Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Brief guide how I enjoy NightWave...

40PE

36 minutes ago, Angrytiger said:

So, what? What is the thing the compels all these people to simultaneously say "pssh I don't care about NW what a trash system" and "wooooooow how absolutely DARE DE lock stuff behind the insurmountable wall of "doing things in the game that don't fit within my small window of 'things I enjoy!'?!?" Clearly there's a missing piece there that compels them against their will, I'm really curious to know what that is.

Yes I agree. NV is here to get the basic stuff for people who don't have them and would normally hunt for the Alerts. I mean the so called pros wouldn't even care about the standard Alerts either way, they wouldn't do them either.

Although I think the cosmetic rewards alone worth doing it, even though I need the forma and the other stuff too. Like if you got NV tokens this week you can spend on a lot of Kuva. And thats kind of end-game resource so its a win-win.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 40PE said:

For those who constantly complaining, saying its a grind, or boring, takes too long, etc.

What I do is this:

-Plan to mix up the different Nightwave Mission goals to do them together. Example this week's two mission: Find all three cases on Sabotage Mission and also do 3 Nightmare Missions any kind. Just do three Sabotage Nightmare and you done with two. Plus, if you missing some nightmare mods, or you want to get some extra, plus for trade, there, one more reason to do Nightmare -that I would otherwise wouldn't prob. spend time, If I would look for some bigger challenge or some more serious grind.

-Other example: Do 30mins survival. Just get into a mid/high tier survival with Nekros, with some gear that I've formad and grind some relics/ducats. Like now, you might want to try and grind wukong Prime or Ninkondi parts, excellent opportunity. OR if you would grind Kuva in Survival, you can do this Nightwave mission too while you grinding Kuva.

I honestly don't see what is the big deal about Nightwave, because you should not just go and do Nightwave missions one by one, get into a mission just to "do the nightwave missions for grind". Nightwave does its job well if you not looking at it as an "alert mission".

UPDATE1: You don't have to do all the missions at once. You can spend some time on them daily, to also make it feel like a game, not a chore. You don't have to sit down and do multiple goals at once and spends hours and hours. Make sure you enjoy it! If you don't enjoy some of the activities, you can decide not to do it at all, don't worry about the mission points! There will be something that you enjoy later on. You still have time to level up, even if you skip one or two of the weekly goals.

I toottaly support what your saying! The grind can be more joyful, if done correctly, whitn patiente, and speccially Multi-Tasking!!

19 hours ago, 40PE said:

For those who constantly complaining, saying its a grind, or boring, takes too long, etc.

What I do is this:

-Plan to mix up the different Nightwave Mission goals to do them together. Example this week's two mission: Find all three cases on Sabotage Mission and also do 3 Nightmare Missions any kind. Just do three Sabotage Nightmare and you done with two. Plus, if you missing some nightmare mods, or you want to get some extra, plus for trade, there, one more reason to do Nightmare -that I would otherwise wouldn't prob. spend time, If I would look for some bigger challenge or some more serious grind.

-Other example: Do 30mins survival. Just get into a mid/high tier survival with Nekros, with some gear that I've formad and grind some relics/ducats. Like now, you might want to try and grind wukong Prime or Ninkondi parts, excellent opportunity. OR if you would grind Kuva in Survival, you can do this Nightwave mission too while you grinding Kuva.

I honestly don't see what is the big deal about Nightwave, because you should not just go and do Nightwave missions one by one, get into a mission just to "do the nightwave missions for grind". Nightwave does its job well if you not looking at it as an "alert mission".

UPDATE1: You don't have to do all the missions at once. You can spend some time on them daily, to also make it feel like a game, not a chore. You don't have to sit down and do multiple goals at once and spends hours and hours. Make sure you enjoy it! If you don't enjoy some of the activities, you can decide not to do it at all, don't worry about the mission points! There will be something that you enjoy later on. You still have time to level up, even if you skip one or two of the weekly goals.

+ start always with sorties and then invasions that you want. sorties, because you get double credit from highest grossing mission that you most likely planned on doing anyway, plus chances are there will be a sortie mission type that you will need for NW. same applies for invasions.

a lot of people whining about NW grind are actually not very intelligent. synergy is everything, esp if like me your down time (game time) is limited via external factors (grinding plat IRL, etc).

