Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[NW2] Zealot Hunting (Updated with episode 4 tips)

Etzu

13 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Solo, no companion death, I was doing the sortie and it spawned in the first mission.

All this stuff is new, so there might be other factors triggering their appearance. Maybe it's random, like Wolf's buddies.

Maybe players think they spawn when someone gets downed because that's when they notice the Devotees being in the mission. Warframe is fast paced after all, usually you don't have the time to stop and look around.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

All this stuff is new, so there might be other factors triggering their appearance. Maybe it's random, like Wolf's buddies.

Maybe players think they spawn when someone gets downed because that's when they notice the Devotees being in the mission. Warframe is fast paced after all, usually you don't have the time to stop and look around.

Most likely, the only reason I noticed him was because I stopped to drink some water and he just walked next to me.

• Like 1

Il y a 18 heures, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx a dit :

And is the only way to get them to spawn by dieing?   If so that kinda sucks.

Right now the Devotee purpose is basically "they're kind healer coming to revive fallen tenno", so yeah someone have to die for them to come, it's what they're meant for x'D. (and they're useless except for that)

Il y a 17 heures, ChaoticEdge a dit :

What are we on crusade?

Yes we are ! DEUS VULT ! Burn the Heretics !

Il y a 6 heures, TheRealShade a dit :

You sure the devotees spawn only when you get downed? I had one spawn in a mission without me dying.

could be rescue target npc dead / companion dying, anything that can bleed out and be revived by them.

Il y a 17 heures, (NSW)Sniperfox47 a dit :

My speculation for NW2:

Arlo is a friendly strain of infestation that frees people from the main strain by infecting them with it's strain. It does this intending to help it's "brothers and sisters" (the Warframes). 

Various human factions think Arlo is evil and has stolen their loved ones from them, even though they were already lost to the infestation. They send out Zealots, flamethrower and Energy weapon equipped Operatives, to burn out the devotees.

We as Tenno have to defend the devotees against increasingly vicious attacks in order to attain a powerful Ally for the New War.

I think there are two side on the idea, one is totally game design based and the other lore based.

They shown us some new infested units on tennocon, so game design based it's probably the way to bring some unit addition / upgrade to the infested faction as they did during the Mutalist event where corpus infested prosies were added to the faction.

Lore wise, I think it's a story that came for many reasons, some informations are sleeping for too long about the infestation and they said for long that they wanted to expand all the lore arround the infested room on the liset and the cysts.

A third reason, combined of the two dev and story reason I'm suspecting is that Steve said every faction was going to get their own space fighters and capital ships on Railjack update, and right now the infestation isn't known to be that cleaver except "EAT EVERYTHING" so it could have been a nightmare to design properly.

That lead me to the conclusion that NW2 is bringing some lore about an infested strain that managed to be more than just "I'm a space parasite that just want to expand", as if it gained sentients too, intelligence, purpose, etc. And I really think we're going to have some less braindead infested based on this lore, plus some damn religious fanatics too.

I'm impatient to discover the episodes stories !

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Etzu said:

A third reason, combined of the two dev and story reason I'm suspecting is that Steve said every faction was going to get their own space fighters and capital ships on Railjack update, and right now the infestation isn't known to be that cleaver except "EAT EVERYTHING" so it could have been a nightmare to design properly.

This is an interesting idea, would be amazing to have the infested room's functions expanded and know more about the infested as a faction. We already know their hive mind is clever though, its main goal is to consume yes, but it is not doing it mindlessly. See the Corrupted Ancient synthesis lore. This just makes them more interesting! But we know nothing about them, so I really hope you're right and this Nightwave will unveil some exciting pice of lore!

21 hours ago, TheRealShade said:

Solo, no companion death, I was doing the sortie and it spawned in the first mission.

Happened to me in the Orb Valis.  Appeared next to me and started shooting at enemies at sniper range while I was mining.  Others in my squad were closing a fissure and actively fighting.

