Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE loves to implement incomplete systems.

b4timert

Before I start to list them i'll just say its just the ones I remember and im 100% sure there is many I forgot. I hope the new stuff isn't forgotten before they are done.

So here is the list ill try to start with older stuff that is left incomplete.

1)the relays we still don't have the clan hubs at the top floor(those blocked off areas in the relays)

2)2 of the 6 basic syndicates don't have a quest warframe. but at least one of the 2 have a frame grendel but i would still like getting a quest.

3)POE feels Incomplete the cave system feels left out and we only have 2 event on it. I feel that there should be more.

4)The same applies to Orb valis it feels that many areas is not used and it need more event. It feel like a giant white elephant could have had it at half the size and we wouldn't have missed anything. 

5) the Kitguns/Zaw's I feel that both could have had other variants added for example on POE guns that is primitive while on Orb energy based melee weapon and on a side note only 4 secondaries doesn't feel like a lot.

6) Where is the 3de orb mother?

7)A few weapons enemies have but we can't get.

8)Liches no explanation needed but i'm sure we will get more but how far wilL DE take it.

9)raids

10)dark sector what happened to the rework?

11)shields 2.0?

12)fix armor scaling

Stuff that feel like somethings missing

1)fokus, a fokus sink doesn't need to a lot maybe use focus to buy cosmetic or to buy boosters/relics.

2)syndicates, i feel like there should be more than 3 weapons.

3)syndicate assassins feel weird. Why do the new loka and red veil use infested or how do they even do something Alad V could not? 

4)pets 2.0  faster pet swapping (personally i want a pet zanuka or hyena i can still dream)

5)this might be a bit bias but ephemera need a rework they are suppose to be rewards for hard work so make it for hard work. I'll take liches for example they should not be tradable and you should get 1 after killing 10 liches of a elemental type no RNG and Then when I see someone use one I would go wow he killed 10 that 20-30 hours of hard work.But now i just feel like they got it thx to rng 31 liches in a row had none for me and that is after the drop% increase.

6)UI some part of the UI doesn't give enough info that you need.

7)codex I have quite a few enemies i still need scans of and I run around with a helios on every mission that im not ranking up a pet. At Least tell me where i can get that missing scan.

8)Tactical alerts they are fine but i feel like we need at least one a month or week just like the NW's

9) gauss and grendel's alt helms still not in NW shop.

10) the items in the NW shop might need cost adjustments.

11) Im not going to make a list but there is a few stuff that isn't NW weeklies and the current ones isn't balanced. there is elites that don't even take 10 min and then there is normal ones that can take up to 30+ min

12) this is more of a bug but the animal hunting is full of them. For example the new cats echo lure is broken it just jump to the final location.

13)even the current grineer lich system need a lot of work. namely to sell a unwanted lich somehow integrate it with normal gameplay and making nodes more uniform since they are becoming ghost nodes since i have to solo most of them now. i would even go so far as think they need to have 10 ranks but on rank 1 they start at lv 20 since you can make liches on rank 20+ missions.The rage meter also need a bit of work maybe instead of resetting they lose somewhere between 50-75% of the rage so unlucky players have some progress at getting their attention but im not i game designer so DE cantweek the exact numbers.

14) nightwatch would like to see them in some repeatable event.

15)melee 3.0 needs a few tweeks

16)more of a complaint but the NW chapters should be planed better.

17)many might disagree here but i feel rivens need a rework. i would like it if i could lock at least 1 stat or stat time for example lock crit chance.

feel free to add more i'm sure i missed a lot of stuff.

• Like 6

I understand the frustration, I feel it too sometimes. But the title you chose doesn't encourage constructive feedback, and is inaccurate as far as I can tell.

