Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many Litch's you need to kill to get all weapons - The Numbers

Ady88

11 minutes ago, DLOArceus said:

Ok but no one cares. If people with a job and kids, which certainly aren't the majority of the playerbase considering that in a few days there were around 60000 liches created, wants these weapons so much then they'll get them via trading, but i'm sure you already knew that option is coming right?

You could say, many people don't care, but the fact I'm here with a job and a wallet that has supported DE for many years proves at least 1 person cares.  I know for a fact there are many but we really do not need to agree here.  

I have not heard anything about trading as an option.  What I have heard is many players saying they do not want a new riven system full of random stats cluttering the trade channel.  

I get it, I think stats should be normalized not just so trading can be possible, but because we were feed some BS.

DE said they have to limit riven mods to a set amount due to performance issues with random stats cluttering servers over thousands of players.  

Ok, so why do we have random stats on multiple guns and lichs now?  

I don't see trading happening in this messed up system. I hope I'm wrong because I'll pay my way out of the grind.  

11 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

Free content. That you opted into...and somehow don't want it. So don't do Lich Hunts my man. The weapons are well worth it and even getting the ones you don't want have been immensely enjoyable for many. Maybe you might have some with them? Consider the other 100s of weapons in the game.

13 feels like a small chunk but they are undoubtedly all top tier weapons. But granted...you don't need Kuva weapons to have a good time. I'm a collector myself and find the challege very rewarding and fruitful in the endeavor needed to get them all. Allready spent close to 2000 hours anyways.

I have 2.5 k plus hours, everything mastered, and I still believe the rng on the 13 generated weapons is a terrible idea it's just a gimmick disguised as content for who ever chases mastery.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

I have 2.5 k plus hours, everything mastered, and I still believe the rng on the 13 generated weapons is a terrible idea it's just a gimmick disguised as content for who ever chases mastery.

I chase it so that I can surpass you. Gotaa have goals but I'm a collector too so its a big win win for me. And weapons and items have more value when the journey to them is difficult. The weapons are not just playable items but more thropies with a story. Personal items that hold much more value than standard point and shoot nonsense.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)segulibanez65 said:

People want SUSTAINABLE content that doesn't burn them out after 10hr because it is built right on top of an old system that many people either a) have played to death b) hate the kuva siphons/floods in the first place c) both.

If I could just farm all the mods and never have to touch the relics again that would be a huge boon to the system.  But even if that were to happen, there is still only 1 weapon I want.  So if I get that weapon on my 5th lich, why would I ever touch the system again?  These aren't fun like eidolons, nor do you have the chance at getting highly sought-after rewards for your efforts like you do with eidolons.  What am I going to do with a kuva brakk?  Sure, its better than the old one, but it still feels bad to use.  

We'll have to see how DE handles it in the coming weeks.  I'd love to WANT grind this system for months of enjoyment, but in its current incarnation that is just not the case for myself and many others

And "sustainable" only exist for content in which a person enjoys for the sake of it. Yet when looking at complaints that have come out of these forums people want such content while claiming it doesn't exist in the game at all and prove they only play for rewards by not playing after finishing content. Thus the entire grind structure of the Liches is the most "sustainable" content can be for said people.

It can be redefined another hundred times over but it still comes down to this being something players have expressed a want for. If this still doesn't do it for people that have made these complaints then they either need to accept that they don't actually like the core gameplay itself or need to find a way to properly define "sustainable" in a way that will function for the game as a whole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trst said:

And "sustainable" only exist for content in which a person enjoys for the sake of it.

True, different people like different things.  There is another way to make content more sustainable though: universally good rewards that are either good on their own merits or can be traded, giving some value back for one's time that they sunk into the content.  I don't think everyone that runs eidolons absolutely loves the content, but at least after 200 or so Harry captures you have a set of arc energize to either use or sell.  

