Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

22 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Generally there's a devstream every other week, and the one where Reb tryhard soloed it because the others were trying to ship Rising Tide was 2 weeks ago. 

And they haven't announced another devstream for this week, which often happens because they have their collective nose to the grindstone trying to get an update out.  So. . .

. . . Ellipsis intensifies . . .

Also, ah,

Not well-known factoid:  Decades, centuries, and such start on years that end in 1; as an example, Jan 1st 2001 A.D. was actually the start of the 21st century, even though Jan 1st 2000 got all the hype. 

So technically, they have until the very end of 2020 to get Railjack in on this decade. . .  But please don't get any ideas, Steve. 

Rebecca just confirmed the next devstream and the subject is mostly Empyrean. It will be this Friday December 6th

Edited by HolySeraphin

8 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

Rebecca just confirmed the next devstream and the subject is mostly Empyrean. It will be this Friday December 6th

So, they are doing exclay as I said before, they are "showing and telling" about the update, rather then giveing us the release. now if they do the same mad-lad move they did last Firday, then I'll take back my word, but for now, it actuality looks like, we won't be getting New War this year. 

9 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, they are doing exclay as I said before, they are "showing and telling" about the update, rather then giveing us the release. now if they do the same mad-lad move they did last Firday, then I'll take back my word, but for now, it actuality looks like, we won't be getting New War this year. 

How in any way does "Devstream this Friday" say "New War next year" to you? Please, I need to know this train of thought.

4 minutes ago, HazelCapulus said:

How in any way does "Devstream this Friday" say "New War next year" to you? Please, I need to know this train of thought.

Cant say much about the logic of the other person but i agree with him, to me it looks like no empyrean this week, and if they dont just decide to make phases for the new war then either new war is not that great and just another plains ghouls + a new tileset or its not this year. Personally i hope for the second.

1 hour ago, Tesla_Reloaded said:

Atlas prime access ends December 17. That means Ivara prime will come out right after Atlas. And as usual she'll come out with a patch. My guess is that patch will bring us not ivara alone, but with something else.

There are primes that come with just regular fixes or some changes, though. But considering that there is New War scheduled for December 25th and Empyrean might come soon before or after it, there's a good chance you're right.

32 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

Welp. At least now we know it ain't this week.

22 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

It's highly unlikely they'll try the same thing again. I mean, it's possible, but... Well, bugfixes. 

I know I suggested the possibility, but it would be one hell of a ballsy move. Like 'multiple rhythm games, multiple fighting games and a semi-competitive first-person shooter on Stadia' ballsy.

It's quite possible that they will give a release projection though.

Just now, Loza03 said:

It's highly unlikely they'll try the same thing again. I mean, it's possible, but... Well, bugfixes. 

I know I suggested the possibility, but it would be one hell of a ballsy move. Like 'multiple rhythm games, multiple fighting games and a semi-competitive first-person shooter on Stadia' ballsy.

It is highly unlikely that it will be this Friday. DE hates releasing big updates on Fridays, because there is a high chance for game-breaking bugs that would only be fixed on Monday, which means we would need to endure it during 2 of the busiest days of the week. Drydock could be shipped on Friday because it is a quite small update with little room for game breaking bugs, because it is mostly farm. Empyrean, on the other, will probably have heavy bug fixes on the first week.

Edited by HolySeraphin

14 minutes ago, HazelCapulus said:

Alright then.

On the 22 Dec, according to Holidays and Observances in Canada, is when the Holidays begin, so that leave us: This Week, Next Week & depending on what happens Following Week. So we bacily have this:

4-6th of Dec (Week 1) (Week 2) 11th-13th (Last Week) (18th to 20th)

It's highly unlikely we'll have something close to release on the Last Week, why?, cuz no one will be in the office to hotfix, so that bacily removes 1 Week, give or take.

So we have excaly 2 weeks (this and the next). Devstream this Friday 100% of the time = No Update, dis week. (Unless they do a madlad move and do it on the Devstream, like last Friday, but that is unlikely)

So this means, we have 1 Week to get Railjack (Next week, is more likely cuz: Polishing/Last bug fixes/squishing and lets show and tell it first, then release, that takes time away from the update)

So, that all rounds up to, New War, not coming 2019. its happened before and it's likely gonna happen again.

