Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Will Railjack Work?

Ianto_Ashur

Just now, TheMightyAsylum said:

But doesn't that make me just as inconsiderate as they are? 

NO and while I understand what you're saying, if they're not going to contribute, it's better off they learn a harsh lesson instead. Either they bring the right tools or they get zero rewards. By simply picking them up you're showing them that there's no downside to leeching and levelling their frames while letting someone else do all the hard work.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

NO and while I understand what you're saying, if they're not going to contribute, it's better off they learn a harsh lesson instead. Either they bring the right tools or they get zero rewards. By simply picking them up you're showing them that there's no downside to leeching and levelling their frames while letting someone else do all the hard work.

Okay, fair point. 

When I started the game I had a good mentor. He told me that when I want to rankup a frame I should equip all survival mods possible, because I want to stay alive getting affinity and not slowing down my squad getting downed.

So when I see those 'players' with 100shield/150health going down with full energy (no quick thinking). I just let them warm the floor.

Edited by DarkSkysz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DarkSkysz said:

When I started the game I had a good mentor. He told me that when I want to rankup a frame I should equip all survival mods possible, because I want to stay alive getting affinity and not slowing down my squad getting downed.

So when I see those 'players' with 100shield/150health going down with full energy (no quick thinking). I just let them warm the floor.

In my experience that still doesn't teach people, though. They just keep doing the same stuff, keep expecting other people to lift their weight, then act like everyone else is the problem when they don't get what they want. 

• Like 1

Honestly most of the problems originate from players simply putting up with leeches. A little while ago there was a GOTL level 75 enemies interception. Stupidly I decided to go public incase the map was a large annoying one. It was the Mercury Grineer defense tileset with the large core to defend in the center. I went in with a max Dur Slowva and the other 3 were 2 Inaros and a Valkyr, all around MR 15-20. I start CCing the map but noticed that they were instantly attacking all the enemies and in some cases not even bothering to capture the points(at the start I had to capture 2). This led me to having to continually re-prime the map which was irritating and costing me energy pads. So I asked nicely after wave 1 "Hey can you guys plz stop killing everything? I'm keeping everyone slowed and would like to not have to keep recasting". I got the usual snarky replies of "lol we're winning anyway who cares". I replied that this was because the entire map was primed and I was killing any that went for a console to which I basically got told by all 3 to shut up and do something useful since I wasn't getting any of the kills. So I said fk it, went into my Operator, went void mode and watched the fun as 1,2,3 points all get taken(I made sure to keep mine clear) and then watched the comments in chat roll in "Man we're gonna fail WTF" "Hey Zilchy can you do something plz?" "Why is this so hard all of a sudden?" etc etc etc... all the way until mission failed. Tough luck kids, go leech someone else, I'll go solo instead now I know what tileset it is. I should've just solo'd it first go regardless of tileset tbh. 

But because many other players simply tolerate it and I get it, you want to not waste your own time by having to redo a mission... sadly leeching will get worse and worse. Most of these players just need more "tough love" instead of being given everything on a silver platter. They are literally wasting YOUR time because they wish to maximise THEIR time by accomplishing more things in one mission by letting someone else do the objective while they rank up gear.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

7 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Honestly most of the problems originate from players simply putting up with leeches. A little while ago there was a GOTL level 75 enemies interception. Stupidly I decided to go public incase the map was a large annoying one. It was the Mercury Grineer defense tileset with the large core to defend in the center. I went in with a max Dur Slowva and the other 3 were 2 Inaros and a Valkyr, all around MR 15-20. I start CCing the map but noticed that they were instantly attacking all the enemies and in some cases not even bothering to capture the points(at the start I had to capture 2). This led me to having to continually re-prime the map which was irritating and costing me energy pads. So I asked nicely after wave 1 "Hey can you guys plz stop killing everything? I'm keeping everyone slowed and would like to not have to keep recasting". I got the usual snarky replies of "lol we're winning anyway who cares". I replied that this was because the entire map was primed and I was killing any that went for a console to which I basically got told by all 3 to shut up and do something useful since I wasn't getting any of the kills. So I said fk it, went into my Operator, went void mode and watched the fun as 1,2,3 points all get taken(I made sure to keep mine clear) and then watched the comments in chat roll in "Man we're gonna fail WTF" "Hey Zilchy can you do something plz?" "Why is this so hard all of a sudden?" etc etc etc... all the way until mission failed. Tough luck kids, go leech someone else, I'll go solo instead now I know what tileset it is. I should've just solo'd it first go regardless of tileset tbh. 