It's Tuesday morning. I spent much of my time helping newbs (one who was heading to Mercury, one who was on Mars, one working on Sands of Inaros, and all needed help with resources). 

I only have 2 weeklies left to attempt. One of them is the conservation, which I'm not planning on doing. I didn't do the Profit Taker last week. 

Even missing challenges Nora pointed out that I have entered the home stretch, with only half of the tiers left to go to get to 30.

I honestly don't even remember what most of the Nightwave challenges are, and a lot of them are just done passively. I'll often try to do what the OP suggested and try to synergise them so that I complete several at once. I'll also keep my own goals in mind while choosing how I want to do the challenges, so it's not just about Nightwave for me, it's a matter of me playing the game and having a few extra goals I want to try to get done in a given week. 

7 hours ago, 40PE said:

In that case, you didn't enjoy many aspects of the game before nightwave, then don't bother do it, that's all.

Every time. Every friggin time... "If you don't like it, don't do it" IS NOT A SOLUTION. Ignoring the problem does not fix the problem.

7 hours ago, 40PE said:

If an alert would come up with rewards that you would like and it asks you to do 3xsabotage? Then you would say the same either way.

First: There were plenty of times I didn't do alerts because I didn't feel like doing that particular mission type or whatever. All that meant was I didn't get that one single thing, until it came around again. I could skip as many alerts as I wanted and never permanently miss anything. But, if you don't keep up with Nightwave every week, its quite easy to permanently miss the highest rank items.

Second: There were no alerts that asked you do do three missions for one reward. It was always: do a mission, get a reward. Nice, simple and straightforward. But with Nightwave: You do three of X mission and what do you get? A few thousand standing. What does that standing get you? Absolutely nothing, unless you also do enough other challenges to get to the next rank. And if the next item on the list is something you don't care about? Too bad, if you want anything after it, you have to just take the dud and keep grinding. This is the exact opposite of simple and straightforward, and feels a hek of a lot less rewarding.

7 hours ago, 40PE said:

You don't seem to have a prob. with NW, but with the game.

I enjoy doing most of the things that are in Nightwave challenges just fine. When I choose to do them. When I build and level a new Kitgun because I wanted a new Kitgun, that's great! But when I have to build one just to gild it and throw it away, that's just a waste.

My point here is that simply adding these challenges to the game has done very little to change how enjoyable any of this stuff is. If you enjoy it without Nightwave, you will most likely enjoy it with Nightwave. Conversely, if you don't enjoy it without Nightwave, the promise of a few thousand standing is probably not going to make it any more enjoyable. And on top of that, constantly asking you to do things you don't enjoy can easily make you enjoy them even less. Washing the dishes is annoying, but washing the dishes after your Mom has been nagging you about it all day is awful.

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I am not asking whether or not you did. I'm asking why would you?

Not understanding the mechanics is the only thing that crosses my mind. Obviously it wouldn't be a "here's how to enjoy this game" guide, more like a "here's how this game that everyone seems to enjoy works" guide, but that would certainly aid in one's enjoyment of a game.

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Not understanding the mechanics is the only thing that crosses my mind. Obviously it wouldn't be a "here's how to enjoy this game" guide, more like a "here's how this game that everyone seems to enjoy works" guide, but that would certainly aid in one's enjoyment of a game.

Exactly. 

So tell me again how looking up a guide would equate to somebody not enjoying the game that the guide is for?

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Exactly. 

So tell me again how looking up a guide would equate to somebody not enjoying the game that the guide is for?

You're not making the necessary distinction here. Looking up a guide on how to enjoy Nightwave does not mean you don't enjoy Warframe. It just means you don't enjoy Nightwave. To the point where you find it necessary to look up a guide to make it enjoyable. Which therefore means that Nightwave is either not enjoyable or penetrable enough. Either way, it's a negative for the system.

You can hate one part of a game and still enjoy the rest of it, you know?

On 2019-07-29 at 7:54 AM, Gabbynaru said:

If you need a guide on how to enjoy something, that something's not enjoyable.

Please read this again.

13 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

You're not making the necessary distinction here. Looking up a guide on how to enjoy Nightwave does not mean you don't enjoy Warframe. It just means you don't enjoy Nightwave. To the point where you find it necessary to look up a guide to make it enjoyable. Which therefore means that Nightwave is either not enjoyable or penetrable enough. Either way, it's a negative for the system.

