tonight at 7pm ET!

[DE]Megan

ea6c1ed5774a8347106bbc37acc8aa9d.jpg

Take me down to Arbitration nation, where the Vitus Essence is yellow and the Grineer are...pretty? Join Danielle and Megan as they check out the latest changes to Arbitrations and work to earn some of those sweet sweet new rewards! 

We might even have a special guest joining us online this evening... 

PLUS, see the winning Dojo Obstacle Courses (and watch as our hosts attempt the first place course) from the Easter for Dummies Contest, and don’t miss the newest Warframe Community Fan Art and Gravimag Twitch Drop! 

See you here tonight, April 25th at 7pm ET. Check your time zones here.

Please ensure your correct Twitch account and Warframe account are linked to receive Twitch Drops: https://www.warframe.com/twitch/link

*Don’t forget to get your Dojo in shape ... you never know when we could come knocking! 

Nintendo Switch Tenno: By installing the Youtube app for free on your Nintendo Switch, you can conveniently watch the stream on the Warframe Youtube channel from your portable system!

13 minutes ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

Please listen to the feedback we all are giving on arbitration.  Or at least acknowledge them. 

Don't hold your breath. They had 6 days of player feedback from the moment the changes were announced until the moment the update was pushed and they implemented none of it. Beyond that, Prime Time has never addressed player backlash. It's just for fun and giggles.

The only way I can see something being done is if everyone in the chat spams "Listen to Arbitration feedback" over and over with nothing else being posted to the point they can't even select the top 10 comments because they are all "Listen to Arbitration feedback".

14 minutes ago, (PS4)solartorch81 said:

Please listen to the feedback we all are giving on arbitration.  Or at least acknowledge them. 

I think a better message would be: Please listen to feedback in general.  All the feedback the community has been giving since January has been completely ignored.  Melee 2.9 is a broken system that makes melee combat significantly worse.  There are dozens of broken skins, some broken augments, serious bugs with enemies and spawns, the entire mess that is this arbitration rework, and numerous other issues that people are talking about, but if you look at the latest staff replies, there has been absolutely nothing at all from DE regarding any of these issues at all.  All they've been doing is posting hotfix notes and 'special offers', and that's it.  They're no longer communicating with us, they're no longer listening to us, all of our outcries about the many problems this game has at the moment are falling on deaf ears.

The DE we knew and loved, that listened to their community, that took on board our feedback, responded to our feedback, and built such a terrific game because of us, is gone for the moment.  They've stopped caring that we, the players, the people who put money in to the game and keep it running, are having some serious issues with the latest changes and are being turned away from the game because of it.  

15 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

I think a better message would be: Please listen to feedback in general.  All the feedback the community has been giving since January has been completely ignored.  Melee 2.9 is a broken system that makes melee combat significantly worse.  There are dozens of broken skins, some broken augments, serious bugs with enemies and spawns, the entire mess that is this arbitration rework, and numerous other issues that people are talking about, but if you look at the latest staff replies, there has been absolutely nothing at all from DE regarding any of these issues at all.  All they've been doing is posting hotfix notes and 'special offers', and that's it.  They're no longer communicating with us, they're no longer listening to us, all of our outcries about the many problems this game has at the moment are falling on deaf ears.

The DE we knew and loved, that listened to their community, that took on board our feedback, responded to our feedback, and built such a terrific game because of us, is gone for the moment.  They've stopped caring that we, the players, the people who put money in to the game and keep it running, are having some serious issues with the latest changes and are being turned away from the game because of it.  

Oh come off it. So the Wolf changes weren't listening to feedback? Okay, well a lot of people actually like the new melee system, it's not like every player agrees it's for the worse. As for glitches/bugs and skins well shoot I know some that have been and still are around for literal years without being fixed or addressed. Seems either you're just biased, or the DE you thought you knew never existed in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

Prime Time is the perfect opportunity for DE to experience first hand the changes they make to the game. I've seen fixes come about as a result of Prime Time-encountered issues, so maybe this will help?

Im usually not on the forum or a viewer of prime times. However, from what ive seen from clips: I highly doubt it. 

I love DE and all, but they listen on everything EXCEPT game balance and design it seems. 

I feel they missed the boat hardcore on the Arbitration rework when everyone has been yelling from the rooftops what they want. Not to mention their balancing mentality has been "nerf nerf nerf" instead of "nerf, buff, nerf, buff" which is exactly how Ember got erased from near existance (seriously, ive seen 0 ember players since her World of Fire nerf when I used to see them everywhere).

Unless someone over at DE opens a big can of Think Juice I doubt we'll see much in the way of fixes we desperately need.

tl;dr: Awwwwe $h!7, here we go again

1 minute ago, (PS4)GMJ3 said:

Oh come off it. So the Wolf changes weren't listening to feedback? Okay, well a lot of people actually like the new melee system, it's not like every player agrees it's for the worse. As for glitches/bugs and skins well shoot I know some that have been and still are around for literal years without being fixed or addressed. Seems either you're just biased, or the DE you thought you knew never existed in the first place.

The Arbitration changes also weren't listening to feedback.  There are several dozens pages in the melee 2.9 feedback thread from several dozen people expressing their reasons for hating the new system, and offering alterations, changes and options that could improve it or at least reduce the problems it causes (auto-blocking, melee aimgliding, interfering with exalted weapons to name a few of the many issues).  Am I biased?  Yes I am, I'm biased against DE's current silence to it's community compared to what it used to be. 