And I have no problems admitting that the core game modes just don't do if for me anymore.  Loved them in 2015.  Was indifferent in 2017.  To still be running that same content today just doesn't feel good anymore.  I was only speaking for myself as to why I've no motivation to do the lich system as it stands, and why it will be ignored by me once I get the sparse items I want out of it.  I'm sure others critical of the lich system have their own specific reasons, though I'm guessing there would be a lot of overlap in the reasoning... Some of us want an evolution of the game, not new systems wallpapered over the old.  Perhaps that is too lofty a want, idk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

Seeing as I've just gotten 3 liches in a row that have Kuva Seers all with 35% or less bonus.. yeah something needs to be done with the RNG on the kuva weapons..

Finally, my life long search for some poor schmuck who the RNG hates worse than me is over! Over, I say!  OVER!

I honestly thought this day would never come, but 3 Kuva Seers in row? You win! I happily hand my crown over to you. Good luck and my God have mercy on your soul.

10 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

Finally, my life long search for some poor schmuck who the RNG hates worse than me is over! Over, I say!  OVER!

I honestly thought this day would never come, but 3 Kuva Seers in row? You win! I happily hand my crown over to you. Good luck and my God have mercy on your soul.

I shall take this crown and let it be the mark of my curse.  It is what I must now endure after expending all of my good graces with RNGesus upon killing my first lv1 kuva lich on the very first try.

Edited by Lokidus_Prime

2 hours ago, Remedyheart said:

Free content.

In a for-profit product made by a for-profit company that selected the free-to-play model because it calculated it would be the most profitable. What, are we supposed to be grateful for something done in the pursuit of profit? Nah, man. Don't get emotionally attached to corporations, they sure as hell aren't to you.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 3

On 2019-11-05 at 7:36 AM, Genoscythe said:

DE: This is fine.

What? What one year if you play 2 hours a day? How is this any different than waiting for certain daily tributes other than being interactive?

I don't get it... if you have everything, then some of you will come complain about having nothing to do. If it takes too long to complete some challenge, then some of you will complain about how long it takes... even if some of the same people will then eventually and inevitably complain having nothing to do after DE nerfs it.

12 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

In a for-profit product made by a for-profit company that selected the free-to-play model because it calculated it would be the most profitable. What, are we supposed to be grateful for something done in the pursuit of profit? Nah, man. Don't get emotionally attached to corporations, they sure as hell aren't to you.

You couls quit the game ya know? It's service that will still be there, but if you'rr so upset and against the basics of what a corporate entity does than you could be the example and rebel against that.

Like honestly if you hate establishment than let it drown in its own mistakes. For now though I'm keep playong for free with my 40 frames 100s of weapons at my disposal and 2000 hours of gameplay.

For all free by the way. Still been getting like 10 times the entertainment from this one solid game for very minimal dollars spent.

2 hours ago, Remedyheart said:

I chase it so that I can surpass you. Gotaa have goals but I'm a collector too so its a big win win for me. And weapons and items have more value when the journey to them is difficult. The weapons are not just playable items but more thropies with a story. Personal items that hold much more value than standard point and shoot nonsense.

Go chase it, DE will decrease the grind in a few. Oh that's right it's an rng of 13 , good luck with that

Just now, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Go chase it, DE will decrease the grind in a few. Oh that's right it's an rng of 13 , good luck with that

I will! Just like I did with mods, frame BPs, weapon parts, rivens, my teammates, my guildies, tilesets, relic drops, twitch drops, ayatan sculptures, and everything else in this game.

You should really stop playing if the rng is driving you that high up the wall my dude. Because a looter shooter means randomness.

9 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

You couls quit the game ya know? It's service that will still be there, but if you'rr so upset and against the basics of what a corporate entity does than you could be the example and rebel against that.

Like honestly if you hate establishment than let it drown in its own mistakes. For now though I'm keep playong for free with my 40 frames 100s of weapons at my disposal and 2000 hours of gameplay.

For all free by the way. Still been getting like 10 times the entertainment from this one solid game for very minimal dollars spent.

I'd love nothing more than to let the establishment drown in its own mistakes, unfortunately the world is full of people like you keeping it afloat. And I'm not talking just about one video game company, btw. Uncritical fans (which is short for "fanatic", incidentally) with emotional connections to emotionless corporate and political entities are the source of literally all of the world's problems. Most are completely clueless about what they're doing and why, but the worst sort are those who are aware of their own deficiency and instead of bettering themselves, they choose to flaunt it.

