The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Liches will still kill you no matter what.

ixidron92

Confirmed in the devstream. No plans to change it. If you stab it, you'll die. 

Of course, they wasted so much time mo-capping those kill scenes and you're gonna enjoy them whether you want it or not, Damnit! They read the feedback, like they said. They noticed several people complaining about that, and... no f*cks given.

So, voice your opinion people: Do enjoy Liches killing you no matter what? Yes? No? Is the fact that liches will always kill you something that discourages you from playing the lich system?

Edited by ixidron92
  • Like 2

It nonsense. Simple as that. 
So Steve says there will no change to you dying for not knowing the order of mods which you cant find out in any other way as in suiciding. Why? Arguments please, not just "I am the developer, my decision is final."
Why not add skill, why not give us the ability to work  at the very least work for the order WITHOUT dying? If "dying in a video game is no big deal", then why force us to do it, why not remove it so the people who do have a legitimate problem with it are happy and the one who don't are happy, because it didn't matter to them in the first place? 
Is this just Steves sense of having to have the last word?

Edited by Har-Vestor

hace 1 minuto, Iamabearlulz dijo:

I agree with your sentiment here. There's no reason for the Liches to kill you after you down them, and Steve gave no reason. There's literally nothing behind this other than "Die, fool".

I think there is a reason. The fact that he paused for sooooo long before responding with a simple no is because they don't what us to know what the reason is. My bet is, there's a mechanical reason, something codewise that would require a lot of work to fix.

I see what Steve's point in the stream was with how there should be an enemy that kicks our butt for a change, but in the current system there is no way to avoid this. If you want to find the correct Parazon mods, you HAVE TO get killed. I like the Lich system in general but this isn't a fun or engaging mechanic in any way.

Also I don't think anyone realized Liches also die when they kill you until Steve mentioned it in the Devstream today. I think that should be more emphasized.

Edited by DawnMad

I don't find hitting the revive button to be fun either.

Here's to hoping Empyrean doesn't get hamstrung by people that find masochism to be "fun and engaging".  That would make me really sad, and probably incur more charges against Prime Access purchases based on alcohol consumed to tolerate "fun and engaging masochism".

Such a shame.

hace 3 minutos, DawnMad dijo:

I see what Steve's point in the stream was with how there should be an enemy that kicks our butt for a change, but in the current system there is no way to avoid this. If you want to find the correct Parazon mods, you HAVE TO get killed. I like the Lich system in general but this isn't a fun or engaging mechanic in any way.

Also I don't think anyone realized Liches also die when they kill you until Steve mentioned it in the Devstream today. I think that should be more emphasized.

There's a difference between enemy that could kick your ass and enemy that will kill you, period, no matter what, because muh, mechanics.

Also, it's not really show in-game how they actually die. All you see is them absorbing your powers and disappearing. They don't drop dead, they simply poof out of existence.

What ? the liches die when they kill us ?
They shine °-° that's not a death, that's not a dismemberment !
Their dialog still has no sense.
I am, currently, over 200% disapointed by Steve's anwser, and I don't want to be disappointed by steve, I love him T.T

I love the game since forever, I absolutely love all the ideas that make this game, I'm 100% in love with the style of the universe, you could say I'm the whitest of all the white knights xD I don't care.
But on this idea ! I cannot .. I cannot, sorry, for the first time, I have an idea to hate because it's bad, sincerely, bad. I say that with all my expertise of 6 years in this game,
this idea must disappear !
And I want to see everyone in my case say it as loud as me !

The reason why it's a bad idea is simple !
It's a useless idea !
The lich does not need to kill us in a guaranteed way on this finisher failure, to be an enemy capable of killing us.
It already can catch us during the fight, anytime.
Put real damage on this kind of attack ! Trigger the cutscene of our death in the case of mortal damage ! There you go !
You have your lich capable of killing a warframe !
No need to #*!% up the basic idea ! No need to force people to die !

Look a little at the current situation, we are dead, at his feet, and we learn something ? xD (murmurs)
What will happen when we attack the lich on his ship ?!
We will die in front of it, use a revive, and the lich will always be there ?
I hope it will not go, it's his ship !
The system was perfect as presented to the Tennocon, and this ugly idea of mandatory death brings a whole lot of useless inconsistency !