But because many other players simply tolerate it and I get it, you want to not waste your own time by having to redo a mission... sadly leeching will get worse and worse. Most of these players just need more "tough love" instead of being given everything on a silver platter. They are literally wasting YOUR time because they wish to maximise THEIR time by accomplishing more things in one mission by letting someone else do the objective while they rank up gear.

This is entirely topical and all too common. I do my best to solo as much as possible if I can't get a group together, but there are things that just doesn't make sense for. Fissures are a great example. What makes more sense? 1 Relic for 1 chance at a rare, or 1 relic for 4 chances at a rare?

I try so hard to make more friends to be able to build groups, but only a few are really two-way-street kinds of friends. Most always decline to help me when I need it, but then every time they need something, message me for assistance. I've at least learned to tell those people no. 

3 minutes ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

This is entirely topical and all too common. I do my best to solo as much as possible if I can't get a group together, but there are things that just doesn't make sense for. Fissures are a great example. What makes more sense? 1 Relic for 1 chance at a rare, or 1 relic for 4 chances at a rare?

I try so hard to make more friends to be able to build groups, but only a few are really two-way-street kinds of friends. Most always decline to help me when I need it, but then every time they need something, message me for assistance. I've at least learned to tell those people no. 

Sounds like you need to look for a good clan mate, there are some decent ones out there for group missions. As for fissures, I either do public capture or exterminate fissures or I use Discord to find proper groups for longer runs.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Sounds like you need to look for a good clan mate, there are some decent ones out there for group missions.

I run my own clan. My experiences with other clans weren't that great, so I made a place where I wouldn't be under anyone else's thumb. I stream Warframe and used to have a pretty good group of friends that ran together, but most stopped streaming/playing the game because they burned out too hard after trying to do 4x3 tridolon hunts and now it's really hard to find consistently available people. Mostly these days I just get people that show up and flat out ask me to carry them, don't even say hi. Or that guy that showed up and the first thing out of his mouth was asking if I would give him a drifting contact and a maiming strike (prior to the melee changes, of course). And then there's the people that see how much plat I have and the first thing out of their mouth is something to the effect of "wow, you have a lot of plat... you should do a giveaway."

I legitimately have no idea where to find people that want to actually play the game, rather than have stuff handed to them by Warframe partners/streamers. 

4 minutes ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

I run my own clan. My experiences with other clans weren't that great, so I made a place where I wouldn't be under anyone else's thumb. I stream Warframe and used to have a pretty good group of friends that ran together, but most stopped streaming/playing the game because they burned out too hard after trying to do 4x3 tridolon hunts and now it's really hard to find consistently available people. Mostly these days I just get people that show up and flat out ask me to carry them, don't even say hi. Or that guy that showed up and the first thing out of his mouth was asking if I would give him a drifting contact and a maiming strike (prior to the melee changes, of course). And then there's the people that see how much plat I have and the first thing out of their mouth is something to the effect of "wow, you have a lot of plat... you should do a giveaway."

I legitimately have no idea where to find people that want to actually play the game, rather than have stuff handed to them by Warframe partners/streamers. 

Discord mate. We're all on Discord. My clan runs 6 dojos, we have some inactive players and some keen players, you're always going to get both. But we run recruiting channels for players who want to find other decent players to do missions with. And there's other channels like that out there.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

So far, my best hope is that it'll work like "drop jack and solo everything with Amesha".

I get bonus points for playing from Russia. Only way to connect to premade groups is with VPN. Which pretty much disqualifies me from hosting.

Edited by Serafim_94

2 hours ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

By recruit do you mean recruit to your own clan? Or just find people and make friends?

Both, really.
More clan mates (if they're sensible) means more potential squad mates you can trust to work with you.
And more friends isn't a bad thing, since even the largest clans have slow times.

49 minutes ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

Discord's a good one, a lot of the bigger clans have a channel. Hell, my clan's got one and we're not one of the big clans, we're a Shadow clan iirc. Um, if you can find a clan or two willing, you can set up an alliance so you have a wider pool of possible squad mates.

2 hours ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

In my experience that still doesn't teach people, though. They just keep doing the same stuff, keep expecting other people to lift their weight, then act like everyone else is the problem when they don't get what they want. 

Well I don't care if they will learn it or not. They are never joining any of my games again. And I am also encouraging people to do the same when I find a leecher in a match. Record and report.

4 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

It's not going to work.

Not until they add NPC crews.

Yeah pretty much this. More like "Failjack" till we can get NPC crews that actually listen to commands. That and  not gonna subject any clan mate to the trivial bullS#&$ like compacting resources and putting out fires and  S#&$. That's NPC work. Not Warframe work. Also all the tech and no fire suppression sys just LMFAO! 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, TheMightyAsylum said:

I have played Warframe nearly 6 years.

