The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question: DE, is Arcane Energize "Working as Intended"?

Nez-Kal

Before I make the multi-hundred plat trade to acquire the additional 8 I need for a full Rank 3 Arcane Energize, I thought it wise to pose the question to DE themselves, "Hey! Is this stupidly powerful and rare Arcane working as it was intended, or is this another "Condition Overload" case?"

My fear comes from the fact that, on the tin, Arcane Energize claims to "On Energy Pick-up: 40% chance to replenish Energy to nearby allies (+1 Arcane Revive)"
HOWEVER, this Arcane provides another bonus (which is the stupidly powerful part) which is that, if proc'd, it provides the user with 100 energy on an energy orb pick-up, instead of the default 25. This has been the main reason the Player Community pines for and praises this Arcane, making it a staple item in many High Energy Usage Warframe builds that would not be able to sustain themselves otherwise.

This has been the case for as long as its been around, roughly 4 years now, so many Players feel it's "Safe" and that there's no question about whether or not it's correctly following its intended purpose. Counter-point however: Condition Overload was in the game for roughly 3 and a half years, and according to DE, it was never working as intended, and yet was never mentioned nor touched until that faithful day of the Melee 3.0 update.

So, before anymore "Damage" is done, and anyone else puts forth investment in this clearly powerful item that does NOT spell out its true power there on the can and in-game, I ask the question once more:

DE, is Arcane Energize "Working as Intended"?

• Like 2

Just now, Drachnyn said:

Yes it's working as intended, no that doesnt mean you are safe.

I need DE staff to confirm this first before I accept it. Here and now, or a link to a previous quote where they stated as such would work too.

I guess ... the names of stuff are save, but their values or behavior could always change if DE focus at a rework...like CO changed with the melee rework, Energize could change with a rework of the whole energy system ... and we (and may also DE) never know when such stuff will happen

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Yea I'm sure DE will get right on this. You'll have your answer in no time.

I accept your sarcasm, and understand I wholeheartedly deserve it. Still, doing what I can to seek some kind of stability to my investments before diving into them.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Tangent-Valley:

I accept your sarcasm, and understand I wholeheartedly deserve it. Still, doing what I can to seek some kind of stability to my investments before diving into them.

While energize certainly is very powerful it is also extremely overrated. Save your plat for something else like deluxe bundles, slots or something.

13 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

I need DE staff to confirm this first before I accept it. Here and now, or a link to a previous quote where they stated as such would work too.

You don't need them to confirm anything. I can confirm it for you right now.

Arcane Energize was made to give a  YOU and any of your squad in range, ENERGY by a chance percentage.

I am telling you right now that this is how the arcane has been for 3 or more years. First introduced in Jordas Verdict, the infested version of Law of Retribution. Check them out on the wiki

Arcane Pulse which gives health on health pickup, gives it to the user as well.

You can stop here, as my word on this Arcane is just as good as you'd get from DE.

Edited by Alcatraz

6 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

DE has taught us many times that there is no stability, ever. No matter how long it's been around, anything can get nerfed to oblivion or outright removed from the game at any time. That being said, Arcane Energize has been a part of the game since 2015, and DE hasn't touched it or made any comment about it at all, so it's probably safe. 

Edited by (XB1)Erudite Prime

26 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

My fear comes from the fact that, on the tin, Arcane Energize claims to "On Energy Pick-up: 40% chance to replenish Energy to nearby allies (+1 Arcane Revive)"
HOWEVER, this Arcane provides another bonus (which is the stupidly powerful part) which is that, if proc'd, it provides the user with 100 energy on an energy orb pick-up, instead of the default 25.

Simple solution is to check the wiki page: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Energize

At rank 1, Energize provides a 10% chance for 25 extra energy.
At max rank, it provides a 40% chance for 100 extra energy.

Obviously, any item is subject to nerfs if DE thinks it's too strong, but it is quite literally "working as intended". If anything, I'd expect nerfs to synergies with Zenurik's bonus energy passive and/or double-stacking arcanes somewhere down the road, but I don't work at DE, so don't quote me on that. I personally think paying thousands or even hundreds of plat for items like this is absurd to begin with, so I'd rather slowly acquire them via Nightwave.

Edited by Ailith

22 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

So, before anymore "Damage" is done, and anyone else puts forth investment in this clearly powerful item that does NOT spell out its true power there on the can and in-game, I ask the question once more:

Speaking of investment: This is actually cheap for what this Arcane used to run for. 500 Plat, each piece. 5k for a whole set back when it was on the commonly nicked named Trials: "Raids."

