Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Build for Profit Taker

raven2k01

9 hours ago, raven2k01 said:

I was wondering what the best loadouts are to kill the Profit Taker.
Currently I'm using Inaros for survivability, a Vectis Prime for ranged sniping.
My Arch Gun is Velocitus for the opticor like charged damage.

1- For weapons: You do your build around primed elemental mods as the lonely elemental damage, and use the others 90 elemental mods as composition elements on weapons}
2- For Warframes: Anything with Dmg buff and survivability.

As for weapons, kitgun are probably the best ones as secondary. I'm using a Dread as primary with Corrosive and Cold, seems pretty good, but it has a riven with CC, Multishot and some negative that I forgot. For melee, people use Zaw with those arcanes of Operator plague, forgot which one, if you don't have the arcane, use some throw weapon, but I think better it is redeemer prime, you can also melee him on his legs or jump on him anyway.

Edited by MPonder

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

I use Chroma (Mirage when in a squad) with Speed Holster and max strength for buffing.

Weapons:

Synapse for (innate Corrosive), Gas, and Cold.

Tombfinger for (innate Radiation), Viral, Heat, Puncture, and Impact

Redeemer for Magnetic, (innate Blast), and Toxin.

I use these weapons due to Riven Mods and making use of all the Primed elemental mods I can, but Plague Kripath with Exodia Contagion, Battacor, and other weapons can be a good choice as well.

Imperator Vandal is my choice of an Arch-gun which would employ both Electricity mods and Zodiac Shred. That accounts for all 13 damage types.

My Operator uses Magus Repair and Lockdown, and my Amp has a Phahd Scaffold to one shot the pylons.

It's pretty funky but it works great for solo.

For your Imperator Vandal, what build do you use? I just finished building mine (with a gravimag done in 10 minutes) and Im not sure what to use with it. Ive got the crit mods so far, but beyond that and rad damage idk

7 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

For your Imperator Vandal, what build do you use? I just finished building mine (with a gravimag done in 10 minutes) and Im not sure what to use with it. Ive got the crit mods so far, but beyond that and rad damage idk

unknown.png

I am not using Rubedo Lined Barrel as Chroma does not benefit from the base damage mods. The build is very niche and I really don't solo the Profit Taker. I go with squads. When I go with squads, I am using specific damage types with multiple buffs, or I am the host doing 11/13 with Synapse/Tombfinger/Redeemer.

Edited by Voltage

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

unknown.png

I am not using Rubedo Lined Barrel as Chroma does not benefit from the base damage mods. The build is very niche and I really don't solo the Profit Taker. I go with squads. When I go with squads, I am using specific damage types with multiple buffs, or I am the host doing 11/13 with Synapse/Tombfinger/Redeemer.

Im not sure what you mean by “or I am the host doing 11/13”

I use chroma with growing power, handspring(only because I don't have primed sure footed yet) augur message, narrow minded, blind rage, adaptation, transient fortitude, vitality, hunter adrenaline, and streamline. You can use anything over streamline if you want, but when I use streamline it only takes one energy plate to activate vex armor again so if I get hit by the magnetic pulse thing she does I don't have to worry about recasting it. Hand spring or Primed sure footed are basically mandatory. If you don't have those you're going to have a bad time. I use a Rubico prime which provides puncture, cold, Slash, impact, and corrosive coverage. My secondary is a Tombfinger kit gun that has electricity, radiation, and viral coverage. My melee is the Redeemer Prime that has gas, magnetic, and blast coverage although the blast coverage kinda sucks. The Redeemer kinda sucks in general because of auto parry, but it's good enough for me so whatever. Also you shouldn't use any base damage mods on your weapons other than the 90 percent elemental mods because of how Vex armor works. I also use a pure radiation Imperator Vandal with no base damage mods. 

EDIT: also you're going to want arcane guardian and arcane momentum. You can use really any arcane over momentum like grace or avenger, but I don't have a maxed out grace which is basically the only reason I don't use it and avenger has been really inconsistent for me so I dropped it for momentum. I use Magus Repair to heal.