People are loading into Arbitration survivals that don't understand how life support works. They've gotten through the entire star map and still think you're supposed to pop life support the second it shows up.

People load into the Index with Rhino with speed mods to pick up all the points and never turn them in to force the squad to fail on purpose.

People would rather "main" a frame than bring something that actually contributes to the mission objective.

So how is Railjack going to work? On the dev stream they emphasized how important squad cooperation is, but when you try to educate people on how the game works, they say "don't tell me how to play MY game." This is a cooperative, massively multiplayer online game. It's not YOUR game, it's EVERYONE'S game. Yet here we are, people loading into public missions either thinking this is a solo thing, or intentionally leeching off of other players.

I loaded into a requiem kuva survival with 2 unranked Ash Warframes. I was Nekros, actually being there, contributing to getting the mission done, and I kept picking these two Ash players up off of the floor. When I asked how their unranked Ashes were helping, I was accused of being whiny and toxic. How is pointing out that a person needs to CONTRIBUTE in a coop game toxic?

And now we have Railjack coming, which requires squad participation. And all you need to be on a Railjack crew, is to have an archwing. People that have access to ARBITRATIONS can't be bothered to figure out how to cooperate, and now it'll be totally cool if entirely new players that literally just got their archwings can join missions that require a veteran to build a ship that costs 6 million credits?

Literally... HOW is Railjack going to work? This game has been coop from the start, but when you have to resort to public squads, it's very clear that most people have no idea what coop means. 

My god please put this into feedback.

This is basically everything I currently hate about railjack.

I don't know why DE had to come up with such such a dumb idea btw. It's really beyond me why they would think this is good.

I think you should find specific people to play with and play with them, otherwise no, this is likely not going to work for you.

Why do you even think that somebody is going to be interested to run around with fire extinguisher while you're having fun with railjack? Find somebody you can "teach how to play" or who play like you want them to play, and play with them to your heart's consent, you can also play solo if you can't find such people or don't want to go public, or you have to embrace the  reality and find you way through it.

I'd suggest to go with latter options, because former option is shortest path to get yourself blocked by other players.

Tenno one: "ah, you're back! so, how was your first trip in the railjack?"

Tenno Two: "horrible"..

Tenno One: "what? why?"

Tenno Two: "one guy did nothing but play the Shawzin.. BADLY as we were taking enemy fire, and the other two were spraying each other with the fire extinguishers and giggling like schoolgirls. all I could do was try to avoid the massive incoming barrage of enemy fire. the only reason the ship didn't explode and kill us all was because it was so clogged up with Fire Extinguisher foam it patched all the holes in the ship air-tight. the dry-dock manager says it'll cost about 5 million credits just to repair the damage."

Tenno One: "damn, I'm sorry to hear that.. my mission went pretty well overall, got a bunch of Endo and mods and stuff."

Tenno Two: "you got something else as well".

Tenno One: "what?"

Tenno Two: " I left the Shawzin player on your ship. have fun with that.."

Tenno One: "why do i hear terrible music?"

Tenno Two: "now you can suffer with me."

You then have to factor in that your Railjack will actually consume resources in order to operate. You need to craft munitions and other things out of the new 4 RJ quest resources to do some stuff.

So how's it going to be? Are other players spending your own farmed resources if you're hosting, or does it take resources from the player crafting the item?

1) If it uses your own resources, how comfortable are you letting other people use what you have farmed? How can you stop trolls from intentionally wasting your resources?

2) If it uses crew player resources, what if they refuse to share them for the mission or if they were careless and didn't farm and come prepared?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Play with your friends and it will work.  Play with randoms and you deserve what you get whether it's a max range limbo in a defense, slova in a defense, or a chroma in a spy mission.  

I envy you if all of your friends all happen to have your same work schedule and happen to play the exact same game you're playing at the same time with the same objective in mind during the shared time allocation.

• Like 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Jarriaga:

You then have to factor in that your Railjack will actually consume resources in order to operate. You need to craft munitions and other things out of the new 4 RJ quest resources to do some stuff.

So how's it going to be? Are other players spending your own farmed resources if you're hosting, or does it take resources from the player crafting the item?

1) If it uses your own resources, how comfortable are you letting other people use what you have farmed? How can you stop trolls from intentionally wasting your resources?

2) If it uses crew player resources, what if they refuse to share them for the mission or if they were careless and didn't farm and come prepared?

Thanks for bringing this up. Had the same questions myself. Only conclusion I could come up with is that it can not work in PUGs.