The fact is that any work is subject to a conflict between time and quality. In the case of DE, they have to find a compromise between polishing every aspect of the game and creating new content. It was shown in many fields that the curve isn't linear at all, like in the example below.Opp_Curve_Forsyth_1.jpg

If DE polish too much they will take too long and lose too many players. If they create new content every week it will be unplayable and they'll lose players. So they chose to release new content regularly and focus on fixing only the things that we complain the most about. They don't "love" this situation, but that's the best they can do. Actually they're pretty good at finding a balance.

With that in mind, every time I'm having fun but get frustrated by something that is not polished enough, I remind myself that it's a sign of a healthy free-to-play game, as weird as it sounds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lluid said:

The fact is that any work is subject to a conflict between time and quality.

And Efficiency.

That is generally where DE fails. All the Time and Quality in the world cannot save poor efficiency.

Working on numerous projects at once is often quite efficient but not when you forget about them or do a 180 on concept halfway through.

I've mentioned it a lot in the past but DE's Development styles seems to always be uphill and circular in nature. They need to develop systems within the game that allow content additions to coast and bring more value to their work for long term play instead of these stand-alone concepts that have nothing else in the game to work off. Adding a new frame for instance should give the player a slew of new ideas and concept on how to approach current content... but it doesn't. Least not much. Certain things work, others don't.

There's not a well developed core system involved to allow new concepts to grow into new ideas and play styles.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Lluid said:

The fact is that any work is subject to a conflict between time and quality. In the case of DE, they have to find a compromise between polishing every aspect of the game and creating new content.

Except lately we've been getting a fair share of content that both takes long and doesn't live up to even lenient quality expectations.

Old Blood is pinnacle of this. The Kingpin system, as it was originally called, has been on the work table for around three years now. Yet what we got in the end doesn't even pretend to have any cohesive sense with its mechanics and if people want to play with friends, their progress/rewards are hindered compared to random squads.

DE as of late is in a frenzy of starting ambitious projects, presumably neglecting everything else, and then hurriedly scrambling together something that resembles what was promised but is actually empty on the inside, when they see the charts drop too much. Then it's promptly abandoned and all that time and sacrifices made along the way are effectively wasted.

• Like 1

At least they implement it and let us play with it in a finished product, unlike a pew pew ga... project named Star something ^^

One thing that frustrates me though is all the great places in Orb Vallis which aren't used at all. I think of the people designing/coding/testing it and... Nothing, it's there for roaming, but nothing to do. Some places are so well designed they should be used in single player RPG type games.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

And Efficiency.

In the past I've mentioned the inefficiency of not polishing new Warframe kits before release. 

Understandably, older frames have needed reworks just due to the fact that the game changed so much since their launch causing things that used to be useful to now be pointless. But there have been more than enough frame releases that people have said from the start was pointless and they don't get reworked for years. Having to go back repeatedly to fix broken mechanics is far less efficient than taking a little extra time to get it right from the beginning when the project is still fresh in the developers' minds.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

In the past I've mentioned the inefficiency of not polishing new Warframe kits before release. 

Understandably, older frames have needed reworks just due to the fact that the game changed so much since their launch causing things that used to be useful to now be pointless. But there have been more than enough frame releases that people have said from the start was pointless and they don't get reworked for years. Having to go back repeatedly to fix broken mechanics is far less efficient than taking a little extra time to get it right from the beginning when the project is still fresh in the developers' minds.

One could question why the game has changed to such a drastic point that fundamental concepts like CC or Support became irrelevant in the first place. DE stepping on it's own designs rendering them pointless and forcing themselves to rework not because they're out of date or flawed but because new methods made them so.

Hence the circular nature of their Development.

Then of course it's not polished such as Garuda's Mirror and numerous Barrier effects / Terrain cover have been reported since release. A fundamental enemy design problem with Radial damage that's been in the game since release thus everything they add suffers from this flaw because it was never fixed.

Flaws in the core game from literally 7 years ago still affecting new frame designs is a pinnacle on inefficient development.

Edited by Xzorn
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Lluid said:

I understand the frustration, I feel it too sometimes. But the title you chose doesn't encourage constructive feedback, and is inaccurate as far as I can tell.

