Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DElayed updates are better than incomplete ones.

(PSN)Swarmtorn

You know what become of an incomplete update when it's delayed?

A delayed incomplete update. "Polished update" simply doesn't exist in book of Warframe and my nose exhales more air then usual everytime I see someone saying "polish the update more before release coz I can wait" coz they simply don't understand how DE's update works.

• Like 5

Railjack wasn’t released for us (the player base), it was a  Business and Financial decision to release an update no matter what state it was in,  over the Christmas holidays,  to cash in when everyone has money..  And Now DE a reaping what they have sowed.

PS     DE dont do complete updates...             

Edited by (PS4)SolarPhantom82
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

You know what become of an incomplete update when it's delayed?

A delayed incomplete update. "Polished update" simply doesn't exist in book of Warframe and my nose exhales more air then usual everytime I see someone saying "polish the update more before release coz I can wait" coz they simply don't understand how DE's update works.

*laughs in 10 billion threads about "content drought*

People want to scream and cry for content RIGHT NOW and then act surprised when there's issues. 

1 minute ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

People want to scream and cry for content RIGHT NOW and then act surprised when there's issues. 

People screamed and cried but railjack and liches were in the works for 2+ years, not 6 months.Full games with more content and less bugs can be and have been made in the same timespan.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, (PS4)Herrwann69 said:

Of course. That's wrong and DE knows it that's why they are using the excuse that a 7 years old game with heavy monetisation is supposed to still be in beta. 

It makes me throw up a little in my mouth when I hear people in game make excuses for bugs saying it’s still in beta

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

People screamed and cried but railjack and liches were in the works for 2+ years, not 6 months.Full games with more content and less bugs can be and have been made in the same timespan.

Do those full games have the community constantly nagging and breathing down their neck for release date and screaming content drought? Do those games release something in that 2 years? Do we really have that 2 years with nothing at all before railjack release?

You want to bring other games? Sure, let's ask DE to focus for 2 years, with nothing added and no information at all and release a massive package after that 2 years. That's how you like it right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Do those full games have the community constantly nagging and breathing down their neck for release date and screaming content drought? Do those games release something in that 2 years? Do we really have that 2 years with nothing at all before railjack release?

You want to bring other games? Sure, let's ask DE to focus for 2 years, with nothing added and no information at all and release a massive package after that 2 years. That's how you like it right?

So is this the part that i am supposed to get sentimental and pity them because of the pressure?Who created the content drought?Who created hype for nothing?Who decided that puting timewalls and monetizing every little thing in an update instead of putting more effort to it and support it's content to make it last was a good idea?That's how you get droughts, angry communities and people leaving like rats on a ship and when you wet your bed you lie in it.

36 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

You can't blame a buggy update on players. When a taxi driver crashes his car into something coz the passenger urges him to "go faster", the driver is to be blamed coz he caused the crash.

It takes years for CDKR and Rockstar to make a game, people might complain on their development time but ultimately if they decide to rush buggy things out instead it's entirely their fault.

4 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

So is this the part that i am supposed to get sentimental and pity them because of the pressure?Who created the content drought?Who created hype for nothing?Who decided that puting timewalls and monetizing every little thing in an update instead of putting more effort to it and support it's content to make it last was a good idea?That's how you get droughts, angry communities and people leaving like rats on a ship and when you wet your bed you lie in it.

Who created the content drought? Back at you, who rushed everything in a day and run out of things to do? DE said the railjack should be done in a month and people rushed it in two weeks. Then, is it really nothing to do if you don't have anything to chase? Is playing the game solely for the fun and gameplay a grave sin now if you play without chasing any rewards?

