Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pressure point, sacrificial pressure and sacrificial steel all made useless.

(PSN)cdzbrbr

DE you've outdone yourselves this time, with one nerf to one mod you managed to nerf to the point of uselessness several others.

Allow me to explain:

Before, regardless of value, Bloodrush used to be applied over your modified critical chance, meaning mods such as sacrificial steel and rivens, which are not cheap, had a point in being used and an interaction which was by no means mandatory, as you could roll with less critical chance, but still some critical chance, and another mod.

Bloodrush's extra critical chance per combo tier was cut down to around 1/3 of its former value on yet another pitiful nerf attempt that backfired while the max combo tier was pretty much tripled, from 4x to 12x, essentially going all the way around to put the mod at the same place as it was before, except now every other critical chance mod was made useless; even some mods that were/are in need of buffs such as true steel, prized mods such as sacrificial steel and mods that are behind 7 layers of rng like rivens.

All. Because. Of. One. Mod.

Bloodrush goes from 60% extra critical chance to 660% critical chance in under a minute. it was OP, it is OP and is now completely mandatory to the point where it killed the viability of any other mod since they are all additive

What did you have on your mind? To kill the whole sacrificial set, 1 primed 10 rank mod that gave players a sense of progression and rivens in the name of 1 mod?

I'll  repeat it because whoever was behind this terrible design didn't think this through: BECAUSE YOU WERE AFRAID TO NERF BLOODRUSH YOU NERFED E V E R Y OTHER CRITICAL CHANCE MOD.

And let's be honest here, Bloodrush multiplicative nature was only op because we had a mod that added FREAKING FLAT 90% CRITICAL CHANCE, which was thank God nerfed to oblivion.

The mods mentioned in the OP don't deserve the same fate as maiming strike.

In the same fashion, the now nerfed Condition Overload made a buncha other mods useless, mods like primed pressure point, sacrificial pressure (which was already kinda a joke really) and riven mods with damage on them.

All because you're too afraid to call a nerf a nerf, just reduce the values but don't kill interactions between mods and frames like you did with chroma.

People are forced to have a chroma build just because you decided to maintain the huge numbers, like 1000%, people were used to, when you could have just nerfed the buff to a value 1/3 of that while not forcing people to just switch serration for another mod.

That's not how you create diversity, you are limiting people even more.

Just like serration is a nerf to chroma, everything damage or critical chance related are now nerfs to melee weapons, bravo!

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr
  • Like 4

its funny how ppl are used to a totally, silly broken mod even tho it was never required to use it at all.

how about u try the new melee first before u rant ? new melee is better and more fun and if all u ever did was rely on combo counter sillyness especially with the broken math of bloodrush then now is the time to realise u never had to use that to begin with....

Edited by Xydeth
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

its funny how ppl are used to a totally, silly broken mod even tho it was never required to use it at all.

how about u try the new melee first before u rant ? new melee is better and more fun and if all u ever did was rely on combo counter sillyness especially with the broken math of bloodrush then now is the time to realise u never had to use that to begin with....

Flawed logic, i dont care about values, i'm talking about the interaction.

DE made mods like sacrificial steel and critical chance rivens useless.

I don't care if even after overstacking crit I'm not able to attain 100% critical chance, but i do care about when one mod makes another useless, that's everything we ask them not to do, not to make things mandatory.

Bloodrush is now the only viable critical chance mod, don't you get what i mean?

As i said, to me, they could erase the mod, i don't care. What they did, though, was to make EVERY OTHER MOD with critical chance useless.

And I'm not saying new melee isn't fun, i bet it is, even though i can't try, i'm just asking for one mod not to make another one useless.

Condition overload made primed pressure point and sacrificial pressure useless.

Bloodrush made sacrificial steel useless.

If you are ok with them killing two of the most expensive mods because of an obvious oversight, then there's nothing i can do to convince you how bad it is.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)cdzbrbr said:

And I'm not saying new melee isn't fun, i bet it is, even though i can't try, i'm just asking for one mod not to make another one useless.

Please, from one console player to another. Don't bash the new melee balancing without having played it. Blood Rush got nerfed, Maiming Strike got it's usability changed (a nerf somewhat) and not just that, Condition Overload didn't void the usefulness of Primed Pressure Point in the slightest. All it did is it gave players a better way to get damage, via CO. The meta with this update will effectively make everyone go through all the weapons and see which get used and which ones don't. 

tl;dr don't bash the update when you can't even play it yet. Use other mods. There's plenty of options to get damage, without the use of Condition Overload OR Blood Rush. 