As an example, a couple of years ago DE 'fixed' the Sonicor so that blast damage would no longer propel enemies in to space, but due to very negative reaction from the community, they 'unfixed' it within a matter of hours.  That's just one example of many that could be made, because that's what DE used to do, listen to community feedback and give the players what they wanted, and Warframe is the fun and exciting game it is because of that.  Recently however, they've been doing the opposite of that, they've been acting like Triple A publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc. and just ignoring all of this feedback, and the game, and it's players, are suffering because of it.

2 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

The Arbitration changes also weren't listening to feedback.  There are several dozens pages in the melee 2.9 feedback thread from several dozen people expressing their reasons for hating the new system, and offering alterations, changes and options that could improve it or at least reduce the problems it causes (auto-blocking, melee aimgliding, interfering with exalted weapons to name a few of the many issues).  Am I biased?  Yes I am, I'm biased against DE's current silence to it's community compared to what it used to be. 

As an example, a couple of years ago DE 'fixed' the Sonicor so that blast damage would no longer propel enemies in to space, but due to very negative reaction from the community, they 'unfixed' it within a matter of hours.  That's just one example of many that could be made, because that's what DE used to do, listen to community feedback and give the players what they wanted, and Warframe is the fun and exciting game it is because of that.  Recently however, they've been doing the opposite of that, they've been acting like Triple A publishers like EA, Activision, Ubisoft etc. and just ignoring all of this feedback, and the game, and it's players, are suffering because of it.

A few dozen pages and people complaining is what we'd call a "vocal minority". Not to mention people tend to be more likely to complain when they dislike something vs. Praise when they do. You mention one instance where they listen to players in the past, but there's several still in the past where they don't. Nerfs being a very Prime example of that. Don't get me wrong, I also dislike the arbitration changes. Thing is there are several things I dislike, including rivens and now especially archgun rivens. But there are also things I DO like, such as updated PoE and ephemeras. They haven't gone bad, they actually haven't changed. Not sure if that's worse or not.

29 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

Or they are just listening to certain people more, not others, for whatever reason.

Like... maybe they listened to those who hated old melee, and want to coax us into gun play.

They listen to those who hate ability spam, and coax us into gun play by implementing increasing number of nullifier-style enemies (immune to abilities) instead of nox-style enemies (tanky but still susceptible to abilities). And patch out the Exploiter Orb nuke option. 

Like almost forgetting this is WARFRAME, where Warframe abilities should matter. And gradually turning endgame into call of duty in space. Where only staying alive matters, and thus someone can literally just grab Inaros, Rhino and Chroma and stop bothering with all else thereafter as these are the solution to most early (like relic farming) and endgame (eidolon and orb mother) problems. 

2 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

I think there's a difference between listening and accepting, just because DE haven't implemented suggestions doesn't mean they didn't listen to them.

From a development POV tweaking a few stats on a single weapon (and then rolling back those tweaks) is not comparable to reworking an entire mission type and then rolling back some aspects whilst keeping others and implementing new ones.

Just now, Kobrakai85 said:

He's right though.

How so? The melee changes are an objective improvement. Even dual-wielding is better, and I honestly expected it to be deleted. Now it's actually useable.

Do you... not like being able to swap weapons? Is aim-glide-block that important to you, and if so why not just go melee only so you can still do that?

Tl;dr What exactly did you lose from the melee improvement?

24 minutes ago, (PS4)GooseFromTheMoon said:

How so? The melee changes are an objective improvement. Even dual-wielding is better, and I honestly expected it to be deleted. Now it's actually useable.

Do you... not like being able to swap weapons? Is aim-glide-block that important to you, and if so why not just go melee only so you can still do that?

Tl;dr What exactly did you lose from the melee improvement?

It would take a long time to explain the many many MANY problems phase 1 of the melee rework has created, but if you're really that interested in it, here's a link to the thread: 

A quick rundown of some of the issues however would be losing control when jumping with a melee weapon due to autoblocking, autoblocking interfering with glaive weapons, autoblocking interfering with or making some mods and/or weapon passives unusable due to it's clunky and uncertain activation, exalted weapons like Valkyr's Talons switching on and off due to instant weapon switching, forced stance use when meleeing making some weapons unreliable due to some stances featuring large lunge and charge attacks that can be extremely problematic when it comes to areas with death drops, nullifiers, eximus enemies or heavy enemies with slam attacks etc. resulting in the choice of either not using that weapon or using a forma to change the stance to get rid of it, melee combos that use RMB being interrupted due to RMB now only working as gun aim instead of manual blocking, channelling now being difficult to maintain for the same reason (RMB will de-activate channelling because it switches to gun), slam attacks propelling enemies large distances making it difficult/nigh impossible to do ground finishers on them, movement flow being interrupted every time you want to switch to melee because you HAVE to perform a melee attack in order to switch to them to allow auto-blocking which nearly always results in your warframe coming to a complete stop and swinging their weapon at thin-air... shall I go on?

The communities suggestion to fixing all of these problems:  Add a Legacy Melee toggle in the options so we can choose to use melee 2.9 or use the old melee method, much like DE did with the Archwing flight controls after that was negatively received.  DE's response to all of this:  Complete silence.

Archived