Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many multi-platform Tenno are there?

Wrathoc

Howdy Tenno,

I've seen the stat that there are about 50 million of us out there but I'm curious if anyone knows how many play on multiple systems? Tried hunting around but can't find any numbers. 

Thank you,

Wrathoc

Yes. I play primarily on PC (MR22), but I'm MR 16 on PS4 and MR 9 on Nintendo Switch.

I'll be in heaven if they let me merge them all into one cross-save account.

Edit: I'd play on XBONE, but it's not a true free to play there. This reason also happens to be the ONLY thing stopping me from buying an XBONE.

Edited by Kahrain
XBONE

I currently play on PC and Switch. I was able to copy my PC over when Switch-Frame launched but since then the two have diverged quite a bit. Result is I'm trying out different builds and gear on the different platforms and it got me wondering how many other players do? I know a few as well as know some of the Partners play on multiple platforms. I've seen about half the player base has a PC account, just haven't seen anything on how many have say PC/PS4 or XBox/Switch or what ever combination fits them.

5 hours ago, Kahrain said:

Yes. I play primarily on PC (MR22), but I'm MR 16 on PS4 and MR 9 on Nintendo Switch.

I'll be in heaven if they let me merge them all into one cross-save account.

Edit: I'd play on XBONE, but it's not a true free to play there. This reason also happens to be the ONLY thing stopping me from buying an XBONE.

You mean the "XBox Live Subscription required" thing?  They even demand that for free games?  Ouch.

I only play in PS4. Barely have time for one account, for me it would be a waste of time to play on multiple platforms.

11 hours ago, EmberStar said:

You mean the "XBox Live Subscription required" thing?  They even demand that for free games?  Ouch.

As far as I know you need that to play with others, if you don't have Live, you can only play Solo. Which is the reason I wouldn't buy an Xbox, even if cross-save will be available. These kind of aggressive sales tactics are infuriating.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I only play in PS4. Barely have time for one account, for me it would be a waste of time to play on multiple platforms.

As far as I know you need that to play with others, if you don't have Live, you can only play Solo. Which is the reason I wouldn't buy an Xbox, even if cross-save will be available. These kind of aggressive sales tactics are infuriating.

I don't know for sure how Playstaion or XBox handles online stuff.  I know the Switch changed it so that purchased games require Nintendo Online (there was a lot of grumbling about Splatoon 2 switching to that for Multiplayer) but somehow Warframe is excluded as a free game.  I know I don't have Nintendo Online, and I could still play Warframe last time I checked.  I just don't really like dealing with a controller, and I don't have time to grind through and get stuff for free on the Switch while also playing on PC.  (And I can't afford to buy everything twice.)

If they ever added cross platform progression though, I'd be happy to allow my Switch account to catch back up to my PC account.  It would be doubly awesome (but probably unlikely) if they could come up with a plan that allows cross-platform Tennogen unlocks.  I have a huge amount of Tennogen, and the discovery that *all* of it was stripped during the account copy process is a big part of why I instantly stopped trying to play on the Swtich.  (Nearly as big as my dislike for controllers.)

• Like 1

Mr26 on PS4 mr22 on PC...

I thought about buying a switch when it first came out there to do the PC copy but never got around to it in time.  I play mostly on PC now but keeping PS4 account alive for ps5.  After getting used to playing on PC the most painful thing going back to PS4 is the load time PS5 should deal with that...

If Google stadia works out and Warframe eventually gets added it could be fun to play Warframe on the go on my phone occasionally.

I started and find myself at home on the XB1. I got on the PS4 and the Switch as I enjoyed the game and had friends that wanted me to show them the ropes on those systems.

But I started on the XB1 and if not for all the money I get for that system that I put in, I enjoy it the most. PS4 be tempting me to put money in....but so far, not happened. And the Switch....if I could figure out how to get my money from the DS to the Switch, I would be buying it all.

I got 3 accounts and my sons have 1 on the XB1 each. None on the other systems.

13 hours ago, EmberStar said:

If they ever added cross platform progression though, I'd be happy to allow my Switch account to catch back up to my PC account.  It would be doubly awesome (but probably unlikely) if they could come up with a plan that allows cross-platform Tennogen unlocks.  I have a huge amount of Tennogen, and the discovery that *all* of it was stripped during the account copy process is a big part of why I instantly stopped trying to play on the Swtich.  (Nearly as big as my dislike for controllers.)

The cosmetics will be one of the issues if cross-save will be a thing. I don't know if the legal background allows the transfer of Tennogen in a situation like this. The platform exclusive stuff won't transfer, that's for sure. 

And if cross-save happens while pc is still ahead of the console versions, and new mods, cosmetics, etc. you got on pc won't show up on console until the update comes, there will be a bug that deletes all your new stuff earned on pc when you log in from your console account. Remember this, you heard this from me first!