Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

18 minutes ago, (XB1)ALTBOULI said:

Sadly I think you're you're probably right, especially with the new console point. I'm not expecting much but it never hurts to ask. 

I guess my concern as a console player is that I dont want to be pigeonholed on to a console just because I cant migrate accounts, if for example the new Playstation is more preferable to me I hope DE would at the very least offer some type of 1-time account migration. Especially given how it sounds like the new xbox will be very expensive 

Hopefully they'll manage to strike a deal, they've talked about it off and on during 2019. I wouldnt mind the option to pick up a console if I some day feel like it and be able to play WF on it aswell. And I can really understand the console fans that may want to pick up a different type of console the next time around, or heck have all of them and switch between which they play on as they like. For those that have different consoles it would be a huge benefit aswell, since a patch might be buggy on one but work better on the other at the time.

Just wanted to keep this topic on the radar. With the anticipation of the new console wars I was wondering if there is any internal talk regarding a Cross-save or a progress migration event. Even if it was once a year or something. Currently a switch player, but I'd like to play with the larger Warframe community. Once again, just trying to keep the dream alive

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Goku.Prime said:

Just wanted to keep this topic on the radar. With the anticipation of the new console wars I was wondering if there is any internal talk regarding a Cross-save or a progress migration event. Even if it was once a year or something. Currently a switch player, but I'd like to play with the larger Warframe community. Once again, just trying to keep the dream alive

DE has said in the past that they want cross-progression. But things like Railjack and SS were more important. I have not seen any updates to say it is “too hard” or what progress they have made.

• Like 1

I play final fantasy 14 online where the characters you make are locked into specific servers. Sometimes they'd incentivise server transfers by rewarding players that move out of highly populated servers and into smaller ones. I'd like to see something like that done for Switch since I'd rather populate the platform than suck up all its players. Final fantasy also puts a limit on how much currency you can take with you during a server transfer, so players from richer servers don't step down and wipe out the smaller ones. 

• Like 1

Cross-play would mean that you still have to play on PS4, and you can be matched with people from other platforms.
So it's not what you are looking for.

You want cross-progress. DE talked about it. They are looking into it. Nothing final just yet. Maybe it won't happen.

2 additional things:
How is this feedback? Why did you post in the feedback section?
and
Why didn't you use the search function?

Cross-play (teaming up with players from different platforms like pc, xbox, ps, switch) and cross-safe (continue progress, start, stop from different platforms) is nowadays more and more standard features than exceptions: destiny2, fortnite, call of duty. I'm not an expert on these technical know-how, but from a logical point of view everything should be linked to a platform-agnostic Warframe account that you can use anywhere. It seems like the operating model of their database is a replica for each platform. Hope to see this change in the very near future.

First off I would like to apologize as I'm sure the dev's have recently answered the question somewhere but I have not been able to find the answer and I also had no idea where to post this feedback. I would just like to say I was a ps4 player with over 2000 hours in warframe MR23 I believe and have spent well over 100 dollars buying occasional accessory packs and Mesa prime access. I love warframe but I left ps4 a while back and have had to leave warframe as well when I finally moved to PC and no way I'm starting over losing all of that time progress and money I have spent into the game. I just would like to know if anyone at DE has plans on if not Cross Save like D2 has done at least a 1 Time account transfer to PC because from what I've found I've only seen that in the past they've done account transfers away from PC. It would fill me with not to know it's being worked on even if it's far away ,and Visa versa I'd love to know if they have no plans at all to do this so I can give up on this effort and either donate my warframe account and/or stop wasting time hoping for it lol. Either way thank you for reading this post and for your time have a great day.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Chronos_Vortex said:

First off I would like to apologize as I'm sure the dev's have recently answered the question somewhere but I have not been able to find the answer and I also had no idea where to post this feedback.

It’s on the Support site. All you have to do is Google “Warframe account migration” and it should come up. The first result states that migration is not possible.

DE have said they were looking into cross-progression. But no updates have been given.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Chronos_Vortex said:

First off I would like to apologize as I'm sure the dev's have recently answered the question 

Nope they didnt.

I have been playing warframe for long time.... on console more thatn 5000 hrs, and a few on PC. My PS4 is dead. you spent 100 dollars?, I spent close to 1500 dollares buying prime access and accessories. I've been  waiting the cross save for around 1 year and nothing!!, absolutely nothing!!.....

Edited by (PS4)WetPollito

Just now, (PS4)Darkrya said:

They were talking about cross-progression a couple weeks ago, so I think next-gen consoles releasing would be a good time to implement that system

Cross progression would likely be between consoles due to how they do updates via pc. youd be locked out of content possibly transfering from pc to console on many occasion going back and forward between the two platforms unless they plan to get us all on the same update versions soon

Just now, (XB1)SATANIC DEMON3 said:

they've done it before, apparently it was to do with microsoft and playstation

not at all both parties have been accepting to cross play for ages now its moreso how De Has the versions of the game setup which is why PC to console is very unlikley and not bound to happen. Console to Console is Very likley however but Exclusive packs like the obsidan packs on ps4 would be only accessible via ps4 and such same goes for xbox and NSw 

Cross progression would mean your weapons, frames, map progress, mods. All the smaller basics will be moved around.

Any and all trade/market related items will likely be limited. plat,cosmetics,rivens,arcanes will likely be locked to platform earned/bought on.