Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Never Use My Railjack

Traumtulpe

Instead I join missions and use my Archwing. So why don't I use my own Railjack?

1. My Archwing is better. Deals more damage, does not die. I can actually kill crewships via bording.
  2. Other peoples Railjacks have 3x the health of mine. Because the mod that gives you 3x health is very rare and only drops on the easiest missions which I don't do anymore.
  3. My Railjack is missing 1/2 of it's avionics. Because the reactor that gives you 2x avionics is very rare and just never drops. And when it drops it has a good chance to not give 2x after all.

I am actually just about done with Railjack already. Because all the missions are exactly the same. You can only do the same mission so often, hoping for very rare drops, before becoming sick of it.

Also, what's the point of getting a reactor with +17 avionics as a mission reward? That's just trash. Don't give me trash.

• Like 7

Yeah uh, this is not ... unusual. I also happen to be a jumper who never hosts. I'm a jumper because I like archwing and every squad needs at least one, and I never host because my ping is terrible. Shrug

I actually have a decent railjack now, but the kit doesn't make up for the lag for anyone trying to help me use it, and they're really boring to actually fly IMO, so.

Edited by CopperBezel

Tbh a full mk3 sigma railjack with decent avionics...namely a maxed zetki hyperstrike and decently leveled zetki hull weave and bulkhead...is actually balanced for all earth and lower level saturn missions...for solo at least...RJ damage needs a buff...

Another issue i see is the damage falloff too...that needs to be looked at as well,though i can just try to get in close...it is hard to do that until you get pilot rank 5

9 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

Tbh a full mk3 sigma railjack with decent avionics...namely a maxed zetki hyperstrike and decently leveled zetki hull weave and bulkhead...is actually balanced for all earth and lower level saturn missions...for solo at least...RJ damage needs a buff...

Another issue i see is the damage falloff too...that needs to be looked at as well,though i can just try to get in close...it is hard to do that until you get pilot rank 5

you can run veil missions with just Sigma stuff. I was as I was upgrading.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Other peoples Railjacks have 3x the health of mine. Because the mod that gives you 3x health is very rare and only drops on the easiest missions which I don't do anymore.

I've actually downgraded to using any bulkhead avionics because i need the slots for damaging ones!

2 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

I've actually downgraded to using any bulkhead avionics because i need the slots for damaging ones!

I have considered this, running on invincibly timer and tactical avionics alone. Didn't enjoy it though. Also still could not fit all the damage and speed avionics.

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I have considered this, running on invincibly timer and tactical avionics alone. Didn't enjoy it though. Also still could not fit all the damage and speed avionics.

I have an 87 vidar reactor which is why i definitely dont disagree with point 3.

I prefer using my Railjack. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Just made this as an example (Veil -- Gian Point):

(I haven't min-maxed everything, and there's still room for improvement.)

Edit: The above example is still with a 47 point reactor. Although I recently got lucky and found a sixty-something reactor, I do agree the drop tables/random ranges there are bad. It's a scam.

Edited by Kontrollo

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Also, what's the point of getting a reactor with +17 avionics as a mission reward? That's just trash. Don't give me trash.

Ah~, the real reason~ behind all of this...

... Its ok, we'll use our Railjacks with premade squads so that you can't join... 😛

• Like 1

My Railjack is OP and absolutely shreds Veil, so I always use it now. Too funny that people even consider parking it and kill all fighters with archwing, you are better of finding a good host. The rng is really hell but once you get some good drops it gets better.

The bigger problem for me is finding people who don't think they have to fly aroun trying to kill fighters one by one.

Edited by Danyelius

Currently think my Railjack is in good place even though i don’t use it’s Slingshot or Forward Artillery to Solo all of Veil. With extra Health and Armor, it can take plenty of beatings while i’m fighting the Grineer in my Railjack or repairing it. For Crewships, i use my Archwing to the them, deal with their Reactors, then warp back to my Ship. Particle Ram let my Railjack deal damage if i evacuated or give me Loot easier, Void Hole for the CC, and Munitions Vortex if i want to nuke. Tested it with MK ll Cryophons from Zekti but now, they have the same Weapons from Vidar at MK lll which means more Damage and more shots available.

After i put in the Zekti Carcinnox MK lll, it would be ready to go. Already have MK lll Components in it (including the +98 Avionic Reactor that i can’t replace since i keep getting worse ones).

Edited by GPrime96

13 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

My Archwing is better. Deals more damage, does not die. I can actually kill crewships via bording.

Your Archwing does less damage than my Railjack, and my Railjack does not die. Even if my ship runs out of HP, it's not dead unless I'm too stupid to deal with the breaches.

I will agree this is an issue with getting lucky with avionics/armaments/component drop. But if you compare a fully modded Archwing to a level 1 Warframe, won't you find the same problems?

A Railjack that isn't fully kitted out is in just as bad a situation as a Warframe that's not fully modded out.

There's much to complain with about the ships, but Archwing is not a superior method to completing those missions once you build up your ship. I just personally wish I could actually rely on my artillery cannon to blow up the Crewships.

1 hour ago, GPrime96 said:

Already have MK lll Components in it (including the +98 Avionic Reactor that i can’t replace since i keep getting worse ones).

To be fair, do you really need an extra 2 points?

Edited by DrakeWurrum

2 hours ago, GPrime96 said:

To rank two of the unranked Avionics i have on the Grid once, i would need them because:

Oh, I guess to be fair, you don't have the Zetki Hull Weave...

Also: Heat Sink doesn't reduce damage from fire hazards inside the ship, only incoming fire damage from enemies. I'm not sure any of them have that damage type...

Edited by DrakeWurrum

I've taken my Railjack out twice maybe.

I don't regret building it.  When the system is more polished and they add more things to do I'm sure I'll use it and upgrade it.  But for now, I don't even go into space even on other peoples ships.  Maybe around summer time it will be what I consider playable.  Than I'll be glad the build process is already taken care of.