Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extreme lack of consistency

AresTheLegendary

I need a good, solid reason, as to why there is an Arcane to resist cold, resist heat, resist toxin, EVEN combination elements magnetic, and radiation....yet there is no Arcane for electricity/stun, none for blast/knockdown?

Why are there resist arcanes for some elements and not others, knowing full well there are overpowered attacks (like the pulse bombs the Sapping Ospreys use, the kind that can fill a room and penetrate walls and deal repeated fatal damage before expiring, the same one DE refuses to address)? Is it because those are the faux elements of difficulty (anyone getting stunned or knocked over in high-level endless modes know its suicide to be a sitting duck) DE refuses to address?

I just wanna know if theres a reason, (other than avoiding GLARINGLY obvious balance issues and major inconsistencies, because that would mean actually taking the game seriously, and having to make long overdue adjustments to current and old content, rather than focusing on generating money constantly dropping new, filler content, because they refuse to charge money for the game, knowing they need it, instead of desperately trying to keep up with the demands of casuals who pay for anything new and shiney, completely neglecting the better part of the community that actually wants meaningful gameplay and balance and the necessary focus and attention from game-developers, that currently doesnt exist)

Just curious, because in my opinion, if you're introducing resist elements, you need to include ALL the elements, or NONE of them. if there is any reason to single out any, you did something wrong, Digital Extremes. Starting with balance, which does not yet exist, or we would have said missing res arcanes. Only other reason to be missing those additions (after so much content drop since those originally got here) would be..... they forgot about them. Either they're not here on purpose, which leads to blatantly acknowledging AND ignoring balance issues. Or by accident, and that attention to detail i was talking about.thats required to please anyone other than casuals who dont care for it, isnt there.

10 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

I need a good, solid reason, as to why there is an Arcane to resist cold, resist heat, resist toxin, EVEN combination elements magnetic, and radiation....yet there is no Arcane for electricity/stun, none for blast/knockdown?

Why are there resist arcanes for some elements and not others, knowing full well there are overpowered attacks (like the pulse bombs the Sapping Ospreys use, the kind that can fill a room and penetrate walls and deal repeated fatal damage before expiring, the same one DE refuses to address)? Is it because those are the faux elements of difficulty (anyone getting stunned or knocked over in high-level endless modes know its suicide to be a sitting duck) DE refuses to address?

I just wanna know if theres a reason, (other than avoiding GLARINGLY obvious balance issues and major inconsistencies, because that would mean actually taking the game seriously, and having to make long overdue adjustments to current and old content, rather than focusing on generating money constantly dropping new, filler content, because they refuse to charge money for the game, knowing they need it, instead of desperately trying to keep up with the demands of casuals who pay for anything new and shiney, completely neglecting the better part of the community that actually wants meaningful gameplay and balance and the necessary focus and attention from game-developers, that currently doesnt exist)

Just curious, because in my opinion, if you're introducing resist elements, you need to include ALL the elements, or NONE of them. if there is any reason to single out any, you did something wrong, Digital Extremes. Starting with balance, which does not yet exist, or we would have said missing res arcanes. Only other reason to be missing those additions (after so much content drop since those originally got here) would be..... they forgot about them. Either they're not here on purpose, which leads to blatantly acknowledging AND ignoring balance issues. Or by accident, and that attention to detail i was talking about.thats required to please anyone other than casuals who dont care for it, isnt there.

... All that just to complain about balance issues... wow...

... ok.

2 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

SIMPLE balance issues, resulting in blatant and obvious neglect

Sorry, I'm still figuring out why you made the following:

15 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

... when you could've just shortened it out to 4 words... keep it simple, keep it straight.

17 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

So the Arcanes prevent procs from those respective elements that have a distinct effect on Tenno. Blast and Electricity don't actually have direct ties to procs against Tenno. Blast is 2-stage: the Blast proc, and the knockdown that follows. The part of Blast that effects Tenno is the knockdown, and there are mods that affect knockdown time and knockdown resist. The reason this isn't tied to Blast explicitly is because knockdown can, and more often does, come from sources other than Blast procs. Electricity, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any effect beyond the visual and audio noise. So the latter has no reason for a resist, and the former has mods that already resist in a more universal format.