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

The new melee is terribly weak to the point where every high level mission can safely be labeled as "NO MELEE ZONE".

Even the previously "useable" and now buffed melee weapons feel much weaker than before.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The new melee is terribly weak to the point where every high level mission can safely be labeled as "NO MELEE ZONE".

Even the previously "useable" and now buffed melee weapons feel much weaker than before.

I dunno about that. My Lesion butchered a L80 kuva guardian in about 1/3 of the time it took before the update. And I do mean butchered. Stab-stab-dead. I was very surprised when that happened.

That said, polearms are now one of the few usable weapon classes - due to nearly every single stance being complete and utter crap.

Edited by DoomFruit

47 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

I dunno about that. My Lesion butchered a L80 kuva guardian in about 1/3 of the time it took before the update. And I do mean butchered. Stab-stab-dead. I was very surprised when that happened.

That said, polearms are now one of the few usable weapon classes - due to nearly every single stance being complete and utter crap.

Its different for most weapons, most of my weapons feel considerably weaker against lv100+ enemies and honestly i dont have anything else to do than run eso/arbitrations or help newbies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xydeth said:

I've tried it. It's garbage. If you are happy with that trash performance, good for you.

• Like 5

vor 3 Stunden schrieb RedDirtTrooper:

I've tried it. It's garbage. If you are happy with that trash performance, good for you.

trash compared to silly broken math from before. ofc its worse, thats the point of a nerf.

time to actually care about combos, procc priorities and generally proper building instead of just slapping bloodrush and combo mods on and basically winning the game with 0 effort. even worse with maiming strike...

Edited by Xydeth

Yup. OP is definitely correct. Blood rush eclipses all other mods in terms of critical chance, and Condition overload outclasses every other melee damage increase mod.

That's what the math says. Can't really argue with it.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

trash compared to silly broken math from before. ofc its worse, thats the point of a nerf.

time to actually care about combos, procc priorities and generally proper building instead of just slapping bloodrush and combo mods on and basically winning the game with 0 effort. even worse with maiming strike...

Or, wild idea but hear me out, I can just act like melee doesn't exist. Just like everyone but new players and die hard enthusiasts did back when melee was completely inferior to ranged weapons previously. But you go ahead and keep drinking your coffee and saying everything's fine while the house burns down.

20130109.0.png

Edited by RedDirtTrooper
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Got to support this... from testing so far it really does feel like they're a lot weaker than before.  Weapons that used to easily handle level 100+ enemies are now struggling and that's ignoring the range nerf for some weapons.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Please, from one console player to another. Don't bash the new melee balancing without having played it. Blood Rush got nerfed, Maiming Strike got it's usability changed (a nerf somewhat) and not just that, Condition Overload didn't void the usefulness of Primed Pressure Point in the slightest. All it did is it gave players a better way to get damage, via CO. The meta with this update will effectively make everyone go through all the weapons and see which get used and which ones don't. 

tl;dr don't bash the update when you can't even play it yet. Use other mods. There's plenty of options to get damage, without the use of Condition Overload OR Blood Rush. 

That's exactly what I didn't do while also saying i wouldn't do. 

Fail to see your preoccupation.

Regarding your last paragraph, no, no other base damage mod is viable in comparison with condition overload.

i.e We are FORCED to use condition overload and FORCED TO DROP any other base damage mod.

The same goes for critical chance, we used to have 3 viable mods, 4 with rivens, now they all suck compared to bloodrush, which was itself nerfed.

It was an unecessary double dip nerf, a literall exponential nerf, since one nerf multiplies the other nerf. Get it?

It's an obvious oversight, they made half the mods from the umbra quest useless, we gotta tell them.

If something has to be nerfed or removed from the game it's bloodrush and condition overload, not that mods that interacted with them and were only in our builds because of that.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr
  • Like 4

Blood Rush and Maiming Strike were utterly broken and overpowered. Just like with many other aspects, DE should have nerfed them long ago. Crit chance over 200% shouldn't be the norm. Red critting after 10 melee swings was just silly.

And even despite the nerf, melee ramains really strong. It seems like a lot of people do not know how to mod.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Xydeth said:

Tried it, glad the post saved me lots of time

Also not using something the game provided is silly

1 hour ago, ShortCat said:

And even despite the nerf, melee ramains really strong

> takes twice as long as before to kill a mob

> lex prime still kills thralls in one shot

Its still usable.

