Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything about the Kuva Lich system is awful

veryhighcholesterol

1 minute ago, (PS4)de_sch0sch said:

If you play as mindfull as you post you acually deserved this.

I play just fine! This system is forced on you, its not optional, its not a quest I can choose if I feel I need challenge.

There is also no OPTION to disable stupid transmissions from that thing, you can only disable all of them. If this is considered content.. DE can go f themselves!

• Like 1

vor 4 Minuten schrieb anonimus_riga:

I play just fine! This system is forced on you, its not optional, its not a quest I can choose if I feel I need challenge.

There is also no OPTION to disable stupid transmissions from that thing, you can only disable all of them. If this is considered content.. DE can go f themselves!

It was forced at the beginning, but now it's not. It's up to the player to mercy a larvling or not. I had 1 lich to see if the system was fun or not to me. It was not and I watched every subsequent larvling die in front of me.

• Like 1

1. Remove "Reward Theft". Even introducing something as hindering gameplay mechanics (assassination groups you have to kill to complete a mission, doors getting auto-locked as the Lich taunts you, etc.) would be less punishing and far more involved methods of *tormenting* the player.
  2. Remove Kuva Lich's instant-death-on-Requiem-failure mechanism. It's not fun, engaging, or even necessary. It does not have the impact the Devs intended of making the Lich seem more dangerous or intimidating -- it's just annoying and immersion-breaking. It takes power out of the player's hands, and good game design should never do that.
  3. There should be a mechanism, like a puzzle menu similar to when we are using consoles to open doors, for the Requiem system when attempting to kill a Lich. Constantly going into the Parazon menu after every attempt is obtuse and highly inconvenient.
  4. The game should offer a guide or explanation for how the Requiem system works. When someone who has played this game since beta has to go and read a guide or patch notes to figure out how to operate the most basic tasks in a piece of content, then general conveyance has failed. To take this a step further, you cannot expect the average player to have the wherewithal or patience to study using outside tools to clear content they may have just stumbled into unintentionally. A tutorial or quest should be put together.

On 2019-11-03 at 2:56 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

I'm glad to finally have content I can work at, instead of just popping into a 20-minute mission and, oh look they handed everything I've ever wanted to me on a silver platter (RNG permitting).

It's not perfect. There's some room for improvement (like... it's stealing my Kuva relics. And my traces). But I don't feel the salt the way you are.

You said it yourself, "RNG permitting". But RNG does not often permit and that is where Warframe gets its grind from. I'm fine with 0.5% drop rates. I'm not fine with spending hours of my time, grinding out a Lich by process of elimination for a negligble reward. I don't care about the tax, I think the *concept* is very cool but it was intergrated very poorly. Too much time to get next to nothing out of it.

• Like 2

Am 3.11.2019 um 03:56 schrieb DrakeWurrum:

I am of exactly the opposite mind on this. I'm loving this system, and no... it doesn't feel half-baked to me at all.

I'm glad to finally have content I can work at, instead of just popping into a 20-minute mission and, oh look they handed everything I've ever wanted to me on a silver platter (RNG permitting).

It's not perfect. There's some room for improvement (like... it's stealing my Kuva relics. And my traces). But I don't feel the salt the way you are.

Of course your on the opposite mind on this because if we would write Kuva Lich on a pile of sh*t you would still see it as something valuable what means at the same time you could take a brick and hit your head several times yourself.

In my opinion, you can't defend such an obviously bad update which is at the same time a gamebreak.

Edited by Bezo31
because

On 2019-11-03 at 12:47 PM, veryhighcholesterol said:

DE promised us they would never introduce a grind as obnoxious as Cetus ever again, and then they introduced one that's even worse.

Well this is the year of broken promises. New war, new player experience,  king pin, a working railjack that's Connected to the game.   Orb mother 3.   And worst this will take DE harf the year to fix,  effecting next year's over hyped releases. ...

