Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

railjack damage

puleknow

Please change the cryophon damage back up.

Increase the damage for all weapons across the board. 

Increase the damage for all battle avionics.

They are not worth using for how little damage they do. 

The reason people were using cryophon is because it was the only MKIII railjack gun that actually managed to kill 90 fighters in a reasonable time. 

Nerfing the damage by half and nerfing enemy armor by half does nothing and doesnt actually address the problem of railjack damage.

in that it is much too difficult to actually damage the enemy without burst. The amount of shots you miss requires the damage to be extreme. 

I love fighting a swarm of enemies with my warframe and using powerful guns. None of the railjack guns still feel all that powerful .

EDIT:

De megan and Reb I hope you read!

All of the railjack weapons need to be buffed by 25%. This includes fire rate, damage, accuracy, falloff, etc.

Then buff rapidfire weapons by another 10%. The way the mechanics of railjack weapons works and feels means 

they should have high damage, especially rapid fire weapons. 

As for everyone that commented. This is the main issue with the railjack damage right now is the gun handling, feels 

really poor so even if you reduce the enemy armor, the guns themselves dont feel all too strong. 

You can even keep the drop rates the same because if the weapons feel fun to use, It does not feel grindy. 

I say this as an avid warframe player, the shooty shoot boom boom sanic movements is unparrell compared to any other game. Please buff the weapon damage a bit more.

(Also increase number of fighters, i like the way they explode) . 

POST EDIT:

By mechanics of railjack weapons, i mean they feel more like AA guns from WWII then assault rifles. high damage, large spread and low accuracy. 

Edited by puleknow
replies
  • Like 3

Agreed. I had been hoping that the hotfix today would possibly pull me back in after hanging up my railjack in the drydock until changes were made. Savagely nerfing my frontal guns when they're the only set of ship-mounted weapons that feel satisfying to use singlehandedly killed that hope, and so my railjack continues to collect dust.

• Like 2

Just now, Sapphirya said:

Agreed. I had been hoping that the hotfix today would possibly pull me back in after hanging up my railjack in the drydock until changes were made. Savagely nerfing my frontal guns when they're the only set of ship-mounted weapons that feel satisfying to use singlehandedly killed that hope, and so my railjack continues to collect dust.

They didn't actually nerf them. They just buffed everything else. And they even increased their range.

2 minutes ago, gluih said:

They didn't actually nerf them. They just buffed everything else. And they even increased their range.

This is patently false.

6 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

• Cryophon series
    • Reduced damage and increased fall off range
      • Reducing the armor values of enemies made these capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill. Please bear in mind we are actively watching player stats and collecting feedback, and are willing to iterate on balance. 
  • Zetki House
    • Reduced Heat Accretion for all Zetki weapon variants apart from Cryophon
      • This house trades more heat for more damage, but it felt like they were TOO hot for the amount of extra damage you got.  Compared to the baseline weapons, Zetki now offers 50% more damage for double heat instead of quadruple heat.

My Zetki Cryophon previously had a damage value of about 14 000. After the hotfix, it has gone down to 6 500.

• Like 3

I dont see the problem? if anything, i have both zetki and Vidar Cryophoon guns, and they just feel the same to me pre nerf. In fact, the other guns now feel better. Do you remember Catchmoon? see what they did to cryophoon because it was the only weapon people used? yeah, you have us to blame the nerf for.

But then again, i went to the veil with the Vidar Cryophoon, and i just dont see any change at all, if anything, is just 1 more shot to take down an enemy ship, when i dont crit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gluih said:

Sure, at long range they did nothing so it's kinda if i try to "snipe" with them.

But my Cryophons went from 15545 to 6910 damage.

That's a pretty heavy nerf.

it does say in the patch notes that they halved Fighter armour, so technically you don't need those Cryophons as badly as you used to. earth and early-mid Saturn, sure, but one hitting late Saturn and Veil fighters? that was never going to last. remember the Arca Plasmor? the Catchmoon? every time we get a plasma-wave weapon, it's OP as hell, everyone uses it and then gets reigned in. I saw this coming a mile off.

besides, a new meta will emerge sooner or later.

My build using a Zekti Cryophon still takes the same 2-3 shots to kill enemies in the Veil and crits are still one-shots as they were before the patch.

Is the actual discrepancy here from people who were relying on Rhino/Wisp to buff the pilot?

7 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

Sure, at long range they did nothing so it's kinda if i try to "snipe" with them.

But my Cryophons went from 15545 to 6910 damage.

That's a pretty heavy nerf.

11 minutes ago, Sapphirya said:

This is patently false.

My Zetki Cryophon previously had a damage value of about 14 000. After the hotfix, it has gone down to 6 500.

"Oh no, my number is smaller now and I don't understand math, that is more complicated."

It would have been the same if they increased the hp for enemies further and increased the damage for all the other weapons. The difference is, that it would have been more changes and you could have kept your numbers. What matters is, how quickly you can kill stuff with it and there barely anything has changed.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

My build using a Zekti Cryophon still takes the same 2-3 shots to kill enemies in the Veil and crits are still one-shots as they were before the patch.

