Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Umbra...

We do not have a Deluxe skin. The Proto skins are a different class of skins all together, this includes Proto Excal, Nyx and Volt, maybe Valkyr's also considered Proto but not sure, which is why we are getting a Nyx Deluxe in the next update.

So it's most likely we will still see a proper Deluxe for Excalibur. As for if it's for Umbra or Prime I honestly doubt DE will ever differentiate. Would be much better for DE to just allow for the turning off of Umbra's scarf and his "Prime" (or in this case Umbra) details like normal Primes so that the every skin actually fits well... but one can dream...

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, (NSW)EsenGaming said:

I know that Excal already has a deluxe skin, but what if DE adds a Excalibur Umbra deluxe skin and an Excalibur Prime deluxe skin for the vets

Do you want Skins that look like Excal Umbra and Excal Prime?
For Excal Prime this will never happen. And why would DE make a skin that looks like a Warframe? Just use the Warframe... it's that easy.

5 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Do you want Skins that look like Excal Umbra and Excal Prime?
For Excal Prime this will never happen. And why would DE make a skin that looks like a Warframe? Just use the Warframe... it's that easy.

No i wish there was skins for them

32 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

The Proto skins are a different class of skins all together

What are you even talking about?

I mean, DE disagree completely with you. When Rebecca showcased the second Nyx Deluxe skin, she said "Nyx is getting a second Deluxe skin", not "finally Nyx is receiving a Deluxe skin, we all know that her current deluxe-purchased skin doesn't count as Deluxe". She said "second Deluxe skin" because the Nyx Nemesis skin is a Deluxe skin.

Same goes for Excalibur's Proto and Volt's Proto skins.

They are Deluxe skins. End of the story.

per de they will add a deluxe for excalibur and nyx, as the skins they have fall under proto deluxe

per DE all frames are to get a Deluxe skin and a Proto deluxe skin , so stands to reason a deluxe normal skin will appear someday that can be applied to excalibur umbra 

but no a prime skin will not happen 

Excalibur prime is the prime variation of Excalibur warframe, but its restricted specifically to founders, the founders program is no longer available and will not be returning due to exclusivity of the founders content.  in any shape or form
umbra is the general upgrade for the rest of us

unknown.png

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

What If DE adds deluxe skins only equipable on Excalbur Prime, and deluxe skins only equipable on Excalbur Umbra?

Some founders (small subset of player) won't buy the skin for Excalibur Prime, those who do won't be enough to really justify DE spending the time making it.

Some players who aren't founders (large subset of players) will kick up a fuss about there being a deluxe skin only equipable on Excalibur Prime; because they can't have Excalibur Prime, they therefore can't have and use the skin.

For the hypothetical skin for Excalibur Umbra, there are a couple scenarios:

• Some newer player who hasn't played the quests up to Excalibur Umbra will find the skin in the market, and buy it if they can, then not be able to equip it, ornot be able to buy it in the first place; the player will then spoil the quests for themselves when trying to find out why they can't use the skin. Repeat scenario n number of times.
  • Some newer player will never see the skin in the market because it isn't visible until they complete the quest, and will never see it later since it wasn't there when they first  really searched through the market. They never end up buying it, making it a waste of DE's time, again. Repeat scenario n number of times.

Of the two ideas, the Excalibur Umbra one isn't quite the train wreck the other would be, but still begs the question of "Why?". Why make the skin exclusive to Excalibur Umbra? Does that make it a better skin? Does it make it more popular? Or does it just limit how many people can and will use it?

"But Excalibur Prime is boring/ugly!"
Well, DE might be convinced to improve his design someday, but that runs the risk of upsetting however many founders there are who do like the look of the current Excalibur Prime. This could be fixed easily with a toggle though, so it still a solid option. It all is unlikely to happen until most of the founders, all at once, give feedback that they would like the model improved; this feedback would have the most impact if timed so that the improved model could be released for Warframe's Anniversary in March 25.

Edited by Nomayonnaiseinireland

3 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

"But Excalibur Prime is boring/ugly!"
Well, DE might be convinced to improve his design someday, but that runs the risk of upsetting however many founders who do like the looked of the current Excalibur Prime. It could be fixed easily with a toggle though, so it still a solid option. It is unlikely to happen until most of the founders, all at once, give feedback that they would like the model improved; this feedback would have the most impact if timed so that the improved model could be released for Warframe's Anniversary in March 25.