Edited by .Dracula.

7 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

I'm curious to know how you guys keep your Chroma healed.  Clearly I'm doing something very wrong with my Chroma because I drop dead in 1 or 2 shots all the time with his third ability on.  Armor mods galor, lots of health, energy color on White, yet I just die so damn often.  It always feels like I'm playing Nyx.

What advice can you give me that doesn't involve spending tons of plat on arcanes?

If you don't have armor in your build even with vex armor you will get tons of damage...You need arcanes for healing or vazarin if you don't own any of them.

I run either a high strength/dura Fire Chroma Prime for the damage buff or Wisp for survivability and add control. No need to go overboard on strength for chroma, or armor for that matter. With just Vex armor and heat energy he survives well enough.

Rubico Prime, Pyrana Prime and a Plague Krip to cover a good amount of elements and then Imperator Vandal for limbs/body. Sadly my Imp is modded for corrosive since I'm just to lazy to hunt down archgun mods to build it for radiation. Incase an element pops that I dont have I simply amp her for a switch.

Edited by SneakyErvin

13 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

There is no "best" build. Just the ones which most people are using and often referred as meta.

And that's for sure not Inaros because he has no dmg boosting ability.

Better try Chroma with sth like this

chromab.jpg

weapons of your choice with as many different elements as possible

or Rhino/Octavia

I think you first need to understand how this fight works. Just a Vectis isn't going to do the job for you

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#orb1

You will waste more time using energy pizzas and healing than dealing damage with that configuration...

8 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

I'm curious to know how you guys keep your Chroma healed.  Clearly I'm doing something very wrong with my Chroma because I drop dead in 1 or 2 shots all the time with his third ability on.  Armor mods galor, lots of health, energy color on White, yet I just die so damn often.  It always feels like I'm playing Nyx.

What advice can you give me that doesn't involve spending tons of plat on arcanes?

You want to use his 2 too not just his 3. Adaptation is really important as well so if you don't have it you should grind it out or buy it from another player. You should also try to get magus repair or magus elevate. Magus Elevate is probably your best bet right now considering you need to be max rank in vox solaris to get repair or you could buy it off another player. I know you said you didn't want to spend tons of plat, but you should at least try to grind out 100 plat and get a rank 3 arcane guardian. 100 plat isn't that expensive and arcane guardian is a really good arcane.

13 hours ago, .Dracula. said:

You want to use his 2 too not just his 3. Adaptation is really important as well so if you don't have it you should grind it out or buy it from another player. You should also try to get magus repair or magus elevate. Magus Elevate is probably your best bet right now considering you need to be max rank in vox solaris to get repair or you could buy it off another player. I know you said you didn't want to spend tons of plat, but you should at least try to grind out 100 plat and get a rank 3 arcane guardian. 100 plat isn't that expensive and arcane guardian is a really good arcane.

Thanks for the advice.

I do want to start running Arbitrations to get Adaptation mod for sure.  I have also begun working to get Magus Elevate.  In hindsight, I think I should have started with that first before getting the arcane that heals the Operator (forgot the name).  At the time I was running a lot of Eidolon hunts so figured it was a good course of action.

Can you seriously get a maxed ranked Arcane Guardian for only 100 plat?  All too often most people sell 1 arcane for 100p.  Hence my previous statement of not wanting to spend tons of plat on arcanes.

17 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Im not sure what you mean by “or I am the host doing 11/13”

I roll with squads, so I either focus on 2 damage types on my Imperator Vandal as a client, or I am hosting. When I host, I do 11/13 damage types between my Synapse, Tombfinger, and Redeemer Prime.

Frame: Whatever you can survive with. I use Chroma, and usually end up pairing up with my wife using her Trinity.