Is the actual discrepancy here from people who were relying on Rhino/Wisp to buff the pilot?

my build feel no diferent from before either, the same as your 1 shot on crit, and 2 or 3 hits to kill on non crits, maybe is because i don't have the zetki hyperstrike that i didn't notice more difference in damage, or the zetki shield buff +25% dmg when no shield put everything back to normal in my build, the increased in range for the cryophon seem to be false it look the same as before, unless the ui is not updated
at first i was worried but then i remembered that i kill almost everything with the tycho seeker mk3

Edited by enemystand

6 minutes ago, gluih said:

"Oh no, my number is smaller now and I don't understand math, that is more complicated."

It would have been the same if they increased the hp for enemies further and increased the damage for all the other weapons. The difference is, that it would have been more changes and you could have kept your numbers. What matters is, how quickly you can kill stuff with it and there barely anything has changed.

This is yet again patently false, as it's clearly written in the patch notes that they were nerfed because they were "capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill". [DE]Megan's words, not mine. If you disagree with the developer's patchnotes on the actual content of their game, take it up with them. Not to mention that, again in the patchnotes, it's stated that while fighter armor was decreased, their HP was also increased. Using math, their effective HP has actually increased, meaning it now takes even longer to kill stuff in the Veil than it did before.

EDIT: Confirming that I play without Rhino or Wisp buffs, and have always done so.

Edited by Sapphirya

2 minutes ago, Sapphirya said:

This is yet again patently false, as it's clearly written in the patch notes that they were nerfed because they were "capable of killing every enemy in a single hit, this brings them back in line with the intended time to kill". [DE]Megan's words, not mine. If you disagree with the developer's patchnotes on the actual content of their game, take it up with them. Not to mention that, again in the patchnotes, it's stated that while fighter armor was increased, their HP was also increased. Using math, their effective HP has actually increased, meaning it now takes even longer to kill stuff in the Veil than it did before.

If they were "capable of killing every enemy in a single hit", then that was after the armor was changed. It was a never a thing in the game, unless you used buffs from warframes. So sure you can be all technical about it, but again, it just makes more sense to look at how many shots it takes to kill.

1 hour ago, gluih said:

So because some youtuber said so, it's now a fact? Don't get me wrong, I like his videos. That still doesn't make what he says any more true.

That's not at all what they said, the video was just to show you that it got heavily nerfed, nothing to do with Potato himself

2 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

That's not at all what they said, the video was just to show you that it got heavily nerfed, nothing to do with Potato himself

I just have no idea why we would be talking about the video and not what's actually happening in the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, puleknow said:

Please change the cryophon damage back up.

Increase the damage for all weapons across the board. 

Increase the damage for all battle avionics.

They are not worth using for how little damage they do. 

The reason people were using cryophon is because it was the only MKIII railjack gun that actually managed to kill 90 fighters in a reasonable time. 

Nerfing the damage by half and nerfing enemy armor by half does nothing and doesnt actually address the problem of railjack damage.

in that it is much too difficult to actually damage the enemy without burst. The amount of shots you miss requires the damage to be extreme. 

I love fighting a swarm of enemies with my warframe and using powerful guns. None of the railjack guns still feel all that powerful .

EDIT:

De megan and Reb I hope you read!

All of the railjack weapons need to be buffed by 25%. This includes fire rate, damage, accuracy, falloff, etc.

Then buff rapidfire weapons by another 10%. The way the mechanics of railjack weapons works and feels means 

they should have high damage, especially rapid fire weapons. 

As for everyone that commented. This is the main issue with the railjack damage right now is the gun handling, feels 

really poor so even if you reduce the enemy armor, the guns themselves dont feel all too strong. 

You can even keep the drop rates the same because if the weapons feel fun to use, It does not feel grindy. 

I say this as an avid warframe player, the shooty shoot boom boom sanic movements is unparrell compared to any other game. Please buff the weapon damage a bit more.

(Also increase number of fighters, i like the way they explode) . 

POST EDIT:

By mechanics of railjack weapons, i mean they feel more like AA guns from WWII then assault rifles. high damage, large spread and low accuracy. 

You have the best Hyperstrike aka railjack serration installed? Zetki Hyperstrike for up to 121% damage

I have tested now both versions of the Apoc, Vidar and Zetki, yes i have both. My Zetki Apoc has 59.1% bonus fire rate, so it fires as fast as the Carcinnox, but generates more heat, tho it isnt as bad as before (with quadruple heat accretion, the zetki apoc stopped shooting after like 2 or 3 seconds of shooting, and took just as much to cool down, it was pretty bad) It is VERY strong, provided you know how to lead your shots. Vidar one shoots for longer time, while the zetki, while it does overheat pretty fast still, it deals with enemies really quick.

I do have Zetki Hyperstrike, and the crit mods for railjack, so it feels very VERY good to use the Zetki Apoc or the Vidar. a good replacement for the Cryophoon for those who who still are believing the cryophoon is "useless" now