Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Heavy attack button

.Command

Can we have the option to heavy attack while our guns are equip?   Like when you go from shooting and then something runs up in your face, can the charge button work without you first needing to pull out your melee weapon and flinging it around for a bit?    This would help alot since when you go from melee mode to jumping and aim gliding it takes your melee away and replaces it with a gun -- which is like... so confusing after like the 20000th time its happened in one mission, like "why am I not swinging my sword right now? -- oh... damnit!"  I dont even care if after the melee charge attack itd put it away again for the gun, just gimme the option  T_T  

Anyways, if this could atleast get looked at that'd be cool. forum s reactions GIF

• Like 5

I think the option is already there.

Just hold Melee button ( E ).  It will perform Heavy attack instead of normal one.

Real problem is that we cant turn this "option" off....and it causes lots of accidental heavies on fast builds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

I think the option is already there.

Just hold Melee button ( E ).  It will perform Heavy attack instead of normal one.

This does perform a regular attack first, some of which can be quite lengthy. It also does not allow for heavy slam attacks.

The issue at hand is, that despite there being a separate, customizable, key for heavy attacks, it actually performs no action unless the melee weapon is already drawn.

It is simply faulty design, that will have to be changed at some point. For the time being it continues to be ignored.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

This does perform a regular attack first

Weird.... Logically, it should do a heavy if Held, even if you had a gun out.

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

despite there being a separate, customizable, key for heavy attacks

Is it available for Controllers?  Coz im pretty sure that all buttons are occupied, and there is only ONE button for Melee attack while in "gun mode"....That is also why we cant have manual blocking.  

Heavy Melee hotkey (bound independantly of secondary fire, a dedicated heavy melee hotkey) doesnt work at all while airborne and a gun in hands.
If i jump into the air with my melee equipped, it works fine.
If I jump into the air holding a gun, NORMAL slams work fine.
If I jump into the air with a gun out, I dont get the privilege of using a heavy slam.
this cant be intentional. what would be the point of initial combo? 
this needs upvotes and to be fixed

Edited by PartialRecall
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I came here during August 2023 to say that I lost 5 missions time before somebody reminded me that Heavy Attack is now bound to middle mouse button on PC.

Got in a Steel Path Survival mission with Khora, cast her 2 (pulling enemies together), jump up, look down, press middle mouse button, done.

Edited by Gofretko

• 3 weeks later...

It took longer than this thread's been in existence, but I finally have a way to love conventional Heavy Attacks without a dedicated button:  Wrathful Advance.

Still hope to get that button though.  Or if they could get the 'hold E" method to work without light attacks accidentally triggering heavies.

edit: Oh, scratch that.  auto-melee probably kills that possibility forever.

Edited by Tiltskillet
  • Like 4