Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the heck do I get nitain now?

LiaKap

Question

Well now that both alerts and nightwave is gone, how the heck do I get nitain? I just came back to warframe after a long break. Why did they replace alerts with something that wasn't permanent? help

Edited by LiaKap

25 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, LiaKap said:

how the heck do I get nitain?

Look at this site, it tells you where to find it: Nitain Extract

Basically, you have to farm caches (you need all three). The other option is wait for Ghoul bounties to return, which shouldn't be too long. Nightwave is currently 'on a break' for 'reasons'. DE said it would improve people's attitudes towards it. But I am not sure how effective that will actually be, with the unspecified return date and the fact we have no way to farm auras and helmets now.

• Like 1

There is a thing called nightwave

It's like a battle pass that you fill with rep(no cap) and it has a special credit system per season, with 15 of those credits you get 5 nitain

At the moment season one just ended and we are waiting for season 2

Go on YouTube and search for nightwave if you want more explanation about this thing

15 minutes ago, (PS4)prestonerLOL said:

There is a thing called nightwave

It's like a battle pass that you fill with rep(no cap) and it has a special credit system per season, with 15 of those credits you get 5 nitain

At the moment season one just ended and we are waiting for season 2

Go on YouTube and search for nightwave if you want more explanation about this thing

um, Nightwave is over.  ghoul bounties will most likely be the best way now.

10 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Its something I just realised on my smurf account. There is literally absolutely no way for new players to get Nitain... like at all...

Except Ghoul Purges and Void Sabotages. 

I understand that these aren't the most reliable ways to get Nitain and I know this because my switch account is a fresh one. However, there are tons of other things that don't require Nitain that you can use and farm for while you wait for the ghouls to pop up.

I suggest do other things while you wait for the Ghouls to come back and don't bother with Void sabotage. The drop rate on those are really low and I would only suggest you do that if you have a squad to run with that can do them quickly and if you are also farming Unvaulted Relics.

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Except nothing... There is absolutely no way of Getting Nitain...

If you're going to contribute something pointless and un-useful, don't bother contributing. This is players helping players, not Lutesque making snide comments.

As others stated caches and ghouls are the only ways to get extract till more nightwave stuff. Which to be fair sucks since the drop rates are bad.  But once we get more nightwave seasons and you can again mass farm medals and you can exchange medals for extract.  I suggest stockpiling when you get the chance as we get more seasons.  I stockpiled extract, reactors, and catalysts.  For players that have been playing and grinding for a long time the only use for the medals is literally extract and reactors/catalysts.

I personally feel like the medals for extract is a better system then how they where alert rewards that where only up for 45 minutes.  Most of the time i would be asleep, at work, or just away and unable to do said alerts.

As long as there isn't too big a down time between seasons I think this system works better for the game in the long run.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

Только что, AlirezaDeadshot сказал:

or a better question would be, where the hell do i get orokin catalyst / reactor blueprint?

Market, Invasions (sometimes) or Gift of the Lotus alerts (usually right after a Devstream). These two resources were never easy to get due to obvious reasons.

16 hours ago, LiaKap said:

Well now that both alerts and nightwave is gone, how the heck do I get nitain? I just came back to warframe after a long break. Why did they replace alerts with something that wasn't permanent? help

Series 2 will probably start today, as part of the Jovian Concord update. However, you'll still have to earn credits, in order, to get the Nitain Extract from Cred Offerings. The only hope I can give you for speed is this line from Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2: "We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!"

Also, from the Wiki:
Missions:
Ghoul Bounty (15-25, 40-50, 40-50)
Sabotage (T1, T2, T3, Void 1, Void 2)
Exterminate (Kuva, Lua)

Other:
Nightwave Offerings 
Wolf of Saturn Six 0.13%

Welcome back and good luck, Tenno.

9 hours ago, JackYoujo said:

Wasn't there a gift from lotus which included 10 or 15 nitain extract last week or the week before?

Last weekend. If only we had a system where people didn't need to follow alerts... But hey I got my alert done. 

On 2019-05-22 at 7:43 PM, Tennossee_Williams said:

Series 2 will probably start today, as part of the Jovian Concord update. However, you'll still have to earn credits, in order, to get the Nitain Extract from Cred Offerings. The only hope I can give you for speed is this line from Dev Workshop - Nightwave Changes for Series 2: "We are also looking at front-loading more Cred with the next Series to increase the initial amount of Creds received for participating!"

Also, from the Wiki:
Missions:
Ghoul Bounty (15-25, 40-50, 40-50)
Sabotage (T1, T2, T3, Void 1, Void 2)
Exterminate (Kuva, Lua)

Other:
Nightwave Offerings 
Wolf of Saturn Six 0.13%

Welcome back and good luck, Tenno.

Those are all really bad stats for a starting player..

I have been trying to get the xiphos part in the sabotage mission..

where also the nitain drops.. 30 missions on.. still no nitain..i dont mind, but for a beginning player that might be a little overwhelming..

on the other hand.. we recently received 10 nitain in gift of the lotus and 2 for watching the dev stream.. so on the other hand 12 in a weekend.. i a whole lot more than we had before.. 12 nitain would take a month for it to drop in the alerts..if not longer

Edited by THE_ZEEK

2 hours ago, (PS4)prestonerLOL said:

It is and yes they are the most efficient way now,the other way it's to farm rare containers on sabotage and the lua extermination

You took a month to respond and only to repeat the first commenter. Also Nightwave has returned since OP posted and has nitain. Not sure why you are agreeing that it's over.

Or maybe you just have the worst ping in the world and took 30days to go through.