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Energize

KS4CKtN.png

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Arcane_Pulse

JIcxfc2.png

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

While energize certainly is very powerful it is also extremely overrated. Save your plat for something else like deluxe bundles, slots or something.

It is actually not that overrated, though there are cheaper ways to get energy.
I would, personally, always choose something functional over something cosmetic. I own a R3 Energize and it is the singlemost best investment I have ever made. Even on energy-hungry builds, I am constantly topped up when used in conjunction with Dethcubes energy generator. If Ember is used with the augment on her 4, efficiency can become a dump-stat, thanks to energize.

A cheaper way to gain energy is, of course, Zenurik's energizing dash OR exodia brave. I recommend using a full-on crit dagger-type zaw to spam heavy attacks. Covert lethality adds a base combo counter as of the recent reworks too. Build properly, this reliably one-hits enemies up to Lv. 100. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Vespilan:

It is actually not that overrated, though there are cheaper ways to get energy.
I would, personally, always choose something functional over something cosmetic. I own a R3 Energize and it is the singlemost best investment I have ever made. Even on energy-hungry builds, I am constantly topped up when used in conjunction with Dethcubes energy generator. If Ember is used with the augment on her 4, efficiency can become a dump-stat, thanks to energize.

A cheaper way to gain energy is, of course, Zenurik's energizing dash OR exodia brave. I recommend using a full-on crit dagger-type zaw to spam heavy attacks. Covert lethality adds a base combo counter as of the recent reworks too. Build properly, this reliably one-hits enemies up to Lv. 100. 

Oh yea it is powerful but I dont think it's worth the price when there are so many cheaper energy options that accomplish extremely fast energy regen. Zaw heavy attacks might be my favorite one out of them. 

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

but I dont think it's worth the price

Warframe trading is long past the point of charging what something is worth. I saw people trying to sell +cc +cd +ms Rubico rivens for 14.000 platinum. Sure, the pricing is ridicolous, but not as bad as it has been once. Arcanes are given out through nightwave, they're much easier to obtain (15 arcanes in 30mins if you got the technique) and yet still expensive as balls. But unlike rivens, they're not multiple layers of rng but something you have to work for and become proficient in. 

Edited by Vespilan

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Vespilan:

Warframe trading is long past the point of charging what something is worth. I saw people trying to sell +cc +cd +ms Rubico rivens for 14.000 platinum. Sure, the pricing is ridicolous, but not as bad as it has been once. Arcanes are given out through nightwave, they're much easier to obtain (15 arcanes in 30mins if you got the technique) and yet still expensive as balls. But unlike rivens, they're not multiple layers of rng but something you have to work for and become proficient in. 

Oh yea I definitely like arcanes far more than rivens. Currently I have a rank 1 energize and it already does a lot of work if I decide to use it. 

I ground this up myself from Eidolons because I never got it in raids. Have had it for awhile and it's been available on a much more common level since raids when you only had three chances at it in a day. I don't think it will change so that's the best answer I can give from my experience.

1 hour ago, Tangent-Valley said:

yet was never mentioned nor touched until that faithful day of the Melee 3.0 update.

I think it was mentioned some, honestly, but you'd have to religiously follow the devs to really have noticed.

But worth noting: nothing in this game is "safe"

If it's powerful enough to be considered brokenly OP, it could one day be nerfed. Condition Overload was brokenly OP due to exponential scaling.

Avid forum warrior and warframe partner.

Nothing is safe, anything can change. So take that into consideration before you make any purchase.

That's the actual answer. It's the exact same with "ribbens"

50 minutes ago, Ailith said:

I personally think paying thousands or even hundreds of plat for items like this is absurd to begin with, so I'd rather slowly acquire them via Nightwave.

^this is my take. If you feel like it's not worth the investment even if it could change, then don't do it. If you're gonna enjoy the ride even though it could change some year down the road, then don't.

REALLY not the answer you wanted, but it's the only 100% answer that anyone who has played long enough can tell you. 

1 hour ago, Drachnyn said:

I think this is the worse investment suggestion I ve ever heard of

+Energize: a very useful energy maker + extra revive/s

+Deluxe bundles: pure cosmetic, has no effect in games

vor 1 Minute schrieb 8faiNt:

I think this is the worse investment suggestion I ve ever heard of

+Energize: a very useful energy maker + extra revive/s

+Deluxe bundles: pure cosmetic, has no effect in games

Imagine having bad fashion and spending way too much plat on energy when there are far cheaper options.

7 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Imagine having bad fashion and spending way too much plat on energy when there are far cheaper options.

Cheaper yet not as useful as energize. yes

bad advice is bad advice.

Edited by 8faiNt