The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Discussion on Cross Save

(PSN)Mythologica

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

They mentioned multiple times already that it's in their plans for cross-save

That's awesome, if they let you hop from platform to platform then i'm throwing my xbox in the trash no freakin' joke.

although just having it be in their plans doesn't give me much hope rn... i plan to lose 20lbs by next month, doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

And before someone says "consoles wont allow it" its already been proven false by several other games and DE themselves have said that the consoles were willing ar this point.

Citation needed. Last we heard, Sony and Microsoft had said "no" yet again

1 hour ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Ugh again?

They mentioned multiple times already that it's in their plans for cross-save

Cross-play never happening though

just simple say to ppl "just empty out all your money and give it to DE" probably increase more workers that way to put cross saving.

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Citation needed. Last we heard, Sony and Microsoft had said "no" yet again

Minecraft, fortnight, rocket league.

For years now.

"Last we heard" was in a stream where DE simply said that talks went good a while ago, but DE simply has had "too much else needing their attention to look at crossplay or crosssave at this time" this was said as recently as the past 2 months as as far back as at least a year.

I believe it was brough up in one of shys interviews and one of the past 2 devstreams. All we hear is "its something we want to do, and ms and sony are willing but not at this time."

You want exacts, find it yourself. This has been known for 2 years at least now. Enjoy searching all the dev streams and various platform community streamd.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Minecraft, fortnight, rocket league.

For years now.

Because Fortnite, Minecraft, and Rocket League have clout

DE does not

In fact, DE have almost no respect from anyone except their own fans. It's a long, documented history.

Minecraft and Fortnite can have patches up within 48 hours. DE has to wait nearly TWO WEEKS

Stop acting like it's DE's fault that they've been told "no" so often that they just flat-out stopped writing the code for it under the despair they'll never get to actually use it

34 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Because Fortnite, Minecraft, and Rocket League have clout

DE does not

In fact, DE have almost no respect from anyone except their own fans. It's a long, documented history.

Minecraft and Fortnite can have patches up within 48 hours. DE has to wait nearly TWO WEEKS

Stop acting like it's DE's fault that they've been told "no" so often that they just flat-out stopped writing the code for it under the despair they'll never get to actually use it

Dauntless didn't have any clout more than DE. HiRez has done it with their games too (Paladins and Smite). There are many games with Cross Save now. There are a lot of roadblocks but let's not kid ourselves that it's external problems here. It does fall on DE on this one. Not rushing them to do so but ball's in their court.

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli

28 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Dauntless didn't have any clout more than DE. HiRez has done it with their games too (Paladins and Smite). There are many games with Cross Save now. There are a lot of roadblocks but let's not kid ourselves that it's external problems here. It does fall on DE on this one. Not rushing them to do so but ball's in their court.

They have wanted to do so for YEARS. Since I started playing this game in 2016, every third devstream or so had them being asked "Cross-save? Cross-play?!" and them answering "We would love to, but Sony and Microsoft won't let us". The ball is absolutely not in their court and has never been

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

They have wanted to do so for YEARS. Since I started playing this game in 2016, every third devstream or so had them being asked "Cross-save? Cross-play?!" and them answering "We would love to, but Sony and Microsoft won't let us". The ball is absolutely not in their court and has never been

Don't equate Cross Save and Cross Play. What are you speaking of?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Don't equate Cross Save and Cross Play. What are you speaking of?

I'm speaking of fan requests that have been on these forums for years. People ask for cross-play almost as often as they ask for cross-save

2 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

Sony and Microsoft are willing. I think it was confirmed in shy's interview.

Citation please, I remember them saying the publishers were NOT willing, which was the very reason WHY they didn't make plans

Edited by TARINunit9

Warframe cross save is almost impossible to do.

They will need to change the entire economy of the game.

If you buy plats, prime acess or cosmetics on Steam, it will not be available on Consoles.

The Game SMITE has cross save, but i can't use the skins i have on PS4 on PC.

The solutions is:

- Prime acess with cosmetics only.

- Remove the possibility to buy non cosmetic items for plats (resources, warframes, weapons, slots...)

This will ruin the current trade system.

Other games (Like Smite) you have the option to buy again the skins you like. But warframe there is more than just cosmetics.

All for this.. just restrict exclusive skins to only be used on specific consoles I suppose.

Maybe specific goods.. all DE & special events like twitch are shared to one unified account on the main website here linking everything together, but leveling and placing fashion aren't saved together? As well as Tennogen must be purchased on individual systems.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

Warframe cross save is almost impossible to do.

They will need to change the entire economy of the game.

