Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

burnt out for months and still dont know what to do

FinOCE

Question

12 answers to this question

Do be aware though of how much time you spend on warframe, most burnt out is due to long grinding without breaks, keep sessions (not missions but the total amount you have played that day) of warframe short (shorter than when you burnt yourself out) and most importantly DON'T play the same missions/do the same grind all the time.

A good rule of thumb, for every 2-3 rounds of grinding go do a different mission. Don't know what to do? select a random mission using a random loadout. This'll help reduce the boredom of grinding, even if only a little.

Personally, right now i'm taking a break from warframe, not because of burnout but because i'm waiting for the upcoming changes to kuva liches and railjack so that the grind will be less painful then it is now.

As for more fun ideas, it depends on what you define as fun; personally i like doing silly things such as operator only in any mission, maximising and only using a single ability, challenges like those.

55 minutes ago, .Spawn said:

I'm MR25 and can't be bothered grinding for the last weapons and things...

Well that’s what Warframe is as a game. There’s a lot to do

Kuva Liches & their weapons

Railjack & getting the best current gear & weapons

Farming for recent primes

Arcane set completions 

Farming for newest released mods

Obtaining recent weapon blueprints

obtaining recent pets

Obtaining the highest title in POE, fortuna etc

Esphmera farming

.......I could really go on & on

The thing is you burned out in the first place, I don't get why people do this.
Just play the game if you want, don't if you are not enjoying it.
I play because I enjoy slaughtering clueless ai schmucks for an hour or two every day, but I don't play all modes and don't grind most new stuff unless it's very interesting to me.
Essentially the shedu is great.
The kuva weapons are great too(but I'm waiting for this week's patch to make them choosable)
Ivara Prime is a fancy jellyfish. (I kinda liked her prime look when I got her, not before)

Run low level nodes; Earth, Venus, Mars etc. Help new/low MR players, instead of bullet jumping through the whole mission, jog right alongside them. Dont kill the whole map alone, stand back and help if needed. Ask if they need help... Thats what I did at least.

Edited by TamePingu

Honestly, I would recommend something simple: don't grind.

Given the structure of loot and rewards in Warframe, it's easy to get lost grinding for that next shiny.  I'd suggest taking a step back and thinking about why you play Warframe in the first place.  I'm guessing it's not because you love running on an endless treadmill.  Do you like something about the combat?  Something about maneuvering through levels?  Giving your Warframes makeovers?

Whatever it is, go indulge that.  Do a mission just for fun, a mission where there are no worthwhile rewards you can earn.  Over years you've accumulated the power of a god in this game; take some time to simply enjoy using it for its own sake.  Afterwards, reflect on whether you enjoyed your time.

This might not occupy you for hours everyday, and that's okay.  Play Warframe when you're itching to play Warframe, and when you're not turn it off and do something else.  If you've burned yourself out on grind, you may need a lot of time away before the game starts to feel appealing again, and that's okay, too.

20 hours ago, .Spawn said:

I quit warframe a few months ago but want to get back into it. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for fun things to do? I'm MR25 and can't be bothered grinding for the last weapons and things...

Try conclave! I fell in love with warframe because of the mobility system, but the last few years big PvE updates have either totally ignored it or downright punished players for using it (hello adaptation!) [Jovian Discord is the one update that was a success in my book, because it actually rewarded mobility skills]

Conclave rewards using mobility effectively every time, it's really fun when you get the hang of it. When I started doing conclave it breathed new life into the game for me, nowadays it's almost all I do in-game. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TamePingu said:

Run low level nodes; Earth, Venus, Mars etc. Help new/low MR players, instead of bullet jumping through the whole mission, jog right alongside them. Dont kill the whole map alone, stand back and help if needed. Ask if they need help... Thats what I did at least.

This ^^

Nothing refreshes my attitude as much as helping noobs. Friend a couple and tell them you're happy to help if they ever hit a roadblock. Last night I just helped a noob take down the Jackal over and over so he could get the parts for Rhino. He was so happy and appreciative. I left the game smiling.

On 2020-02-03 at 1:59 AM, .Spawn said:

I quit warframe a few months ago but want to get back into it. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for fun things to do? I'm MR25 and can't be bothered grinding for the last weapons and things...

the same thing we always do pinky, go back to "classic warframe" and play endless missions like defence/survival and reforma/relvl junk weapons because reasons, thats kinda warframe 101 for old timers.