Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

2 minutes ago, Mints said:

Did I miss an early conversation about it from the devstream? When it's mentioned at the end the devs quite tersely just say "watch it" and don't ask about it at all. Rebecca talks about the big picture of Empyrean as a whole, they talk about what happened in the demo, Sheldon mentions the special announcement, and they end on the suggestion that we should definitely watch it.

It's on this video and starts at 35 seconds in: 

10 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

It's on this video and starts at 35 seconds in: 

Laughing immediately after asking a question is a pretty obvious sign of sarcasm, and so is the tone with which Rebecca responds. What "special announcement" is Rebecca going to make about her "career" at the videogame awards exactly? You do realize her career is Warframe, right? Watch the very end of the Devstream and compare the two conversations. The stream opens and closes with mention of this announcement and the stream is titled Empyrean. I mean, I'm not going to say that's 100% proof but it's pretty Hideo Kojima of them.

Edited by Mints

12 minutes ago, Mints said:

Laughing immediately after asking a question is a pretty obvious sign of sarcasm, and so is the tone with which Rebecca responds. What "special announcement" is Rebecca going to make about her "career" at the videogame awards exactly? You do realize her career is Warframe, right? Watch the very end of the Devstream and compare the two conversations. The stream opens and closes with mention of this announcement and the stream is titled Empyrean. I mean, I'm not going to say that's 100% proof but it's pretty Hideo Kojima of them.

I'm just not sure, it seems like Steve just kind of rushed into the million followers thing to break the awkwardness. Plus I doubt they all had a conversation about questioning Rebecca about the announcement. I personally feel like they might have listened to most players and just decided to kill the lotus, if they did that then her main role with the company is finished.

Edited by velsomnia

8 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

I'm just not sure, it seems like Steve just kind of rushed into the million followers thing to break the awkwardness. Plus I doubt they all had a conversation about questioning Rebecca about the announcement.

I think it was more that they were just teasing her about a secret she can't reveal yet. I've seen her do the same thing to Steve and Sheldon before. If they all already know the answer to the question then asking it is playfully putting her under pressure to dodge it. Odd how strongly they suggested we watch it at the end if they don't even know what it is, huh? Especially since Sheldon's the one that asked the question at the start and brought it up again at the end...

Edited by Mints

13 minutes ago, Mints said:

I think it was more that they were just teasing her about a secret she can't reveal yet. I've seen her do the same thing to Steve and Sheldon before. If they all already know the answer to the question then asking it is playfully putting her under pressure to dodge it. Odd how strongly they suggested we watch it at the end if they don't even know what it is, huh? Especially since Sheldon's the one that asked the question at the start and brought it up again at the end...

The only thing that made me feel like this is a massive thing is how rare the drop is, seems odd to offer a bigger drop than they do at almost any other time just for the game awards. But then again they are up for an award possibly and might just want to celebrate that. If they wanted an absolute assured win then they would have released railjack at nomination time instead of at the ceremony when its to late for it to affect votes.

3 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

The only thing that made me feel like this is a massive thing is how rare the drop is, seems odd to offer a bigger drop than they do at almost any other time just for the game awards. But then again they are up for an award possibly and might just want to celebrate that. If they wanted an absolute assured win then they would have released railjack at nomination time instead of at the ceremony when its to late for it to affect votes.

Trying to release Empyrean a month before it's ready just to try for brownie points at the VGAs would have been a disaster. An award is one thing. Announcing a big content release at a press event, on the other hand, is liable to bring back a lot of players and bring in some new ones as well.

2 minutes ago, Mints said:

Trying to release Empyrean a month before it's ready just to try for brownie points at the VGAs would have been a disaster. An award is one thing. Announcing a big content release at a press event, on the other hand, is liable to bring back a lot of players and bring in some new ones as well.

That actually makes sense, there are going to probably be hundreds of thousands of gamers watching that stream to see if their favorite game won, definitely a much larger audience than what they can reach on their own.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

The big announcement is that everybody is going to get Excalibur Prime upon reaching MR30. Founders will receive a new exclusive frame:Valkyr Gersemi Prime.

Whatever it is, the very fact that the last 2 pages of this thread are about it is probably exactly the kind of hype that they were aiming for. Now to just hope that whatever it is will be worth the wait for another 3 or 4 days.

15 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

Whatever it is, the very fact that the last 2 pages of this thread are about it is probably exactly the kind of hype that they were aiming for. Now to just hope that whatever it is will be worth the wait for another 3 or 4 days.

This.

The more I think about it... announcing WF's next expansion does make a lot of sense at the show... but who knows. We will have to wait and see sadly. 

1 minute ago, VitalAmprex said:

This.

The more I think about it... announcing WF's next expansion does make a lot of sense at the show... but who knows. We will have to wait and see sadly. 

It does make perfect sense, tons of games like PoE are competing for those awards and announcing something like railjack live to all those people is tons and tons of free publicity. If they release it like normal then only the people that watch warframe dev streams or bother to click on a Warframe news link will hear about it, at the game awards though people wont have any choice but to hear it. I wouldnt put it past them to call in red text during the announcement and drop railjack live at the game awards. The place would go nuts and their steam numbers would probably jump to #1 almost instantly. I know I would instantly mute the stream and hop into Warframe. 