Who created hype for nothing? Who get overly hyped now and made threads about unable to wait and DE should release is ASAP and resulting into what we have currently? From what I see railjack gameplay is not too different to the demo where the foundation of driving the ship and boarding isn't much different except we don't fight the corpus yet and less management on shield/engine/weaponry like on the demo and more to traditional warframe system using avionics as railjack mods

Why we have timewall in the first place if not because people who would no-life the game in one day and back to screaming? You don't want to have timewall? See how people say The Jovian Concord has only 2 hours worth of content with no timewall at all and not touching it ever again. You don't want timewall? Sure, it's either massive grind or RNG where other games utilize them to the point of exploiting it, or do you have any example of a game that has long lasting content that doesn't involve massive grind, RNG or timewall at all to take notes from?

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

Who created the content drought? Back at you, who rushed everything in a day and run out of things to do? DE said the railjack should be done in a month and people rushed it in two weeks. Then, is it really nothing to do if you don't have anything to chase? Is playing the game solely for the fun and gameplay a grave sin now if you play without chasing any rewards?

Who created hype for nothing? Who get overly hyped now and made threads about unable to wait and DE should release is ASAP and resulting into what we have currently? From what I see railjack gameplay is not too different to the demo where the foundation of driving the ship and boarding isn't much different except we don't fight the corpus yet and less management on shield/engine/weaponry like on the demo and more to traditional warframe system using avionics as railjack mods

Why we have timewall in the first place if not because people who would no-life the game in one day and back to screaming? You don't want to have timewall? See how people say The Jovian Concord has only 2 hours worth of content with no timewall at all and not touching it ever again. You don't want timewall? Sure, it's either massive grind or RNG where other games utilize them to the point of exploiting it, or do you have any example of a game that has long lasting content that doesn't involve massive grind, RNG or timewall at all to take notes from?

Fine, everything is always community's fault, now go away.

Also i'm pretty sure DE is the one who created hype, all the time.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

To be fair, full games are generally just reuses of company assets just with prettier graphics and a few updates.

Monster Hunter World I'll give that it is a big update compared to previous installments. But it's still just Monter Hunter and Capcom didn't really do anything outside of their experience level. They are familiar with the new engine thanks to RE7.

Code Vein? It's just God Eater but slower.

Sekiro is just Dark Souls crossed with Tenchu.

Fallout 76 is just everything Bethesda...

Anthem I'll give points on trying for new things (for the company), hence why it was completely gimped on release

Call of Duty is just Call of Duty.
Battlefield is just Battlefield.
Battle Royale games are just third person shooters.

Notice how all of the big games are mentioned are not a first for the company? DE does not have 2 decades of experience under their belt, let alone in space sim or open world games. Smart companies would not take risks like DE has. They'd play it safe and rehash the same game every 2 - 3 years with a different skin. If DE did play it safe, we'd still have a third-person corridor shooter and Warframe probably would've died 3 years ago. DE is an experienced studio dabbling in game mechanics that no other games has a combination of.

Sure, there's Guns of Icarus. Sure, there's Destiny. But how many games are both of those plus more shoved all in the same package?

Now I'm not saying because of the above reasons we should cut DE some slack. No, it's more that because of the above reasons, I NEVER expect a substantial update to be perfect even with delays. Only update DE can do that would pass rigor is Tenno reinforcements, Prime Access, and tile updates. All of that they CAN do. Railjack? They've never done it before, nor do they have a recipe to follow. Anyone who think that DE can get things right the first time are deluding themselves. It's like DE is made up of normal, imperfect human beings that can make mistakes but have potential to improve, adapt, and learn from their mistakes?

Again, not saying to cut them some slack, but here's a message for anyone who doesn't know already. DE WILL NEVER RELEASE A PERFECT UPDATE. Now with that knowledge, either be civil and put up with it or stop playing. If Warframe is meant to die due to DE's decisions, then why not let it die already?

3 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Fine, everything is always community's fault, now go away.

Also i'm pretty sure DE is the one who created hype, all the time.

