Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is rail jack required for future quest?

Dreadwire

8 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

I see so just that part.

So...Other new quest won't be effected ?

Considering railjack's description (which you get from Cephalon Cy during the quest) as a measure against Sentient threat, it will most likely be the prerequisite for The New War quest (which is the next part of main storyline).

27 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Was wondering if it's a mandatory requirement for future quest.

What if i skipped the ship building parts.

Let's put it this way: when Archwing first dropped it wasn't all that important for advancing through the game's content. Then we got The War Within and later we got the Profit-Taker Orb, and a lot of people cried like babies because they never leveled their Archwing-stuff...

Why wouldn't you do the Railjack stuff? What's there to lose for you? Nothing. You can only win by doing it.

Edited by WhiteMarker
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Dreadwire said:

Was wondering if it's a mandatory requirement for future quest.

What if i skipped the ship building parts.

Short Answer: Probably not if you have friends who you can ride with when they build theirs.

Long Answer: I cannot confirm or deny because it IS supposed to be the idea of people being able to ride in your ship as well, so there is a good chance you will not have to if you have friends who is building their own that you can ride with. I am now 100% sure on this though because if it is for the main plot line as I would have no idea how they would implement sharing a ride with a clanmate into the story since it has been a solo story all the way through so far.

I believe DE Steve has said they see Empyrean/Railjack being the "Future" of Warframe as it "glues" together all the gameplay modes/aspects.

That said, Steve 100% has committed to ensuring that Railjack gameplay will be Soloable, and etc. As to avoid alienating a massive portion of the playerbase.

So he's ensuring the gameplay will be accessible to everyone. (I admit...the fact its currently gated behind Clans has me scratching my head as one could argue that the Clan gate hurts accessibility...)

I mostly play Solo, and own a 1 person Clan. I will probably build what's required for quests but I may wait on building a Railjack as usually everything gated behind Clan Research has a Plat purchase option.

So it might be worthwhile to wait till Railjack's launch. Might just be able to outright buy the ship instead of toiling away in a vicious grind.

It probably won't be cheap though...

I do NOT see DE forcing players to join Clans & grind resources in order to progress the mainline story & etc. To do this is Bungie/Bethesda levels of bad game design, & DE (while they do fumble) typically stays within a good margin of accessibility...just barely.

As Railjacks will be as integral to the game as Archwing so...either:

A. There will be multiple "types" of Railjacks like with Archwing. (IE: Support, DPS, Defense, Stealth, etc) with Clan Research being the "Free Option"/path to obtaining them.

B. There will be a Quested Railjack, Clan Railjack, & Marketplace Railjack.

My money is on B.

Personally, I'd rather they just convert Landing Craft into the "Solo" Railjacks & leave the big multiperson ship for co-op play.

53 minutes ago, AriaSTG said:

but if u dont have such technologies, u cant space mining with the legendary Orokin Pickaxe :clem:

If DE want to go star citizen i would probably join the hype train.

As of right now i can't see the bigger picture of the spaceships warframe. 

Go with the big boy or stay with the fish team.

I can't decide.

Im sure the Empyean with the new sentients will be only doable after crafting this ship. Id say do it because its easy and everything seems to be all about this for the last 2 years. At least its not crazy RNG like the Lich for the things you need.

Judging from what DE have said, this ship will be used for much of the new content, as it's both DE's original vision for the game, and a means to 'lift up' and connect a lot of the disparate elements.

In other words, whilst you will still be able to experience all the old content just fine, in the event everything goes more or less to plan, a lot of the future content will rely on the Railjack.