Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Built Oberon Prime, GAH! FUGLY!!!

4 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

look it up in Arthurian legend Oberon is a white stag and his prime being a goat does not fit with the holy paladin theme of the frame (see the bible for that one) at the very least he should be a ram if he does not keep his deer looks in like he does for freyark at DE needs at the very least give him a new Prime helmet  or make a primed variant of the stock helm available for plat/ and later night wave credits.  

Thry are not going to change his prime.  He's an older frame.

Use one of his other skins.  He's got at least 4 other skins and 8 plus hrlmets to choose from.

I always thought of him as oberon king of the fea. Husbsnd of titania the fairy queen.

There are a number of fashion options.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Thry are not going to change his prime.  He's an older frame.

Use one of his other skins.  He's got at least 4 other skins and 8 plus hrlmets to choose from.

I always thought of him as oberon king of the fea. Husbsnd of titania the fairy queen.

There are a number of fashion options.

I know that and I do use his stock skin but I don't have spare change, time, or plat at the moment so I will have to live whit the stock skin while I slowly work on my tenno gen Idea for him (that and I want to learn how to blender for fun any way) 

and even as king of the fae the goat motif does not quite work or at least not with his paladin classing and the primes hunched nature (even with the Nobel animation the prime still seems to slouch and generally lacks all noble characteristics )

9 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

I know that and I do use his stock skin but I don't have spare change, time, or plat at the moment so I will have to live whit the stock skin while I slowly work on my tenno gen Idea for him (that and I want to learn how to blender for fun any way) 

and even as king of the fae the goat motif does not quite work or at least not with his paladin classing and the primes hunched nature (even with the Nobel animation the prime still seems to slouch and generally lacks all noble characteristics )

I personally use his deluxe skin with a tennogen helmet. Earthy wooden colors. The butterfly wing syandana. Titania noble animations. 

He looks like a noble treant of sorts.

Even though he is just mastery fodder to me i like to make my frames look good.

I get if you have no plat or a few bucks for tennogen though.

I personally don't like his prime or base skin either.  But at least the deluxe skin and a number of helms look nice.

After work i can post a pic if u like.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2

50 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

look it up in Arthurian legend Oberon is a white stag and his prime being a goat does not fit with the holy paladin theme of the frame (see the bible for that one) at the very least he should be a ram if he does not keep his deer looks in like he does for freyark at DE needs at the very least give him a new Prime helmet  or make a primed variant of the stock helm available for plat/ and later night wave credits.  

all of his helmets except the deluxe one are goat themed

Edited by prodi1600

On 2020-01-06 at 9:14 AM, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

Seriously DE, did you think the cone head looks good? Being a nature oriented 'frame, why the gear looking shoulder pads? 

He's a paladin/druid hybrid, not a full druid. Bottom half is hooves, top half is castle. Helmet is horns again

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

I don't get a goat from all  his tennogen helms.  I see a unicorn from one. And another looks more like a treant/demon.

Most of the pctures of oberon are a elf, fairy, or satyr character. He's often the king of the fae.

I see lots of goats(different antlers) a unicorn and a fairy boii

7 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

all of his helmets except the deluxe one are goat themed

umm no his stock one is a rack or antlers, he has one the is ornix themed (2 pairs or almost straight horns pointing up) and the markhor is antelope themed (two horns strait back curved slightly out ward and branching) if any thing sans his prime most of his stuff is more closesly related to deer than goats with the vast majority of his stuff more closely resembling antlers rather than horns outside of tenogen where goat horns are often replaced by one that make more sense on sheep (horns that curl to the side or in the case of the blade of the louts skin bulls horns that extend out from the sides and then froward)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, prodi1600 said:

I see lots of goats(different antlers) a unicorn and a fairy boii

goat's don't have antlers only deer and their relatives do.  goats, cattle and sheep have horns even if they are virtual the same thing

Edited by spirit_of_76
grammer
  • Like 1

On 2020-01-06 at 10:16 AM, Drachnyn said:

Dont forget you can always use the regular version as skin on the prime. Default Oberon Prime is a warcrime and should not exist.

Default Oberon Prime's Helmet is a crime against design standards. The rest rest of the skin is ok on it's own, pretty good with the Taurus Helm and a decent color scheme, but the default helm helm can burn in hell.

1 hour ago, Kerberos-3 said:

The rest rest of the skin is ok on it's own,

yes king hunch back the perpetual slouch is fine.  I'm sorry I have tried to get the prime to work it is easyier to color than the stock skin but always looked bad mostly because of the posture the Prime is a crime of taste and the helmet well that one is a war crime

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

He looks like a noble treant of sorts.

well he would in freyark but in the prime he has a hunched back and even standing up straight (with say Gara's or harrow's noble animation) still looks hunced over. 

while I would like to see a pick I have found a way to make the stock skin look quite nice how ever in stead of earth tones (I have a slot that is forest camo) I use white as my base color accented with deep Blue and dark Red (most of my stuff uses a red white and blue scheme) for energy I use a bright blue with white and emissives are dark blue.  

2 minutes ago, spirit_of_76 said:

yes king hunch back the perpetual slouch is fine.  I'm sorry I have tried to get the prime to work it is easyier to color than the stock skin but always looked bad mostly because of the posture the Prime is a crime of taste and the helmet well that one is a war crime

The hunch can be dealt with via Syandana.

1 minute ago, Kerberos-3 said:

The hunch can be dealt with via Syandana.

hmm are there any good ones that fit the king of the fae? but that still does not fix the permanent slouching and down trodden look the prime skin has.  

Edited by spirit_of_76

1 minute ago, spirit_of_76 said:

hmm are there any good ones that fit the king of the fae? 

Well, generally, it depends on what you are going for. If you are going for the "regal king" look(which is what I went with) then you want one like the Repala or a derivative of the Izvara, such as the Bombyx or the Samia.

13 hours ago, Kerberos-3 said:

Well, generally, it depends on what you are going for. If you are going for the "regal king" look(which is what I went with) then you want one like the Repala or a derivative of the Izvara, such as the Bombyx or the Samia.

good to know I haven't seen a lot of non teno gen gear that I want to use on any of my frames (the perian syndana and the meridian one come to mind) but they don't fit my Oberon the wolf back pack could help but it does not quite fit the look I am going for.  I will have to take a peek at the ones listed later when I have time to fashion frame

Edited by spirit_of_76

2 hours ago, (PS4)The1stAzrael said:

Personally, I think default Inaros is the ugliest frame, with his dog nipples, cup-holder crotch, and swollen calves and feet. But I have two words for you: Oberon Feyarch

Seriously, that skin can look amazing with every colour scheme.

well that is stock skin Oberon has hands down the worst Prime skin in the game 

In my opinion. More then half the frames designs and/or their prime skins look ugly.  But at least every frame has at least 1 solid skin/helmet combo that looks sick.

Vauban i would say is the ugliest frame for me. Even his one good skin is only just ok to me.

But its all subjective.