• 1 year later...
On 2019-11-02 at 10:47 PM, veryhighcholesterol said:

This half-baked system has introduced a tidal-wave of anti-fun and participating in it is a chore.

We can't kill the lich without the proper runes, fine. We need to open requiem relics to get those runes, okay. The only way to get the relics is kuva siphons, ugh. The relics may not always *give* those words, christ. When you finally get them, you don't know which words are the correct words without grinding for requiem murmurs for literal hours, getting old. Then when you know what runes to bring, you have to throw yourself at this jerkwad and *pray* that you had them in correct order, ugh. If you guess wrong you're instakilled, yeah great that's fine no really that's super awesome. Did I mention the literal fun tax? You don't get your loot until it dies. The upgraded grineer guns are neat, until you have to pay a 5-forma tax to get that last bit of mastery!

So there's a grind within a grind within a grind within a grind within a grind within a grind within a grind and all it's giving me is a headache. This system in its current incarnation sucks ass and is significantly overtuned. I'll nip the incoming slippery slope fallacies in the bud and say I'm not asking for handouts or asking for game-journalist easymode. What I'm asking for is a gameplay mechanic that doesn't turn me to drinking. Dial back the grind. DE promised us they would never introduce a grind as obnoxious as Cetus ever again, and then they introduced one that's even worse.

And on top of that the Requiem Mods breaking after a few successful uses.

All the irritation of collecting them and they Break.

As soon as I found that out I instantly hated the entire Kuva Lich Mechanic in it's entirety.

If the mods didn't break then I would have no issues with the mechanic.

Seriously constantly stealing my rewards isn't enough?!!!

#1 You farm Kuva for rivens anyway. This is something added on to Kuva farming to make it LESS grindy.
#2 If you're taking hours, you're doing it wrong. Only once have I not gotten my lich killed in more than 2 and only because I needed to go to bed.
#3 You grind missions for items so now there are missions where you grind multiple items at once. If you dont get one, you get something else.
#4 Cracking relics is a thing. Fewer rewards demand a higher price of having to bust em on the kuva fortress. Time gating at it's finest- So I'll give you this one.
#5 creating the lich couldnt be any easier without just letting you walk up to Maroo and buy one. I've only passed up 2 because I didnt want to duplicate just yet.

You're being too myopic. Being MR27 gives me the view that if you just have fun, you get stuff as a bonus for having fun. My first try at soloing Eidolons was a chore. And while part of it was for the grind of Rep and items, the main focus was to do it and have fun. Then take other people with so they can learn it and teach other people how. Yes I whined about the grind of Fortuna. And then once I got thru a lot and started helping others and showing them what I learned, it became less of a chore and more fun. I've getten to the point where I dont rush any game play any more. It becomes a job. And this is my pass time so Im not wanting it to be a chore.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

what bugs me about the kuva lich words is a clan member of mine had an idea that the words have some kind of poem connecting from each word you place in the right order.

but the more i thought about it the more i got confused because each lich i killed/converted the order was different mostly.

i really wish DE would give us a hint on if the sentences on each word meant something significant or not.

4 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

what bugs me about the kuva lich words is a clan member of mine had an idea that the words have some kind of poem connecting from each word you place in the right order.

but the more i thought about it the more i got confused because each lich i killed/converted the order was different mostly.

i really wish DE would give us a hint on if the sentences on each word meant something significant or not.

Have you completed the Entrati and Necramech syndicate progression? There's lore available in the Necramech Syndicate room, clockwise from the bottom from 7:00 (with the door behind you). It'll clue you in that, yes, these Requiems do have significance, and the proper order of the Poem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Have you completed the Entrati and Necramech syndicate progression? There's lore available in the Necramech Syndicate room, clockwise from the bottom from 7:00 (with the door behind you). It'll clue you in that, yes, these Requiems do have significance, and the proper order of the Poem.

Yes. I completed everything but i guess i must've missed the hint for the poems, thanks for the tips.