1 minute ago, velsomnia said:

It does make perfect sense, tons of games like PoE are competing for those awards and announcing something like railjack live to all those people is tons and tons of free publicity. If they release it like normal then only the people that watch warframe dev streams or bother to click on a Warframe news link will hear about it, at the game awards though people wont have any choice but to hear it. I wouldnt put it past them to call in red text during the announcement and drop railjack live at the game awards. The place would go nuts and their steam numbers would probably jump to #1 almost instantly. I know I would instantly mute the stream and hop into Warframe. 

Idk. I want to get on board with your line of thinking, but it just seems odd. I mean, what else could they possibly be announcing tho? Rebeccas comment about her announcement being about "her career", after watching the stream back again, seemed to be a joke, I suppose..

7 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

What if it's just another trailer for new war? Forgot to consider that. 

6 minutes ago, VitalAmprex said:

Idk. I want to get on board with your line of thinking, but it just seems odd. I mean, what else could they possibly be announcing tho? Rebeccas comment about her announcement being about "her career", after watching the stream back again, seemed to be a joke, I suppose..

Its just so hard to tell with them, they are masters at being more vague than anyone else I have ever seen. Just bothers me that Rebecca said it with an absolute straight face, she just didnt come across as teasing to me. Plus railjack looked like it needed a lot of work still and the game awards would have only given them 6 days to fix everything. Something just doesnt sit right with me on it, it almost seems like Rebecca will make 2 announcements, one about her career and another saying something like the war has started. Steve did say on stream that every war has a start and they could easily just have Natah and the sentients land on Earth and invade without actually needing to release the railjack. It would just be another eliminate the ghoul presence on the Plains of Eidolon gimmick, but again the announcement is supposed to be major for Warframes future and a tiny release like that wouldnt perk many players up. If they do have the invasion start though then the timer to release railjack really will start because players will want the sentients off the plains ASAP.

Edited by velsomnia

1 hour ago, velsomnia said:

Its just so hard to tell with them, they are masters at being more vague than anyone else I have ever seen. Just bothers me that Rebecca said it with an absolute straight face, she just didnt come across as teasing to me. Plus railjack looked like it needed a lot of work still and the game awards would have only given them 6 days to fix everything. Something just doesnt sit right with me on it, it almost seems like Rebecca will make 2 announcements, one about her career and another saying something like the war has started. Steve did say on stream that every war has a start and they could easily just have Natah and the sentients land on Earth and invade without actually needing to release the railjack. It would just be another eliminate the ghoul presence on the Plains of Eidolon gimmick, but again the announcement is supposed to be major for Warframes future and a tiny release like that wouldnt perk many players up. If they do have the invasion start though then the timer to release railjack really will start because players will want the sentients off the plains ASAP.

There is already a "bug" where sentient fighters will invade in mobile defense in Neptune (it does stop progress, mind you) and as we saw during the Railjack quest the sentients are already attacking planets besides Lua. They could "start" with the Plains of Eidolon as a ghoul-type event, but then expand this to Fortuna, and then the normal missions.

New War is also perfect for the introduction of sentient invasion missions, which would not require the Railjack to be implemented. The Empyrean update could be the counterattack, but the initial invasion could very well be limited to "invasions" on various planets. And unlike regular corpus and grineer invasions, their meter could fill a lot faster, and the result could be something like a Railjack or Archwing event.

2 minutes ago, HolySeraphin said:

There is already a "bug" where sentient fighters will invade in mobile defense in Neptune (it does stop progress, mind you) and as we saw during the Railjack quest the sentients are already attacking planets besides Lua. They could "start" with the Plains of Eidolon as a ghoul-type event, but then expand this to Fortuna, and then the normal missions.

New War is also perfect for the introduction of sentient invasion missions, which would not require the Railjack to be implemented. The Empyrean update could be the counterattack, but the initial invasion could very well be limited to "invasions" on various planets. And unlike regular corpus and grineer invasions, their meter could fill a lot faster, and the result could be something like a Railjack or Archwing event.

That's my thinking, i'm pretty sure the announcement is going to be basically sentient invasion nodes on certain planets. My guess is that certain rare resources for railjack research will be the rewards.  

Just now, velsomnia said:

That's my thinking, i'm pretty sure the announcement is going to be basically sentient invasion nodes on certain planets. My guess is that certain rare resources for railjack research will be the rewards.  

Speaking of which, still waiting for the sentient arm cannon:

DS85-Sentient-Arm-Cannon-1024x576.jpg

Just now, Jaffawer said:

But it says "increase production" not "reinforcements" which, I'd guess, means that people should hurry the f* up building their Railjack before the update hits -> increase production.

If I increase my Railjack building productivity by a factor of 400% I'll... still not end up with a ship, because 400% more of 0 is 0.

Do I really need to bother with this? Can almost guarantee that I'll just end up sitting on someone else's ship firing a pew pew out the side.

• Like 2

My god could they actually be releasing it today? Couldnt be, they must be releasing it on the 12th at the game awards. They did postpone the stream today though and it clearly says railjacks are mobilizing. Sounds like the sentients are requesting increased production.

Edited by velsomnia

4 minutes ago, velsomnia said:

My god could they actually be releasing it today? Couldnt be, they must be releasing it on the 12th at the game awards.

For Rising Tide, the did a similar tweet on the 20th November, and the release was on the 22nd.

If it's anything like that .. we're looking at Wednesday ( which coincides with the day that DE has booked big streamers to promote Warframe ).