If DE release nothing in that 2 years and what we have today is the result, I won't hesitate to say they're at fault but we still get things from fortuna to the old blood so can't really blame one side only. You want to blame DE? I blame them for being too transparent with all of those reveals and devstream, they should reveal less and less so people won't speculate over a piece of information and get too hyped for only showing a piece of work in progress

Let's say DE don't make the hype anymore, no information and no reveal, is it better for you?

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

People can't rush anything.The game maker is the one who decides who long something can take to complete, sure there will be people that can finish the content in 2 hours and others in 5, in the end though the content can be finished in 2 hours and that's on the devs.Now if DE wants free beta testers instead of testing the game themselves then they are the last that can blame beta tester/player for finishing the test in 2 hours.

DE created hype for nothing.Take last few weeks for example.Mass advertisments, paying gamespot for interviews and putting nomination for best expantion 1 month before it was releaed, on every channel on youtube"Warframe is amazing...This video is sponsored by warframe", on game awards, keep yelling come it's free, it's free, we got 50 mil registered players(doesn't matter that less than 10% keep playing).Oh get that free toy with this and that."NEW WAR" "CHRISTMAS 2019"."RAILJACK WILL TIE EVERYTHING" "LICHES WILL BE UNKILLABLE" "NOT ANOTHER ISLAND" and my favorite from last year " Ayatans will play a big part in The Sacrifice, the market will explode"(still wondering what that was).Should i go on?

And no we don't have timewalls because of players.We have timewalls because of lack of content.You can slow down a player with putting more things or harder things to do rather than tell him you played enough for today come back tommorow.I've played mobile games with better timewalls than WF and that says it all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Let's say DE don't make the hype anymore, no information and no reveal, is it better for you?

Better for me? nah, it doesn't matter, i'm not following much of devstream, and warframe isn't the only game to play anyway.

I just don't like people saying "it's our fault because DE just tried to hear us" when so many complaints are simply ignored because reasons.

It's not like they don't have the brain, they can think and decide what to do.

3 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

People can't rush anything.The game maker is the one who decides who long something can take to complete, sure there will be people that can finish the content in 2 hours and others in 5, in the end though the content can be finished in 2 hours and that's on the devs.Now if DE wants free beta testers instead of testing the game themselves then they are the last that can blame beta tester/player for finishing the test in 2 hours.

Can't rush anything? Take a look at intrinsic as an example, playing normally getting 1024 intrinsic for one tree would take longer than 2 weeks provided you're not using any tricks like stealth kill and spending whole days for that. I would say I'm on the slow side because I'm still at 5/3/5/4 but getting 4096 Intrinsics in 2 weeks is questionable if it's no-life or efficient.

9 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

DE created hype for nothing.Take last few weeks for example.Mass advertisments, paying gamespot for interviews and putting nomination for best expantion 1 month before it was releaed, on every channel on youtube"Warframe is amazing...This video is sponsored by warframe", on game awards, keep yelling come it's free, it's free, we got 50 mil registered players(doesn't matter that less than 10% keep playing).Oh get that free toy with this and that."NEW WAR" "CHRISTMAS 2019"."RAILJACK WILL TIE EVERYTHING" "LICHES WILL BE UNKILLABLE" "NOT ANOTHER ISLAND" and my favorite from last year " Ayatans will play a big part in The Sacrifice, the market will explode"(still wondering what that was).Should i go on?

That's their fault, but overhyping is considered normal nowadays where triple A games do that so I believe they made that mistake and fall to marketing hype like others

11 minutes ago, DeathDweller said:

And no we don't have timewalls because of players.We have timewalls because of lack of content.You can slow down a player with putting more things or harder things to do rather than tell him you played enough for today come back tommorow.I've played mobile games with better timewalls than WF and that says it all.

More things? Wouldn't stop every rushers to rush and harder things to do? We already have thread about railjack balance being busted when it's not and asking for enemy nerf. Do they have Hyperstrike, the serration for railjack before saying it's busted? I doubt that but when harder things cause people crying, I don't expect we'll get any hard things to do