You can hate one part of a game and still enjoy the rest of it, you know?

Have you forgotten why we're convo'ing in the first place?

2 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Please read this again.

Have you forgotten why we're convo'ing in the first place?

Yes, nuanced sentences.

" If you need a guide on how to enjoy something (in this case, Nightwave, as that's what the topic's about), that something (Nightwave)'s not enjoyable. "

I do admit to a mistake on my part, not putting a "maybe" after the comma, but, other than that, I'm pretty sure my point is clear.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yes, nuanced sentences.

" If you need a guide on how to enjoy something (in this case, Nightwave, as that's what the topic's about), that something (Nightwave)'s not enjoyable. "

I do admit to a mistake on my part, not putting a "maybe" after the comma, but, other than that, I'm pretty sure my point is clear.

Damage is already done

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Damage is already done

Oh, if only I had the power to change Nightwave with just the words I type. But I don't, so, what damage are you talking about? You're kinda the only one in this thread confused about what I wrote.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

First: There were plenty of times I didn't do alerts because I didn't feel like doing that particular mission type or whatever. All that meant was I didn't get that one single thing, until it came around again. I could skip as many alerts as I wanted and never permanently miss anything. But, if you don't keep up with Nightwave every week, its quite easy to permanently miss the highest rank items.

Apples to oranges. The alert rewards are in the creds shop. The rewards for the highest tiers are not what you would have gotten in the alerts. They are event rewards and you know it. 

It's gotten leagues easier to get those alert rewards, and I'd be more than willing to guess that an insane number of potatoes were collected during the first nightwave by players. Probably more than in the 6 months prior to it being introduced. And now there's also Kuva on the table.

Best part, you have a minimum of 3 days to do any given challenge. No more missing out because you were in work, school, bed, the bath, traffic, etc.. No more waiting until that specific reward came around, on a node you could get to, and a mission type you could stand. 

Second: There were no alerts that asked you do do three missions for one reward. It was always: do a mission, get a reward. Nice, simple and straightforward. But with Nightwave: You do three of X mission and what do you get? A few thousand standing. What does that standing get you? Absolutely nothing, unless you also do enough other challenges to get to the next rank. And if the next item on the list is something you don't care about? Too bad, if you want anything after it, you have to just take the dud and keep grinding. This is the exact opposite of simple and straightforward, and feels a hek of a lot less rewarding

You feel less rewarded because you happen to get more rewards in between getting the creds? You sure that's how that works? 

I enjoy doing most of the things that are in Nightwave challenges just fine. When I choose to do them. 

Then I guarantee that you hated the old alert system, because that was always "do this thing right now, in this exact mission, against this exact enemy, at this exact node, or you will miss out and get absolutely nothing".

Nightwave gave us options. The only thing that stayed exactly the same is the "you can choose to skip this if you want, but then you don't get the rewards, but you're free to try again next time around". 

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Apples to oranges. The alert rewards are in the creds shop. The rewards for the highest tiers are not what you would have gotten in the alerts. They are event rewards and you know it.

It's gotten leagues easier to get those alert rewards, and I'd be more than willing to guess that an insane number of potatoes were collected during the first nightwave by players. Probably more than in the 6 months prior to it being introduced. And now there's also Kuva on the table.

This is actually one of my main problems with Nightwave. DE replaced apples with oranges, and called it the same thing. I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with Nightwave if we also still had alerts. They are two different systems that could have very easily fit together, and Nightwave does not accomplish the same things as alerts did.

Sure, there are a couple things that are easier to get with Nightwave, like Kuva and especially potatoes. But there are also other things that you can't get anymore. Where is the Tellurium? the Oxium? The Kavat genes? Wouldn't it have been nice if we didn't have to lose something to gain another?

9 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Best part, you have a minimum of 3 days to do any given challenge. No more missing out because you were in work, school, bed, the bath, traffic, etc.. No more waiting until that specific reward came around, on a node you could get to, and a mission type you could stand. 

You feel less rewarded because you happen to get more rewards in between getting the creds? You sure that's how that works?