If you buy plats, prime acess or cosmetics on Steam, it will not be available on Consoles.

The Game SMITE has cross save, but i can't use the skins i have on PS4 on PC.

The solutions is:

- Prime acess with cosmetics only.

- Remove the possibility to buy non cosmetic items for plats (resources, warframes, weapons, slots...)

This will ruin the current trade system.

Other games (Like Smite) you have the option to buy again the skins you like. But warframe there is more than just cosmetics.

And this is why I wouldnt use cross save. I'll stick to getting mu updates a few weeks behind on console. The fact I can buy tennogen with plat is enough for me to stay. 

It is the eventual future of the game, maybe even cross play. But If it's an option I'm not using the cross save feature at all, I'm happy right where I am. 

On 2020-05-26 at 10:38 AM, galaknight said:

Just want to get this out in the ether:

If DE ever implements cross-save and allows me to link all my platforms.

I will buy every Prime Access pack until I die or the game dies.

Currently my son and I are on separate systems (PC and Xbox) and we are unable to play together.  Neither of us want to start all over but we both have switch consoles and would move to the Switch if we could.  We are both huge fans and we appreciate everything you guys do.  Warframe is currently my son's favorite game (he just beat The War WIthin and is about to beat Chains of Harrow).  I'm going to refrain from stating his age, but as his father I'm very impressed with his achievements in the game.

Thank you for giving us a great game to experience together, even if we can't play together.

[DE] molto!

8 hours ago, RamonLeeYJ said:

DE has cross-save in their list, just don't get your hopes up yet.

Microsoft has shown to be much more open to cross-platform features recently, Sony on the other hand...not so much.

Nintendo tho, nahhh....

What are you speaking of? Nintendo has plenty of Cross Save. Even games that the others don't, such as the Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin 2, Civilization 6 all have Cross Save with their PC counterparts. Then there's mobile ports like Dawn of the Breakers and Elder Scroll Blades that have cross save with smartphones. Those are all only available with that feature on Switch compared to the other consoles. 

I thought the difficulty of implementing both cross-save and cross-play was largely borne out of the fact that DE updates the PC build almost daily, whereas the console versions tend to get more bulky patches at a reduced rate.  It's not like Fortnite where everyone's on the same build all the time.  I know the option to cross-save has been on the radar for a while, but I think it'll be a while longer still before it arrives.

31 minutes ago, Hollow_Knight said:

I thought the difficulty of implementing both cross-save and cross-play was largely borne out of the fact that DE updates the PC build almost daily, whereas the console versions tend to get more bulky patches at a reduced rate.  It's not like Fortnite where everyone's on the same build all the time.  I know the option to cross-save has been on the radar for a while, but I think it'll be a while longer still before it arrives.

Thats half of it. The other half is how cosmetics are monetized.

Pc you direct buy, on console you pay with plat ingame.

There is a reason everything in console trade chats is 10-20% cheaper than on pc. There are more platinum sinks in the forum of tennogen.

Buying plat goes farther in TC on consoles by a good amount, however on pc using trade chat earns much more plat for market items.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

12 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Thats half of it. The other half is how cosmetics are monetized.

Pc you direct buy, on console you pay with plat ingame.

There is a reason everything in console trade chats is 10-20% cheaper than on pc. There are more platinum sinks in the forum of tennogen.

Buying plat goes farther in TC on consoles by a good amount, however on pc using trade chat earns much more plat for market items.

Making the economic factor another big blocker, makes sense.

I wonder if there's a way to have a kind of 'main account', making that the only platform you can trade on, but allowing you to play on other platforms for the gameplay.

28 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Uh I don't think so, Stuff on PC is definitely cheaper since PC has plat purchase discounts. Plat is more valuable in consoles than pc

8 minutes ago, Hollow_Knight said:

Making the economic factor another big blocker, makes sense.

I wonder if there's a way to have a kind of 'main account', making that the only platform you can trade on, but allowing you to play on other platforms for the gameplay.

Beats me.. its entirely possible to simply mash the economy's together as they are.. would drop prices on pc and raise them on console lol.

You buy cheap on console and sell high on pc.. then buy the cosmetics for plat on console.

Lol i have no idea what DE should do.. or if they should even bother preventing cross save being used that way.

Just now, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Beats me.. its entirely possible to simply mash the economy's together as they are.. would drop prices on pc and raise them on console lol.

You buy cheap on console and sell high on pc.. then buy the cosmetics for plat on console.

Lol i have no idea what DE should do.. or if they should even bother preventing cross save being used that way.

Always in favour of a good mash up.  Especially if it's barely been considered.  Fail faster and all that.

~The Facebook approach.