Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unpopular Opinion: I like the new game mode shown off in the recent devstream.

OmgItsHongxD

Faster rotations, rewards, and scaling. A full squad will be within affinity range but be generally seperated. Personally, I think this will somewhat solve the problem of one player potentially killing off all the enemies before other teammates can get to them.

i like everything whats just different from the normal, the main reason why i like arbitations is because i can try out something what i wouldnt be able to do otherwise, the +300% strength is really fun, and ill say the same about this, and the little randomness where you either get a buff or debuff is just more fun for me 

• Like 1

Honestly the "problem" so far is that we only got to see this game mode with one player. We don't really know how it will unveil with a full squad.

But I agree it has some potential and I'm looking forward to it. Even though squishy frames will probably have a hard time with that game mode.

• Like 5

But at the end of the day, they're still the same old, dead boring defense missions in new clothing. Frankly, I'll take fetch quests at this point, since even that would potentially make better use of our hyperactive kids and insanely fast warframes than defense missions do ever will. I still don't understand why every single game mode DE releases lately is not taking advantage of this wonderful movement system we have, and instead could be copy pasted from literally any game created in the past, oh I dunno, 20 years.

• Like 4

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

But at the end of the day, they're still the same old, dead boring defense missions in new clothing.

True, definitely if you boil it down. If you don't, new enemies and new enemy mechanics. Possibly new loadouts. Since it's defending four points at once, unlike interception, since the point can actually be destroyed (vazarin and defense-point frame become more wanted). It's seperate from standard defense since your allies aren't concentrated in one single area (generally).

hyperactive kids and insanely fast warframes than defense missions do ever will. I still don't understand why every single game mode DE releases lately is not taking advantage of this wonderful movement system we have

I don't know about you but I regularly use void dash in normal missions and especially open worlds but, it's true we don't have something that is actively pushing us to use it.

• Like 2

Yeah pretty disheartening when an Uber Frame comes in 'one-shooting' everything in site making it next to impossible to rank up your weapons or other items. I did a mission where we had to crack the relic by sabotaging. The one guy was able to sprint almost 20 x faster than the rest of us and he finished made it to the end. I t literally took 5min.

I think anyone above Rank 30 (MOD's On) and MR 12 or higher should be put in with like players on Relic hunts and Infestations. Plus if they are there Bigger, Badder enemies spawn and f----you if you have a lower ranked frame that is not a tank.

Edited by SPEKTRE76

People already have an opinion on a game mode that isn't even out yet?

Just wait for them to release it and see how it actually works. After all Arbitrations where hyped as endgame content, too.

1 hour ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Faster rotations, rewards, and scaling. A full squad will be within affinity range but be generally seperated. Personally, I think this will somewhat solve the problem of one player potentially killing off all the enemies before other teammates can get to them.

It will push players to be more interactive because of that, I'm just leary of the new meta that's going to be created for that mission type.

There will always be a new meta for new modes but with how performance effects rewards, things are gonna get toxic real fast.

I'm more interested in rewards and reward structure. I don't want another Infested Salvage that is now a dead game mode due to the only good rewards were the Nidus parts. And the stream getting Preassure Point and the complete silent awkwardness when asked about the rewards does not bring me confidence.

3 hours ago, uxx0 said:

People already have an opinion on a game mode that isn't even out yet?

Just wait for them to release it and see how it actually works. After all Arbitrations where hyped as endgame content, too.

Basing it just on opinions I saw in the reddit devstream discussion on the day of and some comments I've seen in recent threads. I'm not thinking it's going to be "end game". Just looks like a good game mode based on what I've seen.

3 hours ago, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

The thing hasn't even been released yet right? So how can your opinion be unpopular, or did I miss the part where everyone hated something they didn't even try yet because I'll be honest that seems common around these parts 

Basing it just on opinions I saw in the reddit devstream discussion on the day of and some comments I've seen in recent threads.

3 hours ago, MagPrime said:

It will push players to be more interactive because of that, I'm just leary of the new meta that's going to be created for that mission type.

There will always be a new meta for new modes but with how performance effects rewards, things are gonna get toxic real fast.