9 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Pretty much what I've been saying.

6 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

It is highly unlikely that it will be this Friday. DE hates releasing big updates on Fridays, because there is a high chance for game-breaking bugs that would only be fixed on Monday, which means we would need to endure it during 2 of the busiest days of the week. Drydock could be shipped on Friday because it is a quite small update with little room for game breaking bugs, because it is mostly farm. Empyrean, on the other, will probably have heavy bug fixes on the first week.

Yes, but they have done such before and stayed over at the weekends to fix it and all in honestly, it may have to happen, due to the dates and how Xmas is really creeping close, that's not good, cuz weekends should be the respected days off, regardless. But hey, what can you do?  

On 2019-07-07 at 4:50 PM, Torbamf said:

I assume that Empyrean isn't coming until next year

Well, given that The New War is coming near the end of December, and we will NEED our Railjack to do that quest... Empyrean launching next year would be.. sorta.. awkward.

If we see Rebbeca alone on the stream again or steve is missing, looks like we're in for a trip.

Edit : Looks like they could pull off another "We're gonna drop the update live" 

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

2 more Devs from their work PCs!

Edited by DrivaMain

1 hour ago, Meneliki said:

There's been no "Coming this week to PC!" or even "Coming Soon to PC" update on the website, so yeaa  I wouldn't count on it.

There wasnt one for Rising Tide so I dont see why they would need to announce it a week in advance. A live dev stream about railjack just sounds like they want live first impressions when battles drop. I wouldnt put it past them to turn the dev stream into a Q&A while squading up with players to do the first railjack missions.

55 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If we see Rebbeca alone on the stream again

Says she's joined "by the usual crew".

6 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

There wasnt one for Rising Tide so I dont see why they would need to announce it a week in advance

Rising Tide had an announcement on twitter. Having said that, the first phase of Empyrean was meant to come right before phase two, to give us time to build our railjacks before the main update, so in some sense it's already been announced.

Edited by schilds

49 minutes ago, schilds said:

Rising Tide had an announcement on twitter. Having said that, the first phase of Empyrean was meant to come right before phase two, to give us time to build our railjacks before the main update, so in some sense it's already been announced.

Indeed.

I'm not expecting any kind of announcement, except maybe a Hek-style stream 'interruption' with a trailer and release window. I somewhat doubt we're getting a Friday release because DE know this is the big one and that they can't afford a Beasts of the Sanctuary.

16 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Indeed.

I'm not expecting any kind of announcement, except maybe a Hek-style stream 'interruption' with a trailer and release window. I somewhat doubt we're getting a Friday release because DE know this is the big one and that they can't afford a Beasts of the Sanctuary.

Even if its a buggy release they can still hotfix the mess out of it before Christmas break if they release on Friday.

1 minute ago, velsomnia said:

Even if its a buggy release they can still hotfix the mess out of it before Christmas break if they release on Friday.

They can't on a Friday. Weekend and all that.

Hence Wednesday/Thursday releases being more likely.

30 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

They can't on a Friday. Weekend and all that.

Hence Wednesday/Thursday releases being more likely.

The only major concern I see on release is the servers melting down, they said the dry dock alone made the servers run way to hot. Actual railjack content is probably going to stress test some very old hardware.

Just now, velsomnia said:

The only major concern I see on release is the servers melting down, they said the dry dock alone made the servers run way to hot. Actual railjack content is probably going to stress test some very old hardware.

There will be bugs. Lots of bugs.

This isn't speculation, this is just fact. Almost every massive update with a new system has come with large amounts of bugs. Beasts of the Sanctuary and Plains of Eidolon were the ones I was there for, though I hear Spectres of the Rail was pretty infested too.

Just now, Loza03 said:

There will be bugs. Lots of bugs.

This isn't speculation, this is just fact. Almost every massive update with a new system has come with large amounts of bugs. Beasts of the Sanctuary and Plains of Eidolon were the ones I was there for, though I hear Spectres of the Rail was pretty infested too.

Thats the downside to not having a dedicated test server to put things on before it goes live.