And then Non-Founders get upset because DE spends time on Excalibur Prime.
Let's be real here: DE should just never touch Excal Prime again. Founders got what they paid for, and that's it. DE just can't do anything that would work out in their favor, when it comes to Excal Prime. Letting it rest is the best option.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

And then Non-Founders get upset because DE spends time on Excalibur Prime.
Let's be real here: DE should just never touch Excal Prime again. Founders got what they paid for, and that's it. DE just can't do anything that would work out in their favor, when it comes to Excal Prime. Letting it rest is the best option. 

This is a risk, but it can be mostly avoided by DE not announcing the change often before releasing it, and only giving it a short line of announcement in the hotfix notes when they release it, under "changes" heading. If players don't know, they don't care. If they find out months later, who will have the energy to be riled up together?

"Founders got what they paid for" is a tough argument to fight, but think of it like this; the players respect DE as much as the players feel DE respects them, and the more mutual respect there is, the more the game is recommended, and the more the community grows. Do you recommend any games worth playing that treated their founders poorly?
DE already has some precedent for this. Skana prime and Lato prime have been retouched a number of times for stat buff, customization, and modding.

This is a risk, but it can be mostly avoided by DE not announcing the change often before releasing it,

Yeah have DE not mention anything when they change something. Players will have a field day on them because of that. 

2 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

This is a risk, but it can be mostly avoided by DE not announcing the change often before releasing it, and only giving it a short line of announcement in the hotfix notes when they release it, under "changes" heading. If players don't know, they don't care. If they find out months later, who will have the energy to be riled up together?

Or DE can just not  slap most of their players in the face.
There is just no reason at all why DE should invest more time into Excal Prime. And there are only a few Founders in the game. DE has just nothing to win from this. They can only lose in this situation.
Why would they want to do that?

DE already has some precedent for this. Skana prime and Lato prime have been retouched a number of times for stat buff, customization, and modding.

Changing some existing values is easy. Just roll a dice and put the in there whatever you want.
Making a skin is a lot of work, takes time and all. And then, in the end, they would basically come up with a skin, that could be used on every Excalibur, but it's only for Excal Prime... Not the best idea.

5 minutes ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

"Founders got what they paid for" is a tough argument to fight, but think of it like this; the players respect DE as much as the players feel DE respects them, and the more mutual respect there is, the more the game is recommended, and the more the community grows. Do you recommend any games worth playing that treated their founders poorly?

And if they worked more on Excal Prime, the community would have more respect for DE? Don't think so. DE would lose all the respect the community had for them.

Btw. I want to remind you that I am a Founder. I am against a new skin for Excal Prime. This should tell you atleast something...

I mean, an actual deluxe skin for excal would be pretty sweet. No need to make specific ones for Excal prime and normal Excal. I REALLY don't see why that would be suggested in any way.

Edited by Nihillian

58 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Yeah have DE not mention anything when they change something. Players will have a field day on them because of that. 

"Not mentioning anything" "and "not mentioning often" are a bit different.

57 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And if they worked more on Excal Prime, the community would have more respect for DE? Don't think so. DE would lose all the respect the community had for them.

Btw. I want to remind you that I am a Founder. I am against a new skin for Excal Prime. This should tell you atleast something...

As someone who would have more respect for DE after this hypothetical action, and as a non-founder, here is why I am for it; the dedication to continue to support the founders reflects dedication to support the game as a whole.

So, as member of the community myself, I can say for a fact this is cynical hyperbole. Does that mean updating Excal prime's model isn't a bad move? I can't say.

I can only say that if

1. the vast majority (75-80%+) of founders called for an updated model for Excalibur Prime and
  2. DE did not respect that wish,
  3. I personally would respect DE less.

If you speak for as an example of founders as a whole though, it obviously wouldn't be necessary to begin with.

47 minutes ago, Nihillian said:

I mean, an actual deluxe skin for excal would be pretty sweet. No need to make specific ones for Excal prime and normal Excal. I REALLY don't see why that would be suggested in any way.

ok but just the body for more details not the key face which looks awesome on its own

ok so the chances of DE adding skins that only work on a particular frame (umbra, prime etc.) are not going to happen. The first reason being prime exclusive skins for Excalibur would alienate a majority of the player base and that would be a very poor marketing decision as it would cause a large uproar by non founders. Skins cost money and are used for making money. There are a lot of founders who simply don't play anymore so the amount of money they could bring in vs the amount of money for a general public release of a skin is so small it's not even a consideration.