Edited by RWBY-WhiteRose
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RedDirtTrooper said:

My apologies, feeling pretty frustrated right now. Was pretty excited about kuva liches but honestly don't even really feel like playing at this point.

Well Liches will ragdoll finisher you if you so much as step into melee range so

Guns are best 

Ah I love seeing people say “It’s the end of the world” but it isn’t.

Majority of players never go far than 30-60 minutes in a mission. Let me ask you a question.. who wants to waste hours in a mission that is difficult but you don’t get any bonus rewards from it? You? Ok, now let’s ask the majority of players.. oh what’s that? No? Ok. 

Sure, the new melee system, blood rush and condition overload nerf hugely impacts endurance runners. But you must realize that hitting a few times just to get red crits and x700 damage multiplier from 10 status effects is a bit ridiculous don’t you think? Oh I almost forgot, it’s stupidly easy to build a combo now that you can easily sustain x12 combo thus giving you 720% CC from the new blood rush.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Blood Rush and Maiming Strike were utterly broken and overpowered. Just like with many other aspects, DE should have nerfed them long ago. Crit chance over 200% shouldn't be the norm. Red critting after 10 melee swings was just silly.

And even despite the nerf, melee ramains really strong. It seems like a lot of people do not know how to mod.

You are correct sir, but the way they did it was terrible, they completely removed any viability from the mods i mentioned in the OP.

Can you imagine?

A super easy mod to obtain like bloodrush completely outclasses the prized and super hard to max sacrificial steel.

Condition overload, even if a bit rarer, completely outclasses primed pressure point and sacrificial pressure.

We have 2 umbral mods and 1 baro primed mod relinquished by a 15p mod and a 50p one.

Look I don't wanna focus on the value, but besides the absurdity of that, it kills any sense of progression, imagine a new player that was slowly but surely upgrading his primed pressure point now having to deal with the fact a 3 rank mod far outclasses it, like, wth?

It oozes amateurism from the devs, i'm sorry.

Not to mention rivens killed for the same reason.

Because DE was afraid to kill or nerf these 2 mods properly, they nerfed MANY OTHER mods.

Nerf WAS necessary, but said mods are now even more mandatory than before, that's my complaint and everyone's.

Woulda been better to just remove said mods from the game and further tweak base damage and critical chance.

As it is now, i'll repeat myself, mods mentioned in the OP  have no use on any build, much like serration has no place in a chroma build.

Edited by (PS4)cdzbrbr

DE is now dictating how and what players should play. Terrible. Just watch that DE Bear explaining why Catchmoon has to be nerfed. This new nerfing mentality is being applied to all areas of the game play. 

If players use too much of something, it’s abuse, nerf it. If players found out what is powerful and work hard to craft/get them, it’s called power creep, nerf it. If too many players love and use some weapon, nerf its stats and Riven disposition. If an ability makes the space ninjas’ day easy, take it away. 

All in the name of balance, killing the most fun, rewarding parts of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

Ah I love seeing people say “It’s the end of the world” but it isn’t.

Majority of players never go far than 30-60 minutes in a mission. Let me ask you a question.. who wants to waste hours in a mission that is difficult but you don’t get any bonus rewards from it? You? Ok, now let’s ask the majority of players.. oh what’s that? No? Ok. 

Sure, the new melee system, blood rush and condition overload nerf hugely impacts endurance runners. But you must realize that hitting a few times just to get red crits and x700 damage multiplier from 10 status effects is a bit ridiculous don’t you think? Oh I almost forgot, it’s stupidly easy to build a combo now that you can easily sustain x12 combo thus giving you 720% CC from the new blood rush.

I have loadouts that can do 13-14 status in secs. Does that mean I alway use them? No. Does that mean I do endurance runs often?  But I and many other players worked hard to create these builds were glad that we had that capability after working on such builds for months or even years to acquire all Mods and everything needed to have such power in the pocket. 

If like you worked hard, spent all the time and bought that $500,000 super car. Does that mean I am and will be racing that super car all day long?  No. It means if I park that car in the garage, you shouldn’t steal or damage it. 

The nerfing train wreck is still at full speed. Tomorrow some of your favorite weapons, loadouts and warframes and builds will also be destroyed if it keeps going. All your work and grinding in the game will be worthless. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 2