Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

14 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Account transfer is something that we all want and DE have alluded to considering introducing it. I recall DE Steve saying on a Dev Stream some time ago that everyone wants Cross-Save (account transfer) except for those who have to program it!

I get that for DE it isn't simple. There are some items in game that are platform specific and I think that the cost of platinum is cheaper on PC?

Hopefully it will come in time.

Weird I thought cross play was what everyone wanted that was mentioned. I've never heard anyone from DE say they were even getting close to considering account transfers.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Weird I thought cross play was what everyone wanted that was mentioned.

Yes everyone wants cross play as well, but somehow I just can't see that happening. As Warframe uses the client machine as a server, it would potentially mean PCs and consoles directly talking to each other (not via a dedicated server like other games do) and I can't fathom Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo agreeing to this.
I wish I could remember which Dev Stream it was, but I know it was at least three months. Steve was reading questions from chat and made a passing remark about everyone wanting cross save except for those who had to program it.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Yes everyone wants cross play as well, but somehow I just can't see that happening. As Warframe uses the client machine as a server, it would potentially mean PCs and consoles directly talking to each other (not via a dedicated server like other games do) and I can't fathom Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo agreeing to this.
I wish I could remember which Dev Stream it was, but I know it was at least three months. Steve was reading questions from chat and made a passing remark about everyone wanting cross save except for those who had to program it.

I remember reading somewhere that the most difficult to convince (was it sony) would be possible, though I may be misremembering. 

I can imagine that would be hell to code though, yea, plus getting it not to be a completely buggy experience would be impressive. 

Now I was pretty successful in the game while I played on my Nintendo Switch. But I have recently gotten a PC for Christmas. I was soooo eager to try out Warframe on PC rather than staying on Switch. I downloaded the game only to realize, I can't keep any of my progress from my Switch. I searched everything on the forums only to figure out, there is indeed no way to migrate accounts. There was at some point a time to migrate accounts from PC to Switch, and here I am thinking to myself "Why can't they just reverse that idea and migrate things from Switch to PC?" I had also sold my Switch before I knew that I couldn't migrate anything. I was very sad that everything I had done on that account was gone now. Now I'm debating on whether or not I should redo everything that was on my Switch, or just give up on the game entirely. Now I'm not expecting special treatment from any of the game devs, I just want you guys to acknowledge that this is a problem almost no one talks about. Not many mention it because they've more the likely sucked it up and redone everything that happened before or gave up on the game. I don't want to give up on it, and I damn sure don't want to have to retrace my steps. After how long I've grinded and how much money I've spent on that game, I'm not going to waste more years on it. So until this is fixed in another patch, I'll just be taking a long hiatus away from this game. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Fiercefox444 said:

this is a problem almost no one talks about.

Sorry, its a problem everyone talks about.

Apparently, account migrations from PC to other platforms were seen as a "promotional event" of sorts. I don't think they're going to do that or, even if they want to, the companies owning the other platforms are going allow such a thing since, for them, having that happen will be the same as losing customers...

Doesn't quite affect DE that negatively as they would be able to actually focus their entire staff on the PC Client!

But for Sony, Microsh$ft and Nintendo, well... That would mean loss of customers.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Fiercefox444 said:

I just want you guys to acknowledge that this is a problem almost no one talks about.

If you had use the Search bar you would find dozens, maybe hundreds of topics asking the same thing.

As Uhkretor said "its a problem everyone talks about." and despite what some might say, DE would love being able for players to save in one platform and be able to play on another tho making different "save" files compatible in different builds of the game is not something easy, some content you may have acquired in PC may not be available on the Console you want to play due to difference in the Builds, builds on Consoles will never be the same as on PC due to the Cert requirements from said platforms and said platform holders will not be pleased with the idea of players being able to purchase goods on a platform that brings no benefits to them self, so convincing them to allow Cross saves is another challenge on its own.

So ive just got back into warframe after about a year. I had made loads of progress on my console and decided yano what, id rather play it on PC instead of having to switch everytime i want to play it. I went to go see about account migration and it had been discontinued?? If someone could tell me why, thatd be great but id personally like for DE to reinstate account merging. If its only me, i look kinda like a loner ngl lol

10 minutes ago, (PS4)ItsFurgo said:

id rather play it on PC instead of having to switch everytime i want to play it.

To bad migrations were NEVER from console to PC. They were only from PC to console to populate the newest console version of the game quicker. So that the game had a better start. Now that all the versions of the game are up and running, there is no need for another migration.

And again, nobody ever migrated from a console to a PC. So even if your petition succeeded and they made another migration, it wouldn't help you at all...

• Like 1

Just do the whole cross progression stuff. But deals have to be worked out betwen consoles, de, and tennogen artists.

Its possible but not likely to happen.

My one complaint between my pc account vs my main ps4 account. On console controls are perfect. I have no issues with touchy controls.

But on pc using a attatchable xbox one controller i can't seem to get the settings to be as smooth.  And i refuse to use a key & mouse with hotkrys galore.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ItsFurgo said:

I went to go see about account migration and it had been discontinued?? If someone could tell me why, thatd be great

It was a limited time offer

DE wants to do full-on cross-save, but none of the major platform holders will let them. They mentioned in the last devstream that yes, they know you want it too, they get requests for it every day, but the major platform holders have said "no" so many times that they just flat-out haven't tried at all for the last year

• Like 4

Ffs its the same thing every week just about, it doesn't matter if you start a petition or not, they know people want cross save or any variation thereof, but there's a process for these things, its not as simple as you and many others seem to think, can't just throw a switch and suddenly we have cross save or account migration. Do some research for crying out loud.

• Like 1

I started on PS4 and moved over to PC.  it's not as hard as you would think just do it a little bit at a time and you'll catch up to your PS4 account quicker than you'd think.   I have over 3,000hrs on my PS4 account I was able to get my PC account up to almost on par with that in about a 150hrs.

Warframe tends to make things easier to get as time goes on.  Like focus system, PS4 this was daily Loki stealth farming for months to max out.  Now with eidolons you can max the focus system pretty quickly with eidolon shards.  Also prime mods... used to have to wait 4 tons of cycles of Baro,  now you can get everything in one tennocon relay, and endo is way easier to get than the old fusion core system. Even Lvling stuff is easier than ever in eso.

To make the point even more they recently mAde it far easier and faster to max your railjack.  For me this was the other way around I spent tons of hrs on PC farming stuff to max my railjack and intrinsic, and as of yesterday it will take me almost no time to max it on my PS4 account, since they just dramatically increased the amount of exp you get for everything dramatically reduced the amount of time it takes to get the avionics you need etc.... I probably spent over a hundred hours for a good vidar reactor back when it spanned from 30 to 100, those are way easier now to get too.

Edited by Eluminary

I think part of the reason migrations don't exist anymore is exclusives. Imagine buying the PS4 cosmetic exclusives and then migrating to PC. Wouldn't make sense now would it? The only exception to this was Founders migrating from PC to Console as the founders stuff wasn't exclusive to PC, just exclusive to the early adopters of Warframe. However, once you migrated to console from PC, you were not allowed to migrate back. The migration was originally a limited time thing to populate consoles when Warframe launched on them.

Same situation here.

Started playing on launch day of PS4, stopped playing back in Nov / Dec. 2019. Too much grind to get weapons and frames back to same level as on my PS4 account. Not to mention all the plat I spent on PS4. I'm not a programmer but if they can convert accounts from PC -> Console, PC -> Switch, how can they not be able to do the reverse? They own the game so your Warframe account info belongs to DE. I don't want any exclusive gear / items. I just want my warframes / weapons to have the same mods / forma(s) as on console.