Weapon: Fluctus. Spam it to win. This clears out all the smaller mobs.
It can even hit multiple Orb legs.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

My personal solo loadout:

Fire Chroma: Has high offense and defense. The health boost is for my Kavat. Arcanes are Grace and Velocity/Acceleration. Use Effigy at the end for double credits.

Battacor: Deals Magnetic (innate), Corrosive, Cold, & Puncture.

Tombfinger: Deals Radiation (innate), Viral, Heat, & Impact

Plague Kripath w/ Exodia Contagion: Deals Gas, Electric, Blast (innate to Contagion), & Slash.

Imperator Vandal built for Radiation and possibly cold shreds the legs and health.

Smeeta Kavat for a chance at double loot

Operator uses Phad scaffold to 1 shot pylons. Arcanes are Repair to heal my frame and Replenish to heal my operator.

My weapons can do every element except base toxin so I cycle that with my amp.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

15 hours ago, Caine2112 said:

Thanks for the advice.

I do want to start running Arbitrations to get Adaptation mod for sure.  I have also begun working to get Magus Elevate.  In hindsight, I think I should have started with that first before getting the arcane that heals the Operator (forgot the name).  At the time I was running a lot of Eidolon hunts so figured it was a good course of action.

Can you seriously get a maxed ranked Arcane Guardian for only 100 plat?  All too often most people sell 1 arcane for 100p.  Hence my previous statement of not wanting to spend tons of plat on arcanes.

It depends. I got mine for around 120 and it was because of the warframe market. I just waited for a cheap one. most of what you're going to find on there is probably around 200 to 300, but if you wait it out like I did you'll find a cheaper one.

Edited by .Dracula.

On 2019-07-27 at 1:08 AM, .Dracula. said:

It depends. I got mine for around 120 and it was because of the warframe market. I just waited for a cheap one. most of what you're going to find on there is probably around 200 to 300, but if you wait it out like I did you'll find a cheaper one.

Dude, I lucked out BIG TIME.  4th Arbitration run and it dropped on Rotation A of all things.

...my brother hates me now LOL.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-25 at 3:32 AM, raven2k01 said:

I was wondering what the best loadouts are to kill the Profit Taker.
Currently I'm using Inaros for survivability, a Vectis Prime for ranged sniping.
My Arch Gun is Velocitus for the opticor like charged damage.

nope you will run out of time and you don't need to snipe with an inaros

the ark-gun does not matter but the imarator vandal and the corvas are considered the best build for radiation

frame choice does not matter as long as it can take a hit and or clear adds I use an Oberon but he is a bit to light of a frame for the mission.  chroma is popular but inaros is a good Idea as is nidus if you have a tanky nova build that will also be nice (thanks to her CC and damage buff).  

weapons 
add slaying is more important than shield DPS LMGs shotguns and auto rifles are good snipers are a tad lack luster unless you kill the orb incredibly quickly

a zaw with exodia contagion is a good Idea for shield damage and killing adds if you know how to use it.  

as for what I use 
frame: Oberon full spec renewal build (some times I use his 1 or 3 augment) his one is good for higher tier enemies (especially the bots and his 2/4 have ~80% armor strip in one cast and he is my best frame for the fight)

primary: exergis one shots multiple enemies at a time and 5 damage types (I also have a riven of the gun +dmg corpus +150 MS -fire rate so duh I am using it)

secondary: catch moon this gun is broken

zaw pole arm with exodia contagion 

damage is up to you but I have modded gas cold on the exergis, corrosive on the catch moon, mag toxin on the zaw.  

I take shots at the orb but mainly keep the adds down and maintain a minimal wanted level when the arc-gun faze comes I priorities the orb and shield pylons then go back to killing adds while taking pot shots at the orb when I am moving to the next add spawn.  

as for the sniping play style it does not work I have played with squads that used it (and used it my self) the sniper doesn't do enough or they don't know what phase it is and nothing gets done especially if the team comp was less than adequate. for the activity when it is an inaros sniping it is just mind boggling because he does not need to do that.