Second all skins for standard Excal work on Umbra so their is no need to lock anything to Umbra specifically. Part of the draw for skins and customization is to attempt to incentivize players into spending money to make things look cool. An umbra exclusive skin would lock out players who have yet to have him and thus block them from potentially spending money on said cosmetic. As umbra is current a "late game" frame to acquire and is not purchasable by any other means it would not be cost effective to lock any skin to him. This is the same reason why there are no prime only skins except the prime skin itself. That skin differentiates a prime Excal from a non Prime so you know at a glance which it is. Some frames have the addition of prime armor or bling that shows up on all skins regardless of prime or not (Banshee Prime's shoulder is a good example.) However to lock something to a prime (or in this case umbra) would again alienate players who don't yet have it. Thus cutting down on potential revenue.

TL;DR it wont happen because it wouldn't be cost effective and it wouldn't bring in as much money as a skin for regular Excal would.

5 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

What are you even talking about?

I mean, DE disagree completely with you. When Rebecca showcased the second Nyx Deluxe skin, she said "Nyx is getting a second Deluxe skin", not "finally Nyx is receiving a Deluxe skin, we all know that her current deluxe-purchased skin doesn't count as Deluxe". She said "second Deluxe skin" because the Nyx Nemesis skin is a Deluxe skin.

Same goes for Excalibur's Proto and Volt's Proto skins.

They are Deluxe skins. End of the story.

Rebecca also said the Lato and Braton Vandal wouldn't return, and remain exclusive to those who have them. She's not exactly at the forefront of decision making all the time.

All other Deluxe skins alter the Warframe significantly. No Excalibur skin replaces Umbral bits. He doesn't have a Deluxe.

I actually was expecting his Dax skin to have a slightly more flashy body to essentially be a free annual Deluxe.. but nope.

As for making Umbral a skin? You want this for your regular Excal why?

Prime wont happen. I'm sure there's founders selling their accounts, but don't be surprised if you fork out $1000+ and get permanent banned later.

Founders were fighting to use Prime on Umbra, & it has nothing to do with other players, I could care less if DE allowed it out of respect.

Edited by (NSW)Evilpricetag

11 hours ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

Do you recommend any games worth playing that treated their founders poorly?

Not giving "moar" is not poor treatment. Breaking the exclusivity promise is. And DE still keep their promise.

11 hours ago, Nomayonnaiseinireland said:

Excal Prime had been reworked along with regular Excal in 2015, then received additional armor buff in 2018. And what do you mean by customization retouch? PBR treatment? Excal Prime has received it as well.

10 hours ago, (NSW)EsenGaming said:

Each time i go into the simulacrum and use friendly fire on and i go into "spoiler" mode Umbra starts attacking me till im dead, please fix this

You should post your topics in appropriate sections (bug reports in this case), not just dump everything here.

23 hours ago, _Kiro said:

We do not have a Deluxe skin. The Proto skins are a different class of skins all together, this includes Proto Excal, Nyx and Volt, maybe Valkyr's also considered Proto but not sure, which is why we are getting a Nyx Deluxe in the next update.

So it's most likely we will still see a proper Deluxe for Excalibur. As for if it's for Umbra or Prime I honestly doubt DE will ever differentiate. Would be much better for DE to just allow for the turning off of Umbra's scarf and his "Prime" (or in this case Umbra) details like normal Primes so that the every skin actually fits well... but one can dream...

Yeah the scarf and new look was awesome at first but I miss looking like a classic Excal sometimes.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

I'd like it if...

- Umbra had a Toggle Umbra Details option like the Prime Warframes have
- Umbra's scarf was an Auxiliary attachment cosmetic, and there were more scarves available in the Market

Prime warframes do not have a toggle for their prime details. What you're referring too is those certain primes that has shoulder armor like Oberon Prime but that isn't only exclusive to primes. Frost also has his own base shoulder armor.

I do like the idea of Excal Prime's scar being an auxiliary attachment or just having scarfs as a cosmetic as a whole.