Yup, this will not be something to go into Pub with and expect good things.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)dude1286 said:

I'm more interested in rewards and reward structure. I don't want another Infested Salvage that is now a dead game mode due to the only good rewards were the Nidus parts. And the stream getting Preassure Point and the complete silent awkwardness when asked about the rewards does not bring me confidence.

Agreed, however, I didn't like the first tileset for Infested salvage. Where it had mult-layer rooms. Even if it rewarded well enough, I wouldn't visit. The new game mode, from just my experience of seeing it in the stream, looks fun as maybe a place to bring along a weapon you recently forma'd, a build you want to play around with, or just go to out of boredom.

I don't dig on it to much because the reward was a PRESSURE POINT! That tells me it will be somewhat difficult potentially while just as unrewarding as the easier things we have to do. A fun and challenging game mode is a great idea, but only if you get rewarded proplerly for doing it, and Endo, Statues, and crappy mods do not count. Give us built potatoes, Forma Kuva, REAL END GAME THINGS THAT MAKE IT WORTH DOING! Which I know they wont do as I have been through this before so I wont be playing it most likely, Wanna waste your time go ahead and be my guest but if your not being rewarded you will abandon it the same as most veterans like myself will as soon as we see the awful loot table...

Just now, (XB1)Zweimander said:

I don't dig on it to much because the reward was a PRESSURE POINT! That tells me it will be somewhat difficult potentially while just as unrewarding as the easier things we have to do. A fun and challenging game mode is a great idea, but only if you get rewarded proplerly for doing it, and Endo, Statues, and crappy mods do not count. Give us built potatoes, Forma Kuva, REAL END GAME THINGS THAT MAKE IT WORTH DOING! Which I know they wont do as I have been through this before so I wont be playing it most likely, Wanna waste your time go ahead and be my guest but if your not being rewarded you will abandon it the same as most veterans like myself will as soon as we see the awful loot table...

They said on stream that rewards haven't even been touched yet for it

Just now, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

They said on stream that rewards haven't even been touched yet for it

Look at their track record though. Do you think they will actually make it rewarding and scale up faster with somewhat scaling rewards? DE has abandoned the veterans and I have no faith in this new game mode unless I get a full list of rewards that are endgame worthy and not a bunch of fackin Endo and statues like usual. I may be a bitter veteran but I am also realistic one and Steve has already said that he is catering to newer players because that is where the money is. Henceforth this game mode is already dead in the water for many people until we get it through DE's skull that endgame does matter, and you have to reward people who play endgame properly or they will not want to play the game at all.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Look at their track record though. Do you think they will actually make it rewarding and scale up faster with somewhat scaling rewards? DE has abandoned the veterans and I have no faith in this new game mode unless I get a full list of rewards that are endgame worthy and not a bunch of fackin Endo and statues like usual. I may be a bitter veteran but I am also realistic one and Steve has already said that he is catering to newer players because that is where the money is. Henceforth this game mode is already dead in the water for many people until we get it through DE's skull that endgame does matter, and you have to reward people who play endgame properly or they will not want to play the game at all.

If your a veteran then that usually means you have everything, so what is this reward your after that would be so go for you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

We do have fissures, AABCCCCC arbitrations, and recently got the exploiter orb/thumpers (I doubt I'll ever have to mine, fish, or farm toroids ever again). I wouldn't throw it under the rug just yet.

Just now, tCartmant said:

If your a veteran then that usually means you have everything, so what is this reward your after that would be so go for you?

Cosmetics is the proper reply and I doubt anyone would say no. But anyone who plays grinding games for rewards - anything that can boost power even further (powercreep), would be a better reward. I wouldn't mind seeing larger quantities of Kuva tbh but that's not going to change anytime soon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tCartmant said:

Oh that's simple, Kuva for re rolling my plethora of rivens and giving me things to chase and customize. New exclusive mods to bring my game up even more and increase build diversity even more that aren't piss weak like most of the arbitration mods. Powerful exclusive weapon drops and the new Aura forma and maybe even a chance at Umbral forma with a very low drop chance to spice things up. Then you just make it as difficult as possible and scale ridiculously fast so veterans builds are stressed quicker and we can really see how far they can go. Perhaps another exclusive weapon that is top tier instead of meh like the Braton and Lato Vandal. And most importantly do not make it easier for newer players and make it truly endgame so that if a new player even gets blinked at they die.