So, I repeat the correct way to fix the system :

The lich has a 3 part life bar.
- We empty the first.
- We attempt the mercy.
- First mod correct. ^^
- We empty the second part.
- We attempt the mercy.
- Second mod, wrong °-°
- The lich throws us away. IMPORTANT
- We are still alive. Maybe a little script for his AI, more attempt of grabbing us here.
- We empty the third.
- We attempt the mercy.
- First mod correct, second wrong, third ? Don't know. Because to know that, we need to succeed on the second '-'.
But in the end, the lich is dead on the floor, killed the wrong way.
So the Kuva reacts, like it did when the lich was still a Larvling..

I don't know how to end this message.. thanks for reading '-'

Look at the bright side.

We no longer need to bother with the system at all, since DE doesn't want to bother with it either, just kill your current Lich and never make one again, make the system deader than Archwing ever was and we'll see how they feel in a few months, or when they add Corpus or Infested equivalents.

• Like 2

il y a 6 minutes, ixidron92 a dit :

The more people who complain, the worse the atmosphere, the less people will spend in the game. Once you touch their wallet, that's how things change.

I don't like that because I know they don't deserve that, the game is one of the most successful games, and this dev team is among the most competent in my opinion, but if we have to get angry to make them realize that they have made a serious mistake, (although it may seem like it's not so bad), I'm ready. '-'

I don`t understand why they wouldn`t just play the assasination animation, and then play the shining ressurection animation.

It`s all there, the only thing that`s wrong is the sequence of events.

And as for the leftover mo-cap, maybe make another grab/throw animation that includes that? Either that or just let it go, which wouldn`t really take away from anything.

This Russian Roulette mechanic even worse than some Destiny's 2 exotic quests that required you to play PvP matches, and if you suck at those your progress would roll back to initial. But even those were tied to skill, not a chance. So going to kill current Lich and never touch it anymore. There's plenty other stuff in the game.

6 minutes ago, Lightel03 said:

And as for the leftover mo-cap, maybe make another grab/throw animation that includes that?

It wouldn't be difficult to predetermine whether the damage will be fatal when a lich grabs you, and play the appropriate animation based on that. But no, it's a death in cut scene on victory. Yeah, that totally feels great after removing the lich's health bar in 3 seconds...

il y a 6 minutes, GruntBlender a dit :

Ostensibly, the 2 hour lich grind is there because they didn't think people wanted to wait 3 months for the kuva weapon

Obviously in the context of Warframe, even a nemesis cannot decently take us 3 months to kill.
But here we are farming, a nemesis. do you realize how absurd it is ?
Some people had already mastered all the kuva weapons, in a few days/week..
Do you see the massive loss of credibility that this causes ?
The principle of a nemesis, is destroyed.

• Like 1

You could easily make sense of it...

The Tenno aren't worried about the death of their Warframes, but they are essentially the peacekeeping force of the origin system...now working towards stopping an oppressive tyrant that they, themselves, created. It makes perfect sense that they wouldn't hesitate to throw themselves into harms way...as they regularly do just that. The fact that the liches go from a downed state to suddenly murdering you could be explained by the incorrect sequence of requiem mods being what imbues them with greater power, rather than their murder of you...so they get a rush of strength and break you before departing through their further ascension.

Pretty easy to explain it within the lore's context...but I can see how it's not fun to some. Personally, I don't care...it's not really a big deal to me...especially in a game where death holds so little meaning.

il y a 5 minutes, TenebraeAeterna a dit :

You could easily make sense of it...

The Tenno aren't worried about the death of their Warframes, but they are essentially the peacekeeping force of the origin system...now working towards stopping an oppressive tyrant that they, themselves, created. It makes perfect sense that they wouldn't hesitate to throw themselves into harms way...as they regularly do just that. The fact that the liches go from a downed state to suddenly murdering you could be explained by the incorrect sequence of requiem mods being what imbues them with greater power, rather than their murder of you...so they get a rush of strength and break you before departing through their further ascension.

Pretty easy to explain it within the lore's context...but I can see how it's not fun to some. Personally, I don't care...it's not really a big deal to me...especially in a game where death holds so little meaning.

It's also the way I explain it to myself, if I really had to accept it.
but I still do not want to accept this idea because it's just bad.
It's like if a game master of a roleplay session, unfairly decided to kill a player, like that, on a whim.
This death is absolutely not the result of a player's incompetence.
It is rather the result of an incompetence of the dev to produce an enemy constituting a real threat.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TenebraeAeterna said:

I care that it's not fun. I care that it's not what was shown originally to hype it up. I care that it's not long term or in any way sustainable.