What you might be looking toward are Viral and Corrosive, the procs of which are few-and-far-between but do still exist and do still have a distinct effect on Tenno.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

So the Arcanes prevent procs from those respective elements that have a distinct effect on Tenno. Blast and Electricity don't actually have direct ties to procs against Tenno. Blast is 2-stage: the Blast proc, and the knockdown that follows. The part of Blast that effects Tenno is the knockdown, and there are mods that affect knockdown time and knockdown resist. The reason this isn't tied to Blast explicitly is because knockdown can, and more often does, come from sources other than Blast procs. Electricity, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have any effect beyond the visual and audio noise. So the latter has no reason for a resist, and the former has mods that already resist in a more universal format.

What you might be looking toward are Viral and Corrosive, the procs of which are few-and-far-between but do still exist and do still have a distinct effect on Tenno.

Viral and corrosive are among the missing arcane resists, not to be ignored, just, blast and elec were the 2 examples I used at the time. And while there are mods for those effects, there arent arcanes for them. Something is big wrong if we are missing nearly half the elements. That would suggest theyre overpowered, over-utilized and/or out of balance.

And if elec doesnt proc stun, or some other effect, then, it should. If it doesnt, why is it the only one that doesnt have an effect? .

Why do we continue to add content without acknowledging basic issues, further compounding them. Or....is DE not ever planning on addressing these ever-evolving balancing problems? I was under the impression prevention is better than cure

*shrugs*

Edited by AresTheLegendary

11 minutes ago, AresTheLegendary said:

And while there are mods for those effects, there arent arcanes for them.

The mods against Heat damage and the like are specifically resistances against the damage values, of which I believe only the primary elements (heat, cold, toxin, and electric) are covered, whereas the arcanes are designed to prevent status procs.

1 hour ago, AresTheLegendary said:

Why are there resist arcanes for some elements and not others

Just curious, because in my opinion, if you're introducing resist elements, you need to include ALL the elements, or NONE of them. if there is any reason to single out any, you did something wrong, Digital Extremes. Starting with balance, which does not yet exist, or we would have said missing res arcanes. Only other reason to be missing those additions (after so much content drop since those originally got here) would be..... they forgot about them. Either they're not here on purpose, which leads to blatantly acknowledging AND ignoring balance issues.

I might have agreed with your post if you used something else to illustrate your point, the resistance arcanes not encompassing all damage types is such a weird complaint or issue to have... out of everything like the 2 neglected weapons in the balance pass (Acrid and Stug), the MR lock system, with it being able to be bypassed and not really representing power scaling well, to the general inconsistency of how they treat some warframes vs others. Any of those would have probably lead to a more compelling argument.

But arcane resistances not including all the damage types... really?

For one, just consider that these arcanes are very old and have changed over the years, mostly to adapt to damage changes and despite that these arcanes remain barely used and in general offer very little to gameplay outside of maybe 1 niche usage.

So should they add an impact (would do nothing) and puncture resist arcane too? because we have one for slash.

I just feel like this is an asinine request.... although maybe you're under the impression that they block damage types? Because they don't, they just block status procs.

So stuff like 

Viral and corrosive are among the missing arcane resists, not to be ignored

Should probably be ignored actually, as the only ways you can get procced with viral or corrosive  is either via going into a mission with the sortie condition, or by self proccing them via self damage, and even then Corrosive procs don't do much to us, to us it's a temporary armor removal compared to the permanent armor removal enemies have.

And for something like, "why not add them just to have them all?" I would just say I'd rather get more useful arcanes if they're going to be bloating some drop table.

The only useful ones right now are the radiation, magnetic and maybe the cold ones. Beyond those you'd have to be pretty bad at planning to need the anti slash proc arcane and the other ones don't offer anything useful as heat proc damage is too low to care about and toxin damage still bypasses shields.

If you wanted them to fix something related to arcanes, you could have just mentioned Arcane Acceleration, which currently lists its effect as being granted to "primary weapons" while it's not true and does not work for shotguns, which would have made it an objectively better Arcane Tempo, which should be changed in favor of making Arcane Accelaration work on Primaries imo.

Edited by Madway7

2 hours ago, AresTheLegendary said:

use primed surefooted for knockdown imo.

I have always said DE doesn't care about consistency anymore (if they ever did) its always the next best thing to keep the players occupied until the next best thing comes along. 

If it stays true to the theme or story so far, then that's a bonus not an expectation anymore.

Also, oddly enough it raises another question, what does electric proc do on Warframes? It's either so subtle that it's not noticeable or doesn't even do anything.