Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coildrive fails to path to the ambush point in bounties [Fixed]

NemoThe6th

Having the same issue the coil drive just drives in to obstacle and doesn t reach the trap and if it doesn t get stuck anywhere it goes to the trap a stops right before reaching it, and are to able to hack and the timer starts but no enemies show up and when the timer end nothing happens and u have to abandon the bountie.

Same here.  Bounty is impossible to complete.  Coildrive never gets to the trap, it gets stuck on a fence or it goes round and round in place.  You can hack it where it sits but when the timer runs out you do not get mission complete because the game is still waiting for the trap to be sprung.

Non-bounty coildrives have the same issue.  They can't seem to travel in straight lines along the roads.

Got that bug twice today.

Second time got a CTD after attempting to capture the screenshot of coildrive being stuck 400m away from the trap (so I couldn't even get near it as I was abandoning the objective).

Screenshot taken earlier today. Pattern is the same: it starts circling, then finds lamppost with railing and gets stuck. It doesn't matter whether it saw you or not, gets stuck without any LoS possible. Doesn't get unstuck by moving around it or trying to get some distance in hope of triggering teleport logic. When I bullet jumped right under its belly it moved for a moment, made a small circle and returned to its favorite place.

Please, remove kavat&bedding AI from coildrives.

TVnP4M4.jpg

There has been multiple reports on this, which makes this all the more urgent to fix. Right now there are only 2 ways of getting most of the resources needed for Cephalon Cy. 1st invasions, 2nd and the actual farming method: orb vallis bounties. the one bounty that I keep getting, which also fails everytime due to some AI pathfinding bug, is the coildrive ambush part. 
Not a lot needs to be said other than, [DE] pls fix.

1 hour ago, SerenityEuphoria said:

Yup! Getting stuck too. No current way to get mutigen masses. Really sucks, need them for Railjack.

thats actually not true. you have a chance to get the coildrive mission so you still have a slim chance of completing all 5 missions but you dont even need to do that, as long as you complete at least 1 bounty step you have a chance of getting the mutagen mass, fielderon, detonite etc. since its a common reward. what i do is run the missions over and over again and if i get the coildrive mission i just extract trough the gate and do it again (you still get all the rewards even if you fail bounties)

haha the topics around prove it i guess 
here are some random pics of stuck coildrives

Is3l0un.png

qFIzTfq.png

X9VQYSH.png

edit:
was finally able to do one but 😛
it had stuck and i farmed 20k skate rep hoping it would unstuck to no avail (no required step just to show time passed and nothing changed)
but as i was abandoning the mission to extract it somehow teleported and was able to continue the mission (go away so it says abandoning mission and somehow it teleports where it needs to be, not in the mood to replicate it)

Jv5x2qd.png

Edited by Gio21

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

Times I encounter this bug it was always near terrain, a coincidence to the bug.

jQVDTmX.png

Yeah, I got sorta suspicious when one of them got stuck up against the side of a railing, but this time it just.... yeah it's absolutely bugged. Something about the Special Duty Coildrive makes it avoid the trap and stop driving.

Essentially forces a bounty failure when this objective pops up.