Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, AnonMarc said:

Remember time zones exist, DE uses Eastern Standard time(i think) so to them its the 13th still.

You would be correct. For those "on the other side of the pound", DE's offices are in London Ontario Canada, with a Eastern Daylight Saves Time zone. At time of my post it would make it Thursday June 13th at about 8pm (I am further west and two hours behind them). Ya do not ask, as we do this goofy thing were we go back a hour in Fall, thus calling it Standard time, then zip ahead a hour in spring calling it daylight saving time. I say stuff a potato in all this damn back and forth and be done with it.

Hey guys, please keep the rules in mind when posting. If you have a complaint about how another user is acting and feel as though they are violating the rules, report it and move on. Do not respond to them, do not antagonize them. If necessary, add them to your Ignored Users List

It doesn't matter if you're 'defending' yourself or others, it doesn't matter who said what first. If another user is violating the rules, if another user insults or attacks you, be the better person and report their behavior and add them to your ignore list.

I have done some cleaning to the thread. If you feel your post was removed in error, please feel free to send me a private message and we can discuss it. If there are posts you believe that should be removed but have not, use the 'report' button on the post to bring it to our attention.

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, ShimakazePrPr said:

Is there an update about the situation so that we can know how long we are still going to wait? 

I expect that even if they had a tentative idea of when it can be released they will keep quiet. Just look at the backlash and platform wars that were finally moderated here.

I was annoyed now I just feel sorry for DE. Making a game that can in fact be played for zero costs if you do the grind has turned into a monster of whining for some complaint from others and downright idiocy and trolling from a few people that I mistakenly assumed to be gamers???. I am simply stunned by the nonsense even though it did briefly amuse me yesterday whilst I drank my coffee reading some of the comments.

Anyways I am still hoping for it to be released sooner than later. I would love to see what I can build with a plague kripath and do some missions cracking Grineer skulls from a distance with my recently acquired and maxxed primed reach. 😀

Having to wait a bit more for an event to be properly fixed and stable, without (a lot of) bugs/glitches is worthwhile, in my opinion at least. [DE] is doing their best, I am sure of it, to release everything on schedule and stick to the laid out timeline of events, but sometimes technical/software issues get in the way and its better to fix them beforehand rather than to release Plague Star and then work on its fixes when players can't complete the missions or other frustrating issues happen. 

We'll still get Plague Star, we'll still get Nightwave and everything else. The fact that we have to be a bit patient is all that matters, and maybe a bit supportive of the fact that the event is not cancelled altogether at this point.  

14 minutes ago, Watson4672 said:

Please release it today

Megan said: We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

"Keep us updated about when (which day) we can expect p.s. this week" means that it is coming out this week. Otherwise she would have said: we'll keep everyone in the loop.... and WHETHER you can expect p.s. this week. 

Since de don't work on work on weekends, the event IS coming out today (Friday, which is the last working day of the week for them).

13 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

Megan said: We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

"Keep us updated about when (which day) we can expect p.s. this week" means that it is coming out this week. Otherwise she would have said: we'll keep everyone in the loop.... and WHETHER you can expect p.s. this week. 

Since de don't work on work on weekends, the event IS coming out today (Friday, which is the last working day of the week for them).

Thanks Megan. 😘

On 2019-06-12 at 4:05 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms

Going to ask again, since it hasn't been answered. Why is this necessary? Did something in the backend change that requires this? Why do events suddenly have to be in sync?

2 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Going to ask again, since it hasn't been answered. Why is this necessary? Did something in the backend change that requires this? Why do events suddenly have to be in sync?

I honestly have no idea. It's a nice thought, I guess, but why? it just sparks controversy.

The truth is that there is absolutely no need for any event to run at the same time on both systems 😕 the only reason pure and simple is that players Will be whining if someone gets the Update before others and de dont want that 

they should just have fixed the problem release it on pc and say sorry but gonna wait a bit before it comes to console cause of reasons most already know 

people Can say what they want and if they wanna complain then complain to whoever decides when the console Update Can Roll out 

just as much as people say its not fair for console to get their Update so late after pc i also Think its stupid to hold something back like this just so it Can release at the same time especially when they gave US a date 

i Can understand the bug problems delaying it but the whole on all systems is just too much 😕 you dont wanna wait longer than pc players ? Sorry but thats just how it is

24 minutes ago, SephirothWS said:

Only de can answer to this question.

