The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why can’t we support the infested in invasions?

Space0ddity

4 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Look at his lines again: "Why do you defile us?"

Not "why do you bother to resist" like a Borg or "return to your own kind" like two Tyranid fleets or anything. It's "Why do you defile us?" This is repeated in the Jordas boss fight.

They are confused and bitter and very, very scared. They see something that looks like their own body, that looks like it should be obeying their commands, and it just isn't it for no logical reason. It's like your own left hand can just pull itself off your body and start punching you

That's not hatred though. Sounds more like Lephantis feels betrayed to me. Because when it sees you it doesn't see something that looks like it's own body, it sees part of its own body.

I.E the Infestation. Lephantis also says " Why do you destroy us? We are your flesh ".

Before the "Why do you defile us" it says "We embrace you".

I don't see any hatred, I see pain.

How can someone think to fight with creatures that only want feed themselves with flesh and just want to kill and kill and kill and only kill.. casue they only kill and eat. watch walking dead eisodes u will understand ..casue the creatures in the walking dead have kind of same behavior. 

I mean there is nothing a hive mind would hate more than something that couldn't be assimilated.

The Tenno are immune to the Infestation, as a result they would never accept the existence of something that couldn't and wouldn't become a part of the mind hive.

1 hour ago, ItsJoYWTF said:

How can someone think to fight with creatures that only want feed themselves with flesh and just want to kill and kill and kill and only kill.. casue they only kill and eat. watch walking dead eisodes u will understand ..casue the creatures in the walking dead have kind of same behavior. 

yeah but do they take hostages and prisoners, operate radio towers, show strategy and have the capability to hijack computer ai? you clearly don’t understand the infested then

11 minutes ago, Space0ddity said:

yeah but do they take hostages and prisoners, operate radio towers, show strategy and have the capability to hijack computer ai? you clearly don’t understand the infested then

Their methods don't change their motivations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Space0ddity said:

its not a thingy.. if u have read ballas Vitruvian they say infested are the creature who take control of another but with no brain damage..but still they just want to kill.. I very well know infestation. what they want.. and they don't take hostages..they are just caped oni old prisons where infested just spreaded.

hacking computer ai..radio tower.. they are the methods of the mind of corpus, dax, and greener..that are harmless in infestation.. but yeah bigger infestation

like lephantis, jordas, emmisary..they do have some intelligency..I don't know about lephantis.. bu the intelligency came in jordas casue of he has traken over a chephlon.. and emissary infested boss somehow can control its infestation inself..showed in nightwave. lephantis..I don't know about him but I think he has three mind..casue he has three brains..and all works toghether..maybe that is a reason.. also this theory can also work that orokin created them this way that they can hack computot ai ,, take hostage, radio tower..to take over sentient..who knows.. but yea there main mission is just kill and spread themselves

Edited by ItsJoYWTF

21 hours ago, (PS4)hades297youthful said:

I want a new infested frame because my boi nidus is lonely. Give him a friend( I will not accept an infested dog no thank you)

me too lol.. but according to lore all frames are infested inside.. I think nidus dosent have his skin on him hahaha naked frame

On 2019-12-27 at 10:45 PM, TARINunit9 said:

Because they hate us. They want us to die and go away forever

Grineer and Corpus are like "well if you want to kill zombies so bad, go right ahead, we can use the extra troops" but the Infested are all "TENNO DIE DIE DIE YOU MONSTERS IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO HELP US YOU WOULD JUST DIE"

Have you... played the game? The Infested only plead with us to join them.

"Tenno, it senses you are of like flesh, it is confused- WHY DO YOU DEFILE US?-Jordas

I think the Infested should give a Lephantis floof as battle pay. Lephantis is adorable! The Corpus/Grineer can continue to reward us with Mutagen Mass as they always have.

I do wish Lephantis was improved. It deserves to be a tougher boss with better AI!

So long as I can get payed in mutagen samples so I can finally get that Hema research done, then I'm down with it. Buy my services oh great big mass of blobber!

PS. I'm convinced that the technocyte is just a mutation/evolution of the towers that escaped/went wild.

Edited by Megalomaniakaal

1 hour ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

Have you... played the game? The Infested only plead with us to join them.

"Tenno, it senses you are of like flesh, it is confused- WHY DO YOU DEFILE US?-Jordas

I've been over this in this very thread. Yeah, they want us to join. They want everyone to join. The fact they can't force us to join terrifies them, and they are really bitter and angry about it.

After all, look at that very quote you sent me: "Why do you defile us?" Any other assimilating race would ask "Why do you bother to resist us?" like the Borg from Star Trek or The Many from System Shock. They would see any attempt to resist as a waste of energy on our part because they believe themselves superior. But this is something different. The Infested already know we can resist. They've seen it demonstrated. They've tried to assimilate us and can't. Their inferiority has already been proven. We have proven them imperfect. We have defiled them

The result is a very, very angry hive mind that wants us GONE