The fact is that any work is subject to a conflict between time and quality. In the case of DE, they have to find a compromise between polishing every aspect of the game and creating new content. It was shown in many fields that the curve isn't linear at all, like in the example below.

This only applies to pushing a product to a sellable state.
It does not apply to sustaining a continuous product (be it tools, electronics, software or any other version).
In fact returns and reuse of old resources with little additions it directly correlates to player retention as World of Warcraft had proven before Blizz finished pissing all over their lore to then just to finishing the gutting of classes and finally rest of the basics of game design. Like the addition of the derelct zealot/emissary assassinate key.

And here is the thing, im 100% sure its a question of QA to dev loop and/or lacking dedicated teams whose main job should be "playstest everything as players do with QA/bugtesters and tweak to make missed points consistent with the rest of the game". It took nagging Pablo on his streams about absorption mechanics and invul effects and some 3 or 4 confirmations of "no it doesnt work like nyx or nidus or garuda" fix so that titania lantern finally absorbs damage the lantern-ed enemy takes/doesnt make it the only skill that actively buffs a enemy into being unkillable while wasting time and resources of players if the titania didnt know she could blow em up.
Same way im 100% sure no one at DE that has a word even knew that full animation slows gave condition duration when nerfing it away with stasis/freeze/petrify making enemies immune to new status effects or that ivara navigator pausing projectiles enabled her to do cool tricks (instead of suicide if you attempt to do so with a self damage timer weapon as it is right now). A consistent team working and noting everything before comparing notes would need to be on every day every year to keep track of it all.

• Like 1

Gentleman, the reason you are frustrated is because DE is not listening. They may hear us, and what they may hear is straight from the Peanuts, "Whuah whaaa whahaaa Whoahaaa waaa whaa whoahaaa waaa".

Much has changed over the past couple of months. DE instead of being the darling industry leader, now seems to be hell bent for leather eroding their community good will, flushing it down the proverbial toilet bowl as fast as a Kavat scan spin it off the toilet roll. Yes, I know, Hyperbole, but it is not far from the truth either. DE is responsible for just about every legitimate short coming cretinism levied against them of late. It is as frustrating and heartbreaking to see.

I am no Chicken Little nor am I a Sir Gallahad, I am the voice of reason Realist. I see the vast potential of this game as I think many of you do too, who have probably invested real money into DE believing DE will continue to develop in good faith.  Unfortunately after the Old Blood and the November DEBear Lips Service update, I have/had reached my limit. DE is responsible for their inefficient, half assed project methodology Everything the OP listed is one among many other projects DE half asses and half bakes. When all it would take is for a FOCUSED team that practiced a little Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. DE could have shown its community that  they can created a new game system, polish it, systems complete to be enjoyable, challenging and replayable.

DE was so close to being there and then they balked, turning away from it. They asked for our Feed back. We have given them a metric $hit ton of it, much of it on point, brilliant, clever and effective solutions that would see the Old Blood be something great. Instead DE has chosen to be Radio Silent for over a month. Instead we got a S#&$ show of a Devstream 2 weeks ago for the Rising Tide Update, and I fear we may get yet more Lip Service later today when DE wants to announce it's Empyrean soon to be latest $hit Show.

Why should any of us be excited for Empyerean, when the Old Blood was a system announced, asked for and wanted for about 3 years. At least a year longer than the unasked for but we will go along for the ride because it is Steve's dream, Empyrean? Even that has had just about 2 years of development  time. They could not even fix all of the game breaking bugs from the Old Blood release,they could not even be bothered to update us before Empyrean release or the Vauban and Ember Reworks. Instead we get Radio silence.

DE deserves NO MORE EXCUSES from us. They have brought all of these complaints on themselves. They act like a company now making Triple A level's of money. They certainly are making more money than they have been since their expensive advertising campaigns. It is time they start putting their money where their mouth is and did things with just a modicum of organisation. Stop biting off more than they can chew whilst hyping up systems that will just lead to disappointment. Again this is all on DE as every system they have released has such vast potential, it just has half assed half baked half focused follow through. IT IS TIME THAT CHANGED.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1

I understand there is quality time invested concerns. But how hard are some of the point.