Edited by SordidDreams

28 minutes ago, Remedyheart said:

I will! Just like I did with mods, frame BPs, weapon parts, rivens, my teammates, my guildies, tilesets, relic drops, twitch drops, ayatan sculptures, and everything else in this game.

You should really stop playing if the rng is driving you that high up the wall my dude. Because a looter shooter means randomness.

Hey white knight, come back when you have all 13 without DE changing this rng mess. By the way stop quoting people like they are attacking you personally, it's a bad game design that's all.

Edited by (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO

3 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

If you do 1 per day this is pretty reasonable.

Doesn't a lich kill take like four hours of continuous farming, according to someone in the thread? That's about four times more time than I have to play the game per day, and most of that is already occupied doing sorties, fissures, arbies, and various other things that lich farming is incompatible with. So no, it doesn't sound very reasonable to me.

Edited by SordidDreams

26 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

This. Brand loyalty is a poison, and I say that as somebody who can probably point to a few people on DE staff that I'd call genuinely likable.

It's a harsh truth, but in the vast majority of circumstances "brand loyalty" only hurts you as a consumer. On balance, it's overwhelmingly a bad deal for an individual to practice loyalty to a for-profit business. You really shouldn't do it, no matter how nice that one employee was to you that one time.

U26 arrived, I don't like it, so now my game time is mostly Destiny 2 and Fishing Planet. You are entitled to point and laugh at me for playing a fishing game.

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Doesn't a lich kill take like four hours of continuous farming, according to someone in the thread? That's about four times more time than I have to play the game per day, and most of that is already occupied doing sorties, fissures, arbies, and various other things that lich farming is incompatible with. So no, it doesn't sound very reasonable to me.

Since the new changes I've heard people are doing it in <1hr.

4 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Since the new changes I've heard people are doing it in <1hr.

Better, but I'd still like to be able to do it while doing the other stuff. If thralls showed up in sorties, fissures, and arbies, I wouldn't care if it took three years to get all the lich gear. The game is at a point where I'd prefer a slow passive grind to any kind of active grind, because there are already so many game modes that no matter what you pick, you're missing out on a lot. Liches should enhance the existing game modes, not compete with them, IMO.

Edited by SordidDreams

On 2019-11-05 at 11:24 PM, DrivaMain said:

If we multiply that by 4 hours (My experience of grinding the murmus + mods to kill one lich) we would get... 640 hours of grinding.... assuming RNG isn't totally screwing you up. If you are killing 1 lich per day that will take more you more than a year to get all of the weapons you wanted.

160 Liches at 1 Lich a day would be about half a year.

Better, but I'd still like to be able to do it while doing the other stuff. If thralls showed up in sorties, fissures, and arbies, I wouldn't care if it took three years to get all the lich gear. The game is at a point where I'd prefer a slow passive grind to any kind of active grind, because there are already so many game modes that no matter what you pick, you're missing out on a lot. Liches should enhance the existing game modes, not compete with them, IMO.

Oh for sure, I think you know im looking for the same thing. I've been posting that ad nauseum in every thread i can find.

5 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Oh for sure, I think you know im looking for the same thing. I've been posting that ad nauseum in every thread i can find.

Same. Too bad it will never happen, because DE doesn't understand the difference between "challenging" and "tedious". Pretty much all of WF's problems can be attributed to either that or rushed development.

Edited by SordidDreams

21 minutes ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

Hey white night, come back when you have all 13 without DE changing this rng mess. By the way stop quoting people like they are attacking you personally, it's a bad game design that's all.

Same. Too bad it will never happen, because DE doesn't understand the difference between "challenging" and "tedious".

That's fine meanwhile you go back to your own abusive relationships. Like Anthem, Destiny2, and Fallout76. But Imma stop there and just keep playing.

You want better but fail to see how this game improves over the competitors. DE got a record of handling their business better than most triple A companies. Have we forgotten that? My loyalty stems from the fact that they do not outright lie or withhold content from their games.

You have so many things given to you and this games spoils us to ridiculous levels. Yet somehow...this exists. Its as if you've never had a good game to experience in your lives before. Just honest to God dude maybe you should take a break. Be a Tenno amother day when you haven't burnt out on it completely.