5 hours ago, johnno23 said:

I expect that even if they had a tentative idea of when it can be released they will keep quiet. Just look at the backlash and platform wars that were finally moderated here.

I was annoyed now I just feel sorry for DE. Making a game that can in fact be played for zero costs if you do the grind has turned into a monster of whining for some complaint from others and downright idiocy and trolling from a few people that I mistakenly assumed to be gamers???. I am simply stunned by the nonsense even though it did briefly amuse me yesterday whilst I drank my coffee reading some of the comments.

Anyways I am still hoping for it to be released sooner than later. I would love to see what I can build with a plague kripath and do some missions cracking Grineer skulls from a distance with my recently acquired and maxxed primed reach. 😀

It's free. Therefore literally anyone can play it, making it the easy choice to go when money isn't available for subscription-based games, including those who require you to buy expansions to progress, or services like PS Plus on PS4/consoles in general. There's also the safety in knowing you don't have pressure to halt or lose progress if your time runs out. It's always there, free and safe, no pressure. So, since even the content is free all the time it's easy to burst trough it and be hungry for more.

---

Now for media management. DE did this before. With Nightwave. They just didn't tell anyone and released it universally. And everyone was happy to have it, no one raised a fuss over the release itself. That's what's so laughable about this, how artificial all these overreactions are. Their mistake was not delaying plague star. It was being too open about it, which only invites discord.

Part of me even wonders why Megan only mentioned XB1 having trouble when PC also had them. Makes me wonder if  the omission of PC's issues wasn't an test to see how people reacted in case a console was the cause.

And for anyone saying PC is being delayed, true enough. But don't pretend you are the only ones making a sacrifice. Because while we do not pay in "waiting time" in consoles, we do pay in "increased bugs". So all that is happening is that the scales are still balanced, but in a different manner. Everyone had to wait, and everyone had to deal with bugs. This was what happened in NW season 1, since we on consoles had to deal longer with bugs that were fixed on pc right away.

So please, disagree, but don't mindlessly hate as if the world had it's focus on anyone of us. 

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Makes me wonder if  the omission of PC's issues wasn't an test to see how people reacted in case a console was the cause.

That's just wrong. She probably spoke about Xbox cause Xbox had the worst and most critical bugs. FOR SURE pc got some bugs too, it's called bugframe for a reason, but probably the game breaking bug was in Xbox only. 

5 minutes ago, r0gue0 said:

That's just wrong. She probably spoke about Xbox cause Xbox had the worst and most critical bugs. FOR SURE pc got some bugs too, it's called bugframe for a reason, but probably the game breaking bug was in Xbox only. 

Most likely. I doubt they'd do it intentionally. I'm just saying it feels strange. And I'm willing to bet PS4 and Switch had them too, even if I am yet to see mentions of it. Specially switch since it'll be the 1st time and performance is a bigger concern than on other platforms.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

And I'm willing to bet PS4 and Switch had them too, even if I am yet to see mentions of it. Specially switch since it'll be the 1st time and performance is a bigger concern than on other platforms.

Ye for sure, probably only minor bugs.

Anyway I'm hoping so badly for it to be released today. Actually sitting on 4 kripath rivens..

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The guy you quoted missed a big thing. There are issues with the PC release since the bounty cannot complete, so you cannot even do the event bounty if they releases it in this state. The other thing they are waiting for is a cert approval regarding a whole different XB1 related issue that has nothing to do with Plague Star at all. So when the bug is fixed for Plague Star they'll be ready to release it on all platforms along with the bug fix for the other issues that XB1 is suffering from.

edit: This is all also a safeguard for future cross-progression. If they'd keep Plague Star staggered across platforms those that play on more than one of them would be able to exploit Plague Star and cross-progression by doing the event several times over.

they said there was a problem on wednesday that should have been fixed a long time ago considering they got quite a few people working on the game 😕
right now i dare say that the whole console launching at the same time is the only thing holding it back

This thing is getting really disappointing now. If you DE guys expect there would be some problems on this operation then you should start to deal with it before the anounced date. I am wondering if DE has planned too many things (railjack, new prime plague star and so on) that they even could not complete them.

Archived