Do the healers actively engage in combat? Or is this a new unit or behavior change?

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2019-07-14 at 1:55 PM, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Already didn't trust arlo, and this cements it. Calling it it's just a hyper intelligent strand of the infested that infects through more subtle methods such as a savior in the middle of a hive. 

You read the desc for the operator suit too, haven't you?

Have you noticed that in the Nightwave diorama, Arlo's head isn't seem to be attached to his neck? That's a bit... erm... odd? Suspicious?

Remember what Mr Weasley said, guys.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."

On 2019-07-14 at 3:25 PM, Etzu said:

I've found in the public drop tables the name of three unkown units:

• Zealot Baptizer
  • Zealot Herald
  • Zealot Proselytizer

I have a bad feeling about this. If its another field boss like the Wolf I hope its at least less annoying. Though I probably already know the answer.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Have you noticed that in the Nightwave diorama, Arlo's head isn't seem to be attached to his neck? That's a bit... erm... odd? Suspicious?

I thought that was a visual bug at first, now the kid is just 10 times creepier for me.

Edited by WH1735S0W

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Of course you thought that was a visual bug... That's what he wants you to think!

Dear god, he knows my every move!

I must be more careful when leveling weapons, in case he shows up.

If the Wolf was a bullet sponge then this kid can probably kill you with his brain. Assuming he is a field boss of course.

That said, what you guys think his drops would be?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I bet he drops the Emissary Ornament decoration missing from the Nightwave rewards!

There is a Emissary Ornament decoration? Dang now I really want it, I hope it gets added to the cred offerings at some point.

3 minutes ago, WH1735S0W said:

There is a Emissary Ornament decoration? Dang now I really want it, I hope it gets added to the cred offerings at some point.

Others found out it's a linkable item in chat, so it's existing in the game, we just do not have any means to obtain it yet. Hope DE did not just forget about it 😁

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Remember what Mr Weasley said, guys.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."

He head isn't attached cause he's a vent kid, all vent kids in fortuna have to the same thing going on

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

Do the healers actively engage in combat? Or is this a new unit or behavior change?

From what I saw, they also fight with you for abit of time after spawning.

Il y a 4 heures, Hawk_of_the_Reborn a dit :

You read the desc for the operator suit too, haven't you?

That's warframe, everything is always turning wrong in this univers XD

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

Arlo is a vent kid type, solarian children, they got their head detached and reattached to a body, it's normal for a solarian child. Well I mean nothing special lore-wise about the head itself, it's Fortuna lore related.

Il y a 3 heures, WH1735S0W a dit :

If its another field boss like the Wolf I hope its at least less annoying.

I didn't see any field boss right now, only some followers, but Arlo is probably gonna become one new type of boss, maybe with his own mission.

Il y a 3 heures, WH1735S0W a dit :

That said, what you guys think his drops would be?

Maybe it's the boss for the next warframe, or some infested things, we'll learn more on episode 2.

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

Others found out it's a linkable item in chat, so it's existing in the game, we just do not have any means to obtain it yet.

Nightwave cred offering shop, will come later in the serie with future episodes.

il y a 43 minutes, (PS4)Viveeeh a dit :

Oh he is? I did not know that! Conspiracy theory debunked, dammit

Well... Knowing how he got his head detached and reattached don't break the conspiracy theroy... Maybe his head is empty, remember he lost his VOICE... So maybe his real brain is an infested thing contrôling a dead pupet luring lost souls by pretending he save them from infestation but it's a trap.

Remember Ballas words, "the Madness of the Infestation", "our horror pasts". Something bigger than our well known braindead infestation is there in the backlore of the strains.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

He head isn't attached cause he's a vent kid, all vent kids in fortuna have to the same thing going on

Wait, his head not being physically attached to the body might be the reason why the infestation couldn't take over his mind.

