Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally get Wisp and have never been so angry with this game

Vermashank

After 21 successful solo runs, 1-2 bugged solo runs, 1 pub group which I shall never speak of again, and 3 attempts with my main and realised he ain't cutting it, I am done with the Rope-a-dope-a-lyst. I really like the new Jupiter tile set. Boss fight has nice mechanics and I enjoyed it. 

I think it was the repetition of the VO from Natah, the image on the side of the screen really did a number on my eyes and sometimes flat out got obtrusive when i needed to figure out the parkour. The clipping issues with the boss on towers began to grate. Various attempt ending bugs, and just rng not going in my favour. My love of the game got overcome with the sheer frustration of not being able to hit a 1 in 5 chance of Wisp BP. 

I've been lucky before and gotten frames in 4-7 runs against a boss, laughed and walked away. This time after about run 15, every time I saw the result screen it was playing "Hello darkness, my old friend". 

Rng is Rng, welcome to grinding warframe, but this experience got me thinking that is there a way the client (player), could tell the server how many unique items from this boss it has. My thinking is that a boss has 9 drops. Client connects and gives its card to the server of previous rewards. Server will then not consider those rewards when deciding on the pool for end of mission. It would give a total number of missions to run until you get everything and may help cut down on this frustration. Issues arise with mixed groups etc, but i trust the devs to figure out the maths, if it is even workable at all.

TLDR;

Got wisp, if I never see fried chicken again it's too soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vermashank said:

I think it was the repetition of the VO from Natah, the image on the side of the screen really did a number on my eyes and sometimes flat out got obtrusive when i needed to figure out the parkour. The clipping issues with the boss on towers began to grate. Various attempt ending bugs, and just rng not going in my favour. My love of the game got overcome with the sheer frustration of not being able to hit a 1 in 5 chance of Wisp BP. 

it has been repeated many times to remove such video but they haven't remove it at all..

5 successful runs (incl. 3 main BPs), 4 botched runs due to bugs, but more to come as I still need chassis... that being said, not nearly as grindy as 53 runs for Mag "helmet" back when Crewman Nef was guarding her parts and the BPs actually "dropped" on the floor and you had to pick up the glowing pink orb... Good times!

However, if DE would just fix the horrible "teleporting back to spawn when you fall off the boss' platform" bug, or the "teleport 5 rooms back if you fall en route to the boss room" bug, or the "oops! Ropalyst is now invincible" bug, then this fight would actually be enjoyable and not feel nearly as grindy as getting Mag parts from the late Crewman Nef.

51 minutes ago, Thunder_Chief said:

5 successful runs (incl. 3 main BPs), 4 botched runs due to bugs, but more to come as I still need chassis... that being said, not nearly as grindy as 53 runs for Mag "helmet" back when Crewman Nef was guarding her parts and the BPs actually "dropped" on the floor and you had to pick up the glowing pink orb... Good times!

However, if DE would just fix the horrible "teleporting back to spawn when you fall off the boss' platform" bug, or the "teleport 5 rooms back if you fall en route to the boss room" bug, or the "oops! Ropalyst is now invincible" bug, then this fight would actually be enjoyable and not feel nearly as grindy as getting Mag parts from the late Crewman Nef.

ugh. dont remind me of those days of yore when part blueprints could fall into a pit and be gone forever. that was literally the worst.

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Vermashank:

Rng is Rng, welcome to grinding warframe, but this experience got me thinking that is there a way the client (player), could tell the server how many unique items from this boss it has. My thinking is that a boss has 9 drops. Client connects and gives its card to the server of previous rewards. Server will then not consider those rewards when deciding on the pool for end of mission. It would give a total number of missions to run until you get everything and may help cut down on this frustration. Issues arise with mixed groups etc, but i trust the devs to figure out the maths, if it is even workable at all.

TLDR;

Got wisp, if I never see fried chicken again it's too soon. 

A easy solution is a token system you get a warframe part as before but also a token like the virtus essence in arbitration. Then in some shop you can buy the wisp parts with for example 5-10 tokens. So you limit the max times someone has to run the missions to get all parts.

7 hours ago, (PS4)joehan1287 said:

A easy solution is a token system you get a warframe part as before but also a token like the virtus essence in arbitration. Then in some shop you can buy the wisp parts with for example 5-10 tokens. So you limit the max times someone has to run the missions to get all parts.

The fact that almost all warframe BP drops are slightly skewed (usually it's something like 21%/27%/27% instead of 3x25%) suggests that this is a very planned design strategy - for whatever reasons* - and makes me suspect DE is not likely to change that system anytime soon.

From a personal perspective, the trick is not to look at a single frame. As OP said he has several frames that only took a handful of runs. So frame X may have been hard to get, but combined with frames A-W the average number of runs per frame is likely to be close to the expected number.

* excess BPs are a source of credit generation, if you took out the excess BPs (or reduced them) without introducing another source of credits from drops, the Index would likely get a lot busier than it already is. Boss nodes would also get less busy as a result of anything that reduces the average number of runs needed, which would make it harder for people to find a pub squad on those nodes.