Weapons enemies have but we don't have how long will they take to make?the weapon is already in the game all they have to do is think about how we will get it and give it stats. new Syndicate weapon the proc is already in the game just have to make a new skin and slightly alter the weapons stats as for the steel meridian not having warframe linked to it well if they are lazy just add a shop in the relay with them selling it like they did with the arbiters. as for a use for fokus just make it cost 1 mil for a 1 hour booster so it not something you will use every day but will if you really need to if they don't want to make cosmetics.

Some of the stuff i know will take long, like raids and dark sector I understand if they don't want to add them. But some stuff I expect to be finished like the 3de orb mother. or the giant area like orb valis or the caves having something to do in them. Why waste time in making things that not even used or even seen by some players. How long did it take to make the caves and then the only thing it was used in was a event that only happen 2-3 times in 2 years. and all those detail on OV and most areas isn't even used. Then there's the niche stuff like frame fighter and the guitar, lunara or even conclave sure its neat and cool but how long did you use them? and it doesnt change the fact that most of those nich non game effecting side stuff took time to make most of them wasnt good and if you want to play guitar or fighting games there is games out there that does it better.

Im sure there is people that like those stuff but it doesnt change the fact that they did waste time on making them.

As for fixing liches just increasing thrall spawn rates to 10-15 spawn every 5 min it should speed it up and make it feel better even if you solo how long will it take to program a increasing in spawn rates? When doing solo lich mission there is a noticeable decrease in thralls. Then see how it feel for the players and tweek it again if it didn't do what they or the players wanted.

On 2019-12-06 at 1:47 PM, b4timert said:

gauss and grendel's alt helms still not in NW shop.

You were saying? It's right there now in the Gift of the Lotus. And it will be in NW sooner or later. Grendel just came out also. It's too soon for that to be in NW yet.

Some patience and it will arrive.

Just like how the Kingpin discussion brought up ages ago produced the Kuva Lich system

And Wukong, Ember and Vauban got reworked.

Warframe IS an incomplete system.

If you disintegrate Warframe into its compositional parts (focus, mods, syndicates, skills, weapons, warframes, pets, missions, maps ...) What percentage of all existing do you actually use in the course of your actual game? How much is useful or efficient?

Indeed: a small fraction of the percentage.

I assure you from here that we could play Warframe by removing 80% of the content and we would not notice the difference currently.

DE has always been characterized by "... making the lake wider, but not deeper."

• Like 1

I'm sure this is on the wrong Subforum but...

On 2019-12-06 at 6:38 AM, Tatann said:

At least they implement it and let us play with it in a finished product, unlike a pew pew ga... project named Star something ^^

One thing that frustrates me though is all the great places in Orb Vallis which aren't used at all. I think of the people designing/coding/testing it and... Nothing, it's there for roaming, but nothing to do. Some places are so well designed they should be used in single player RPG type games.

This is what really sucks, PoE & Vallis are one of the best places to be at, they are so rich in detail and yet... the bounties on the Vallis only have us run about up to 1 or 2km away from Fortuna itself, leaving over 60% of the caves and facilities unexplored.

1 hour ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:

I'm sure this is on the wrong Subforum but...

This is what really sucks, PoE & Vallis are one of the best places to be at, they are so rich in detail and yet... the bounties on the Vallis only have us run about up to 1 or 2km away from Fortuna itself, leaving over 60% of the caves and facilities unexplored.

Also since the update, with some friends, we always get the same 4 or 5 locations on rotation for bounties in Vallis, leaving a lot of zones unused :(

This really ruins the experience. I have already maxed this content so I only do it for fun (one of our friends is still grinding it) but it's hard to find fun when you know you're gonna visit the same places again and again, especially when you know there's so much unused locations