I'll be honest, not seen any of the new enemies yet, occasionally found a Devotee just chilling in a Tileset, even with a full-on firefight going on right next to them. wasn't downed or anything, they just stand there doing nothing. nice to know they might come to my rescue if the worst should happen.

1 hour ago, TheRealShade said:

Wait, his head not being physically attached to the body might be the reason why the infestation couldn't take over his mind.

can't infest my brain if I don't have a brain to begin with!

Image result for rollsafe meme

3 hours ago, Etzu said:

From what I saw, they also fight with you for abit of time after spawning.

That's warframe, everything is always turning wrong in this univers XD

Arlo is a vent kid type, solarian children, they got their head detached and reattached to a body, it's normal for a solarian child. Well I mean nothing special lore-wise about the head itself, it's Fortuna lore related.

I didn't see any field boss right now, only some followers, but Arlo is probably gonna become one new type of boss, maybe with his own mission.

Maybe it's the boss for the next warframe, or some infested things, we'll learn more on episode 2.

Nightwave cred offering shop, will come later in the serie with future episodes.

Well... Knowing how he got his head detached and reattached don't break the conspiracy theroy... Maybe his head is empty, remember he lost his VOICE... So maybe his real brain is an infested thing contrôling a dead pupet luring lost souls by pretending he save them from infestation but it's a trap.

Remember Ballas words, "the Madness of the Infestation", "our horror pasts". Something bigger than our well known braindead infestation is there in the backlore of the strains.

If Arlo’s chest cavity is like others under debt-bondage, well, you can see where this might be going...surprise!!!!

Il y a 5 heures, (PS4)robotwars7 a dit :

occasionally found a Devotee just chilling in a Tileset, even with a full-on firefight going on right next to them. wasn't downed or anything,

That's prboably some buged behaviors, I think mecanics prepare devotees inside one "spawnable zone" on the tileset, and then they teleport to the player if they die. So if there is a fail in the AI behavior that can explain why sometime some devotee appears without anyone beeing downed.

Il y a 3 heures, (PS4)Silverback73 a dit :

If Arlo’s chest cavity is like others under debt-bondage, well, you can see where this might be going...surprise!!!!

Vent kids solarian children don't have the chest things, it's only the adults, as childrens are "enslaved" by the detachment of the head and reattachment of it on their body or an augmented body, so no surprise right there xP.

I'm also starting to think about something, we already know an occurance of someone using their Hand to touch someone else and "gain control over them"

In the Sacrifice, when our tenno touches Umbra to access his mind and in the end "control" him (that's not control, but it's definitly a psychic link).

That's starting to smell trouble, like hard trouble.

Alad V ! What have you done again !?

7 hours ago, Etzu said:

That's prboably some buged behaviors, I think mecanics prepare devotees inside one "spawnable zone" on the tileset, and then they teleport to the player if they die. So if there is a fail in the AI behavior that can explain why sometime some devotee appears without anyone beeing downed.

Vent kids solarian children don't have the chest things, it's only the adults, as childrens are "enslaved" by the detachment of the head and reattachment of it on their body or an augmented body, so no surprise right there xP.

I'm also starting to think about something, we already know an occurance of someone using their Hand to touch someone else and "gain control over them"

Reveal hidden contents

In the Sacrifice, when our tenno touches Umbra to access his mind and in the end "control" him (that's not control, but it's definitly a psychic link).

That's starting to smell trouble, like hard trouble.

Alad V ! What have you done again !?

But Arlo isn’t a normal vent kid, is he?  And  neither is his infestation... 

which lies dormant/invisible as a pathogen and also SEEMINGLY has a symbiotic relationship with it’s host (we shall see if this strain simply isn’t gestating before it explodes into monstrous death).

Speculation I’ve seen (can’t take credit) is that the “Arlo” strain is a functional strain of infested that will allow for infested crewmen and an infested Empyrean ship and faction.

• Like 1