Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt rework ideas

(XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK

Shock: Normal mechanics but affects more enemies and more damage. 

Speed: Rather than being based on a time, this should be an energy draining ability. Why only be fast for 15+ seconds. Why not be fast as long as you have the energy (see passive on how you could possibly conserve energy through using charges for abilities rather than just using energy)? Team mates would still be affected but on a base time. But also maybe while you are toggling speed, you could also have some sort of dodge added to the damage you take. Like the flash and how he can move his body back and forth and bullets would pass right through him or he could go through walls. I am not talking about running through walls here, as that would pose an issue. But maybe like a dodge % based on the power strength. Also when active his ability casting should also be sped up.

Electric Shield: On top of its normal mechanics, also charges up the static charges for volts passive when the shield takes damage from enemies and shocks enemies when they walk through the shield.

Discharge: Great cc and for over shield, I would not change this ability. 

Passive: Build up a static charge from running to fill up 1 of a  maximum of 4 charges. These charges can be used to cast an ability for free. Shock would require 1 charge, speed being a channeled ability would not be affected, electric shield would be 2 charges. Discharge would use all 4 charges. Abilities can be normally cast using energy as well, but I feel like this would be a neat passive rather than gaining damage on abilities from his current passive. 

Just some ideas I had. Don't know how plausible this would be.

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK

Volt's kit is currently fine.  Id rather he get his long awaited cloth physics and deluxe skin.   Granted i dont mind the suggestions the OP mentioned either but whatever rework volt gets, he better get his cloth physics along with it.

His 1 is completely outdone by is 4, it does everything shock does better much more efficiently. It needs something to make it unique from Discharge. Such as making enemies hit by shock take additional critical damage. This would give it a reason to be always useful, that isn't covered by Discharge.

His 2 could use a base duration boost, I'd even take a increased energy cost for it to have a longer duration.

In short, outside of a few QOL changes volt doesn't need to be touched. He is currently fine and does well in all content. His current issues are more due to game mechanics, electricity damage is bad and shields are bad. Fix those and He will likely need a nerf.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, m3stuart said:

Hmm, why not add a Hold Mechanic for Shock. As in, it affects more enemies and deals more damage, but it slows you down and it drains energy while you hold it.

I thought volts kit was fine till I saw this. Great idea and would fit with the way it’s portrayed in the tennocon trailer

<Hold> and <toggle> abilities would be a downgrade for Volt. He wants to go places, not hold buttons or have his energy channeled away. The biggest thing that could use improvement is the short duration on Speed. You could also work in other changes like allowing Electric Shield to increase projectile speed or extend the range of beam weapons. His passive is lackluster, but because armor exists it would be hard to make it good without breaking it changing it to something else entirely.

Not that Volt is in dire need of work.

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)IndianChiefJeff a dit :

Titania

In 6 months, there's gonna be a bunch of Titania offers. 40% of them will be outright trash. 50% will be OP and 10% can provide something fit. But the only good offer is to give rework to Pablo!

Volt just needs numbers changes, not an actual mechanics change.

Shock just needs more damage, maybe damage scaling as well.

Speed just has to last three times as long as it does now.

His base sprint has to be boosted while speed's added sprint speed can be reduced.

Just I dunno, make him regen energy every second/regen energy from running as a passive. He is a battery ffs why not just add a dynamo function too.

Ya know, just small stuff, nothing major.

22 hours ago, m3stuart said:

Hmm, why not add a Hold Mechanic for Shock. As in, it affects more enemies and deals more damage, but it slows you down and it drains energy while you hold it.

I think I pretty much got what you want right here.

I also added some synergy with his shield to help make him less campy which include electric status Arcs from the shield itself.

I like the ideas. Especially the one about running generates energy. I agree, Volts speed can use a duration buff. His number one is a little meh, but for charging the shield its somewhat useful. Everything else in his kit is fine. He's a great frame and doesn't really need any changes but for me to want to use him more vs these other new frames that have come out he is leaving less for me to desire for me personally.

Volt's Passive is really strong and I mean stupid strong. Granted you have to use his Shield augment but Oof the things it can do.

Volt's biggest downside is he becomes very campy as enemies scale. It's something I tried to help with on a Shock rework.

I don't think I would trade that passive for anything though. I've pulled 300k Bleed ticks from it.