You could call me elitist and you would be a right HOWEVER I would not be so critical if they would just give min/maxers ONE game mode just for them and figth back agaainst the "I WANT IT NOW! MAKE IT EASIER SO I CAN HAVE IT!" crowd. It's not to much to ask, we want brutal difficulty and rewards to match it (Atleast most of the other vets I know do anyway) and I am up for the challenge. Make the rewards juicy and you attract the best prey to come at it, which DE has just been doing the opposite. Also since fashin frame is the true endgame as well throw some unique cosmetics that show off how BA you are and make other wish they could have them but cant until they get better and can do it. I am a simple man, I just want a nice rewarding challenge and DE has pushed me into a corner where their is no endgame by neglecting endgame on purpose.

9 minutes ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

We do have fissures, AABCCCCC arbitrations, and recently got the exploiter orb/thumpers (I doubt I'll ever have to mine, fish, or farm toroids ever again). I wouldn't throw it under the rug just yet.

Cosmetics is the proper reply and I doubt anyone would say no. But anyone who plays grinding games for rewards - anything that can boost power even further (powercreep), would be a better reward. I wouldn't mind seeing larger quantities of Kuva tbh but that's not going to change anytime soon.

Arbitration's are not endgame, they were once upon a time before they were sissified by DE for the betterment of those carried through the starchart but no more. Nothing as brutal as brutal as veterans have actually wanted has yet to even be considered by DE, but arbitration's was close. It had one life and started off at high levels but scaled slower making any potential saticfaction kaput. And it had rewards but rewards that for the most part were useless to the people who had the ability to do them, if they had put in a bunch some unique and powerful rewards and started it off at level 100 with normal scaling it would of been a candidate. but they made it casual just like everything else and even admitted to the slower scaling so they know it themselves without a doubt. Kuva and statues with a hand full of good mods and the rest of the rewards being bad and MR fodder does not make a good endgame reward pool. If your not getting something desirable every rotation and being truly tested then it is just an illusion of difficulty.

I don´t really dislike it yet but it doesn´t really look very innovative for me either. Defend something (again) but now with some sort of Sortie/Nigthmare modifier. Some people might say "if the rewards are good everything is fine" but if I remember correctly arbitration offers one of the most op mods in the game even for "veteran" player and yet the game mode wasn´t recieved that well.

I´m more interested in that semi competetive k-drive race (mission?) stuff they talked about a while ago.

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I haven't followed devstreams much lately. What's this new mode?

Think Interception but points tighter together and defense nodes, instead of intercept points. With random debuffs/buffs when each node is activated. You can run one at a time (one rotation each, it looks like) or all four at the same time. Will come with corpus gas city tile rework and new enemies.

11 minutes ago, Silver_Shadow_Kaze said:

Think Interception but points tighter together and defense nodes, instead of intercept points. With random debuffs/buffs when each node is activated. You can run one at a time (one rotation each, it looks like) or all four at the same time. Will come with corpus gas city tile rework and new enemies.

Almost sounds to me like they're going to end up bringing back Draco, Ceres if the points are close enough to one another. I could've sworn they were trying to kill this kind of gameplay. 😛

Mechanically, it sounds like it could be fun. I'm pretty interested to see how it turns out.

21 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

But at the end of the day, they're still the same old, dead boring defense missions in new clothing. Frankly, I'll take fetch quests at this point, since even that would potentially make better use of our hyperactive kids and insanely fast warframes than defense missions do ever will. I still don't understand why every single game mode DE releases lately is not taking advantage of this wonderful movement system we have, and instead could be copy pasted from literally any game created in the past, oh I dunno, 20 years.

Dude, you are a NINJA. Pls stay at this point for 60 minutes and babysit that drone like a real BADDA$$ 🤣