You know what you get for those daily challenges? 1,000 standing. What can you get with 1,000 standing? Nothing. So sure, you have three days to do them, but you also get far less for your time. Even if you do all seven daily challenges in a week, you won't even get an entire rank out of it, meaning no reward. Yet you will have put in far more effort than you would have to get an alert reward.

Plus, there was no limit on how many alerts you could do in a week. But with Nightwave, you can only get a maximum of four ranks per week. Four whole rewards in an entire week. Wow...

So yeah, I would call that less rewarding.

10 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then I guarantee that you hated the old alert system, because that was always "do this thing right now, in this exact mission, against this exact enemy, at this exact node, or you will miss out and get absolutely nothing".

Nightwave gave us options. The only thing that stayed exactly the same is the "you can choose to skip this if you want, but then you don't get the rewards, but you're free to try again next time around". 

As I said, if you didn't do an alert, all you lost was that one alert's reward. You could skip a thousand alerts and still have just as much of a chance at the one rare reward you wanted. But every Nightwave challenge you skip puts you one step closer to missing things. If you skip, or miss, more than ~60% of them, you can't get max rank anymore.

And even if you did miss an alert reward, you probably didn't have to wait too long for another chance at it. But with Nightwave? Sure, DE has said that the rewards will come back, but when? How? It could be years before you get another chance at any of them.

Honestly, this is a problem that both systems have: They both work much better when you want everything they offer. But if all you want is one or two specific things, then it is way more frustrating to get it. With alerts, you had to simply be patient and wait until you got a chance at it. With Nightwave, you have to put in the same amount of effort whether you want the items before it or not.

Though, personally, I would much rather go with the system that rewards patience, and not the one that doesn't reward effort.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

This is actually one of my main problems with Nightwave. DE replaced apples with oranges, and called it the same thing. I wouldn't have nearly as much of a problem with Nightwave if we also still had alerts. They are two different systems that could have very easily fit together, and Nightwave does not accomplish the same things as alerts did.

Really? Moaning about the tragic loss of alerts that we all skipped the vast majority of? Let's ask an honest question, what percentage of alerts do you think that you did over the course of a month? (Just the ones that you were online for.)  I'm going to be guessing 10% would be a huge exaggeration for anyone who'd been playing for a couple of months. 

Then recall that you missed all of the rewards that happened when you were not logged in. 

15 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

You know what you get for those daily challenges? 1,000 standing. What can you get with 1,000 standing? Nothing. So sure, you have three days to do them, but you also get far less for your time. Even if you do all seven daily challenges in a week, you won't even get an entire rank out of it, meaning no reward. Yet you will have put in far more effort than you would have to get an alert reward.

Wrong again, Tenno. Those can often be done passively. And seriously how much of a reward do you expect to earn for "deploy a glyph", "kill some enemies while sliding", kill a few while aim gliding", "kill with heat" etc? 

Were you ever rewarded for doing something so basic before? (Since nostalgia for stuff that never was, seems to be getting the best of you the answer is no.) 

20 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Plus, there was no limit on how many alerts you could do in a week. But with Nightwave, you can only get a maximum of four ranks per week. Four whole rewards in an entire week. Wow...

So yeah, I would call that less rewarding.

You should do some remedial math classes, because you missed the fact that 1 is less than 4.

Just one rank, the very first, the one you got from doing maybe 3 challenges, gave you a rather large cache of creds, with which you were able to buy several rewards of your own choosing. 

But hey, who's counting? 

24 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

As I said, if you didn't do an alert, all you lost was that one alert's reward. You could skip a thousand alerts and still have just as much of a chance at the one rare reward you wanted. But every Nightwave challenge you skip puts you one step closer to missing things. If you skip, or miss, more than ~60% of them, you can't get max rank anymore.

Tier rewards have nothing to do with the cruft you used to get from alerts. You keep trying to conflate the types of rewards. Those are event rewards, and like event rewards, you will need to participate to get the rewards. 

Nothing new at all to that, so stop pretending that you are being disadvantaged. 

i just do it since i dont like leaving stuff not done if its within my power to do them besides that its a why not kinda thing its like those shopping mart people that offer free samples

can i just also point out peopel used to complain (And still do) there is nothing to do when you hit End gameTM Night wave gives you something to do now people are complaining the game is "forcing" you to do things 

this is literally a genie wish IMHO and personally i find that hilarious