Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons Requirements on Missions are terrible

Snarlax

The massive variety of weapons is a huge strength of Warframe.

So don't make me use weapons I hate just to finish a sortie.

Sniper only on a mobile defense mission vs hordes of infested? Absurd.

Bows? On any mission. The bows are incredibly un-fun to use - in my opinion.

Primary, secondary, or melee only is bad enough. But requiring a specific weapon type is just anti-fun and often very un-immersive.
Xyr0V4g.jpg

i only specifically dislike anything other than Melee Only because then it takes away my Melee Weapon and Melee is a significant component of Parkour. and that's just dumb, to nerf one of the most unique things in the game.

Edited by taiiat

To me, restricted weapons missions are a fun thing in the game.  I wish they happened occasionally outside of sorties.  Perhaps as an optional challenge or bonus on top of some normal missions.  And more variety would be cool, e.g., Corpus weapons, MR 4 or less and no modular, rivens deactivated, etcetera.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snarlax said:

Primary, secondary, or melee only is bad enough. But requiring a specific weapon type is just anti-fun and often very un-immersive.
Xyr0V4g.jpg

You realize sorties are for more or less elite players right? If you can't handle these "sniper only" types, what are you even doing?

I just did that mission not very long ago and it was a cake walk. Why? Because if you haven't heard, it was infestation sorties today. Excalibur and other Warframes with Exalted Weapons, own on these missions. OMG! Your mind should be totally blown.

Seriously, Excalibur/Valkyr/Mesa Exist.

Spoiler

Wait until we get some actual challenging sorties in the future. Right now, there's no sortie that can't be done solo. In fact, I do a lot of them solo with Excalibur. Why? Because I can. Used to be to prove it can be done with anything besides like Frost for Defense for example. Or Excal on energy reduction Ambulas boss sortie. Such fun times.

Edited by Alcatraz

2 hours ago, Snarlax said:

Xyr0V4g.jpg

You are the very first person i see complaining about this on the Forums since Sorties was a thing, mostly i see people raging on the squad chat because they dont own a weapon of that type before leaving. Sadly for you its late for feedbacks and i bought any change regarding this will come, and nor should it.

I personally dont see problems in weapon restriction missions, they are challenging, force me to better plan what frame and what weapon to bring depending on the enemy type and tileset.

Also i enjoy Bow Only missions because they give me reason to take my Attica for a walk and dream of its Prime variant. :3

16 hours ago, Wrum said:

just use a warframe with an exalted weapon or one with damage abilities. not hard.

That is what I did.

I never said it was hard. In fact, that is why I posted a screenshot with the mission complete.

What it makes those missions is not-fun.

It also makes them insanely un-immersive and stupid feeling.

"Please save our colony from this massive planetary orbital laser......... oh and...... you can only use a bow......."

WTF?

Makes zero sense and really kills any immersion completely.